Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
So I managed to totally fuck up. I had reset the story on ALL of my level 60 characters recemntly, so at midnight, when the expansion launched, I had to slog through the end of act 2 and continue on to kill Diablo before I could get to the new shit. I decided to just drop the difficulty from torment to master and rush though the acts but still managed to hit 63 before getting to the new content, when I got to the fire boss I realized my earlier fuck up saved my ass because I only managed to win that fight with a sliver of life left, everything on cooldown including potions and no more spirit that I could convert to life through spamming spirit spenders.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So I managed to totally fuck up. I had reset the story on ALL of my level 60 characters recemntly, so at midnight, when the expansion launched, I had to slog through the end of act 2 and continue on to kill Diablo before I could get to the new shit. I decided to just drop the difficulty from torment to master and rush though the acts but still managed to hit 63 before getting to the new content, when I got to the fire boss I realized my earlier fuck up saved my ass because I only managed to win that fight with a sliver of life left, everything on cooldown including potions and no more spirit that I could convert to life through spamming spirit spenders.
Did you do it after the launch? my wizard was stuck in A2 upon reset, when i loaded the game up after launch he was set to A5 quest 1

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The boss would have been easier if you had still been level 60. The reason people are having so much difficulty is that each level 61-70 adds a ton of stats to mobs, but people aren't 'sitting' at that level and re-gearing, so their own stats aren't rising as fast as the mobs are. Once people hit 70 and farm for a couple days the difficulty won't seem so bad.

Column_sl

shitlord
Honestly , people are just making the game more difficult then it really is because they are used to playing a certain way.

That doesn't mean I didn't die allot to the cheesy Boss shit, but almost all of that could be zerged down if you wanted to stay on Torment 4.

When they adjust to the new mob/boss mechanics it will be easy again. The new Expansion has been no problem for me so far, I played almost all of it on Torment 4, and switched down to Torment 1 when I hit 69 only because I wanted to get through it quicker.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The boss would have been easier if you had still been level 60. The reason people are having so much difficulty is that each level 61-70 adds a ton of stats to mobs, but people aren't 'sitting' at that level and re-gearing, so their own stats aren't rising as fast as the mobs are. Once people hit 70 and farm for a couple days the difficulty won't seem so bad.
Wait, mobs scale with your level? Didn't know that.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's one of the changes in 2.0. That's why you can get from 1-60 in Act I now. The difficulties are just that, difficulties, they have no effect on thelevelof the mob, they're just stat multipliers. People are just outleveling their gear and getting kicked in the face because they forgot that can happen. It happens a ton at low levels but low level mob stats are so low you only notice in extreme cases. High level mob stats are bonkers.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's one of the changes in 2.0. That's why you can get from 1-60 in Act I now. The difficulties are just that, difficulties, they have no effect on thelevelof the mob, they're just stat multipliers. People are just outleveling their gear and getting kicked in the face because they forgot that can happen. It happens a ton at low levels but low level mob stats are so low you only notice in extreme cases. High level mob stats are bonkers.
I guess this is one of the main reasons why, when leveling up, you get some really nice drops that I never saw first time round. I swear the game is throwing bows and crossbows at my Demon Hunter. I got a sweet Legendary Xbow while leveling him up a bit, over the weekend, that increased my weapons DPS by 100 (currently he's only level 55). Then a few levels later it gave me a yellow 2H bow with higher dps, stats and bigger life steal.

I do like the smart loot drops though, I get a ton of Bows/Xbows and Demon Hunter loot with a few non demonhunter things thrown in as well, like 75/25%

Elerion

N00b
Shit was kinda hard if you went untwinked in vanilla 2.0 also, people are just too used to twinking their lowbies and instantly upgrading half their gear to legendaries/set items when they hit 60, so they get caught off guard when that advantage disappears.

Two days ago I had guildies arguing whether they should level to 70 on Torment 1 or Torment 2 (on HC), I just laughed at them. They all dinged 70 on Hard.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah I'm going to try leveling to 70 on T1 but based on what others are saying, I'll probably be on Master or lower.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm curious how Epiphany's fire rune will interact with other monk skills. All the description says is it adds 353% fire damage to all monk attacks. Single target? AE? And is it every attack? And does each attack get the full bonus or is it scaled by the proc coefficient?

If you get a full suit of CDR gear(think it would be 50% cap) + Beacon of Ytar, you could get the cooldown to 18s, which means up pretty much all the time. If it interacts with FoF such that the regular attack + holy dot both get 353% * proc coefficient, that's a ton of extra damage.
I've gotten so used to using Cyclone Strike followed up with Lashing Tail Kick that dropping CS for Epiphany and it's 1 minute cooldown is going to be hard. I slotted it just to play around with it and found myself not using it and saving it until I ran into yellow or purple bosses.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Shit was kinda hard if you went untwinked in vanilla 2.0 also, people are just too used to twinking their lowbies and instantly upgrading half their gear to legendaries/set items when they hit 60, so they get caught off guard when that advantage disappears.

Two days ago I had guildies arguing whether they should level to 70 on Torment 1 or Torment 2 (on HC), I just laughed at them. They all dinged 70 on Hard.
Thought it was just me... I dropped to Master after Uzrzarazarael.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I hit 67 before fighting Uzi so that was kinda painful. On the plus side I did get a pair of 68 flamewalkers to drop shortly thereafter. I've been a completionist and doing all of each map so I figure I will be 70 easy before the end.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've gotten so used to using Cyclone Strike followed up with Lashing Tail Kick that dropping CS for Epiphany and it's 1 minute cooldown is going to be hard. I slotted it just to play around with it and found myself not using it and saving it until I ran into yellow or purple bosses.
Cyclone Strike is never leaving my bar. The amount of utility that ability has is just nuts. Instead, it will either be sweeping winds or ltk that gets dropped. I'll have to test out the maths on Epiphany, if I can actually get it down to 18s and how that fire rune's damage is applied to abilities, etc. Sweeping winds has the benefit of doing damage in the background. I'm just not sure it will be that much, especially if you have something like a thunderfury equipped AND Epiphany is based on proc coefficient. Then sweeping winds can't proc either and the damage will look pretty paltry in comparison. In that case, I'll keep LTK, specifically scorpion sting. That stun is just too damn useful at trivializing elites and tough mobs like those punishers.

Tangent: I'm starting to wonder if TF + Shield is better than TF + WFK/Odyn Son. Half your hits not a thunderfuy seems a big dps hit. But, not sure how to math out the loss of a socket and +lightning%.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Cyclone Strike is never leaving my bar. The amount of utility that ability has is just nuts. Instead, it will either be sweeping winds or ltk that gets dropped. I'll have to test out the maths on Epiphany, if I can actually get it down to 18s and how that fire rune's damage is applied to abilities, etc. Sweeping winds has the benefit of doing damage in the background. I'm just not sure it will be that much, especially if you have something like a thunderfury equipped AND Epiphany is based on proc coefficient. Then sweeping winds can't proc either and the damage will look pretty paltry in comparison. In that case, I'll keep LTK, specifically scorpion sting. That stun is just too damn useful at trivializing elites and tough mobs like those punishers.

Tangent: I'm starting to wonder if TF + Shield is better than TF + WFK/Odyn Son. Half your hits not a thunderfuy seems a big dps hit. But, not sure how to math out the loss of a socket and +lightning%.
Keep in mind I just started playing last week so this may sound like a stupid question. If Cyclone Strike will never leave your bar, then how will you ever use Epiphany since they both go in slot #3?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Keep in mind I just started playing last week so this may sound like a stupid question. If Cyclone Strike will never leave your bar, then how will you ever use Epiphany since they both go in slot #3?
Oh sweetums, oh poor poor sweetums.

Let me tell you about a little setting you can enable in the settings.

Go to your Options > Gameplay > and set Elective Mode to on. You'll be able to put any skills of any type in any slot.. so multiples of each "Category" lol

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's a setting in options (under gameplay I believe) called "Elective Mode". This is basically the real version of the game. It lets you put whatever skill in whatever slot, including multiple skills from the same "group" of skills, e.g. you have have multiple defensive skills or whatever. The only restriction is some skills still can't go on left mouse click.