Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I've never seen someone try so hard to cheat at a game that required it so little.

Believe me I duped and hacked the shit out of my D2 chars, but that also made playing the game pointless and no fun after about 5 min.
im sorry im ruining your enjoyment of the game by trying to bypass goin from 1-60 normal-hell since i already did it 8 times on pc, me wanting to mod my diablo 3 does not effect you isnt that a shocker, so put a bandaid over your vagina and kindly shut the fuck up.

hacking the fuck out of borderlands and skyrim gave those games some extra life, so go eat shit.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I can easily see a potential need for hacking gold into the game. Compared to PC its hard to generate enough when crafting, no AH hurts in that regard. A Dex Archon BP for example costs 150k gold which is half of my saved gold. Add another 150k gold for another 20 slots in the stash and you run out crazy quick. Going to hold off on modifying any saved games unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I can easily see a potential need for hacking gold into the game. Compared to PC its hard to generate enough when crafting, no AH hurts in that regard. A Dex Archon BP for example costs 150k gold which is half of my saved gold. Add another 150k gold for another 20 slots in the stash and you run out crazy quick. Going to hold off on modifying any saved games unless it becomes absolutely necessary.
Big shocker, but that's probably the point. To give you something to aspire for. I'm beyond sick of people who want instant gratification having an effect on the game industry. The entire point of playing these types of games is to try an get lucky and acquire some cool stuff, not mod your save and get bored in ten minutes. TeckNoe's attitude is why MMO's and ARPG's are catering to the least common denominator because people can't fucking handle putting in any extra time to get the good items, or whatever! Sadly the entire point of a game is to WASTE TIME, so I'm not fucking sure why people are driven to get shit done and be back to being bored AS SOON AS FUCKING POSSIBLE!!

blumpster_sl

shitlord
Big shocker, but that's probably the point. To give you something to aspire for. I'm beyond sick of people who want instant gratification having an effect on the game industry. The entire point of playing these types of games is to try an get lucky and acquire some cool stuff, not mod your save and get bored in ten minutes. TeckNoe's attitude is why MMO's and ARPG's are catering to the least common denominator because people can't fucking handle putting in any extra time to get the good items, or whatever! Sadly the entire point of a game is to WASTE TIME, so I'm not fucking sure why people are driven to get shit done and be back to being bored AS SOON AS FUCKING POSSIBLE!!
From a company's perspective, at least in the case of a console release, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. If the player corrupts the experience and expedites their consumption of the product then that opens up the chances they go and buy another game. Then later on the company releases a 10-20 dollar DLC to draw the player back for another four hours of bliss. It's no surprise all the big money makers are nickle and dime goody prizes. Gamers are like little kids at the grocery store: all the sustenance behind them, heading out the automatic doors, they clamor for their mom's wallet so they can buy a stupid fucking plastic toy, fake tattoo, or gumball from those dumb red machines with the plastic eggs inside.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
you're wrong, i put in the time in diablo 3 on pc every toon to 60 and can farm mp7+ before it 1 bill was 2$

with how retarded the xbox is and the way it works online, i had to buy m gf a gold membership just so she could coop screen with me, and my cousin playing at his house, sorry i want to bypass leveling like i said thats all i dont want to have 18239823892 stats, you're just an idiot modding games can add tons of joyment after you have played them the way they were meant, and i sure put in my time on pc, i was one of the first to actually down diablo before the giant nerf so just slow your roll.

And i actually crave the next game thats as grueling as EQ was, you got me completely wrong kid, wanting an wasy way to bypass 1-60 on all toons so i can have a varity ready at any point for guest to play on live, sorry microsoft is gay and this is the way they chose to do things, so without spending 300 a year on gold memberships, this is the only way to truly have a random buddy come over and jump into your lvl 60 or whatever game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm going to go ahead and assume by having to buy and pay for another gold account, you did something wrong. You should be able to make a save on a USB stick for each person and load off of that, even using a silver account for strictly offline play?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281758552

Each player will need a profile in order to play on the Xbox 360 (all of these profiles can be from the same machine, or not). Silver and Gold accounts can download their profile (and character save) from cloud storage, but Silver accounts will need an external storage device to save any progress they make when they're playing on a friends console. Gold accounts will have the additional option of cloud storage to save their characters. I'll have to ask around to make sure that multiple Silver profiles on one machine can save to its hard drive, but I'll update this thread when I find out.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
If you want to play it like a console peasant go ahead. The pc master race version is for people that want more meat on their game. Completely agree that duping ruined d2 for me. I went legit on d3 and got way, way more enjoyment out of it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
RE Duping: I've seen a few people (wish I had the links) of people doing the "Paragon 1000" challenge. They had, for instance, 4 barbs at paragon 100 and all wearing the EXACT same (name, stats, everything) uber as fuck droppable necklace.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you want to play it like a console peasant go ahead. The pc master race version is for people that want more meat on their game. Completely agree that duping ruined d2 for me. I went legit on d3 and got way, way more enjoyment out of it.
More like.. Less meat, currently.
and by meat, i mean drops.

Once 2.0 is released the PC version should be fantastic however

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
No it won't, the loot in D3PC will always be weak as long as there is a RMAH cash grab.

edit- even if loot were the exact same as console it'd still be shitty since you could get better items for your char spending 1 blizzard buck then spending days playing the game.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No it won't, the loot in D3PC will always be weak as long as there is a RMAH cash grab.

edit- even if loot were the exact same as console it'd still be shitty since you could get better items for your char spending 1 blizzard buck then spending days playing the game.
Lol

an accordion_sl

shitlord

BUT WHY WOULD YOU?

Needless

Toe Sucker

Add a Ladder system, remove the AH from the Ladder. If the ladder is 6 months, when those characters go non-ladder, then you can use the AH and shit with them.

Boosh, problem solved.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Add a Ladder system, remove the AH from the Ladder. If the ladder is 6 months, when those characters go non-ladder, then you can use the AH and shit with them.

Boosh, problem solved.
Sure that'd be great, but extremely unlikely to happen. To put it in would kill RMAH profits, Blizzard isn't going to give that up just to make a good game.

Console versions were sold without it because otherwise there would be few people playing to take money from anyways. But with the PC version, in their eyes, there's already a huge base of people on PC to make big RMAH bucks off of when the expansion comes out.

The people that don't like pay to win already left, maybe even gave more money by getting the console version. There's no reason to try and win them back now.

Sobaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kind of sad that the game is designed around the AH. The worst part is that the shit that drops was never for you, but it was more of an exchanger for currency so you can scour the AH in search of stuff that IS good for you. Awesome gameplay mechanic to stare at lists of information. I'm skeptical as to how Loot 2.0 or whatever they call it will actually work for relevant drops.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Started playing HC shaman again today, level 20ish if anyone wants to join.
PC?
frown.png

I'm stickin to the 360 until 2.0 hits or i'd totes be down

Sure that'd be great, but extremely unlikely to happen. To put it in would kill RMAH profits, Blizzard isn't going to give that up just to make a good game.

Console versions were sold without it because otherwise there would be few people playing to take money from anyways. But with the PC version, in their eyes, there's already a huge base of people on PC to make big RMAH bucks off of when the expansion comes out.

The people that don't like pay to win already left, maybe even gave more money by getting the console version. There's no reason to try and win them back now.
I'm not sure how you see it extremely unlikely to happen. This is honestly the one thing they need to add in the expansion to make the game appealing to the majority of the people that left due to the stupidity of the AH.
If you don't care for the ladder, don't play it. You can still start as a non ladder character and enjoy the current system that is there.

The only thing that adding a ladder system will do, are good things for them. The pay to win kiddies can still play their AH game, while the people that enjoyed D1 and D2 for what it was, have the ladder system to play with. 6 month ladder resets is more than enough time to get play out of a character before you would peak and get bored anyway.

Then come 6 months when those characters go "NL" (non-ladder), even these people can just toss their good shit on the RMAH, make a few bucks and start the next ladder.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to go ahead and assume by having to buy and pay for another gold account, you did something wrong. You should be able to make a save on a USB stick for each person and load off of that, even using a silver account for strictly offline play?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281758552
idk i tried saving her character, and loading it up for her on a guest account because thats the only way she was able to play online, as a guest as a freshly new character, i put her save onto my usb and it does not even give you the option to load a character as a guest.

the only account i could select for her, and have her actually online with me was a guest account, and it started her over and never gave an option to load from a usb.

talking about taking 1 gold membership, and having my girlfriend co-op and play on xbox live with me, both accounts need gold, im almost positive.