Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally tonight, I got my 2nd legendary that I'll actually use. Countess Julia's Cameo. Hell with them arcane beams now! haha

Other than that, just been slowly upgrading through rerolling rares.
frown.png
Legendaries hate me.

Crone - Community - Diablo III

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Not sure how this is doing around the world but in the UK it barely hangs on in the top 40 best selling games, down from 6 to 37, in its second week. Its first week sales weren't brilliant.

GFK Chart-Track

From the look and sound of it it deserves better but it seems people are pissed at Kotick and Blizzards philosophy of monetizing their IPs.

Did better in the US week 1 but I don't think week 2 sales are out for it yet ?

Not knocking it btw, I'll probably pick it up some time soon. Just wondering if Blizz have finally pissed off people so much that they'll turn their back on a good game.

(As an aside those numbers probably don't include online sales, but Blizz always posted solid retail numbers before now)

DavivMcD

Peasant
A PC, downloadable expansion isn't showing well on physical copy sales lists in the UK? Oh shit Blizz better worry.

No, they sold 2.7 million copies the first week. That's plenty.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Personally, I checked like 5 different shops the day after launch and the only place I could find it had it for ~44?, so I said screw it and bought it directly online.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I just bought it myself so I'm certainly not hating on it.

Yeah first week sales are clearly okay here in the UK - entered the sales chart at no 6

Just a big drop for a Blizzard title to go down to 37 in only its second week.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
For those of you who have done countless bounties, do you skip elite packs and just go straight for the objectives? I've been noticing that killing elites cuts into the speed at which you can do them, especially if you get some rough affix combos, and 90%+ of my legendaries have dropped from chests/breakables, so I'm not really sure they are worth killing.
I usually kill large groups and elite packs and dont bother with the odd single mob or those with tons of hitpoints - it's definitely slower that way but more enjoyable. I would probably quit otherwise because just rushing the bounty while bending over to squeeze another second off the run doesnt sound very fun. Same reason I didnt bother with chest runs and stopped doing manglemaw after 20 minutes.

I've been wondering though, do elite packs and/or bosses have any bonus to loot or do they just take longer to kill for the same chance at loot as a random trash mob? The guaranteed rare the packs had before the expansion doesnt seem thrilling since every other white mob drops them too.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Probably not that reflective of its sales, bearing in mind it's an online only, downloadable expansion.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Lvl 1 character killing mathael on T6:

Apparently if you have a lvl 70 Hellfire ring with dex it gives you over 100% dodge chance at lvl 1.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's the story with Kadala and the blood shards. Is it all just a crap shoot? Does it matter what game difficulty or what item slot you buy? I assume the blood shards serve no other purpose so I may as well use them.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to feel the effects of a no trading game right now. We play pretty much every day, over 6 to 8 hours at nights, and have yet to find ONE piece of the new sets. We play mostly in torment III and can clear that shit very very fast in rifts or anything else. It's just streaks of shitty legendaries or perfectly rolled legs for specs/classes combo we'll never use but can't do anything with but salvage really.
In an ideal world farming wouldn't seem so tedious because the shit you find could be put to good use in to be traded, right now 99 percent of what you find will be salvaged since you are only after a few select items at this level of gear.
Farming hours upon hours to find shit i could trade would feel like i'm accomplishing SOMETHING at least, right now piling up souls just doesn't do the trick.
But then there's bots and shit, of course, so we can't have nice things etc.

Also There hardly is any incentive to play in higher torments for content outside of rifts (and even in rifts i'd agree it makes very little difference), i know on the paper the numbers are there, but in game the drops feel exactly the same. RNG can and will fuck you in torment I or III, and it is so much faster to clear in lesser torments that the appeal of higher difficulties isn't there unless you're crazy about paragon XP.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm starting to feel the effects of a no trading game right now. We play pretty much every day, over 6 to 8 hours at nights, and have yet to find ONE piece of the new sets. We play mostly in torment III and can clear that shit very very fast in rifts or anything else. It's just streaks of shitty legendaries or perfectly rolled legs for specs/classes combo we'll never use but can't do anything with but salvage really.
In an ideal world farming wouldn't seem so tedious because the shit you find could be put to good use in to be traded, right now 99 percent of what you find will be salvaged since you are only after a few select items at this level of gear.
Farming hours upon hours to find shit i could trade would feel like i'm accomplishing SOMETHING at least, right now piling up souls just doesn't do the trick.

Also There hardly is any incentive to play in higher torments for content outside of rifts (and even in rifts i'd agree it makes very little difference), i know on the paper the numbers are there, but in game the drops feel exactly the same. RNG can and will fuck you in torment I or III, and it is so much faster to clear in lesser torments that the appeal of higher difficulties isn't there unless you're crazy about paragon XP.
They screwed this game up in many ways. Trade should be viable. Different torrent levels should drop more powerful legendaries(Stat wise and perhaps even unique). I do not understand the reason or need to progress to higher levels, if a jar on normal can drop the very best weapon in the game. Yes the set pieces are important and fun, but once I get them, do I win the game? This is the way I would have designed their system.

1. Of course you can trade between players. I would have removed the real money auction house. Certain items could be restricted.

2. Normal-Master would drop equivalent loot. T-1-T2 would allow for new uniques with actual legendary effects. T3-T4's loot would potentially have higher stat legendaries that over a period of time would allow for progression onto the final two stages. T5-T6's loot would have epic legendaries that could not be traded. Killing Death on T-6 with a 70th level character would potentially drop a unique legendary based on the class the person was playing. It would be a little stronger but would certainly stand out when seen. Also, the next time your account was activated, a file would download. This download would allow you to see the cut scene that should have been put into the game.

3. 2 handers would roll potentially two sockets. Legendary stats would be much better than rares. I should not have to contemplate on whether a legendary should go into a slot where I have a rare.

Then the random system would be the only thing left to deal with. I figure having set pieces drop off certain bosses would be the best way to deal with that situation.

Juvarisx

Florida
Yep, Torment 1 is where its at if you are doing rifts, and normal mode with 3 other people is where its at for bounties or switch to T1 bounties if solo. Until they give a damn good reason for farming higher Torment levels there is just no reason to in terms of time. I will take killing things super fast with more chances for an item to drop on T1 even if the chance is 1.15 pct over killing shit slow, maybe dying etc and t6 is a 2.5pct drop chance? Does this make fucking sense to anyone else?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I found a set piece yesterday, Zunimassa's was found on my barb. At least it wasn't Blackthornes!

Neph_sl

shitlord
I can farm T2 easily on my Wiz, but at this point, it's just farming to marginally improve my gear. Before, I was farming to replace my last rare with a legendary, or farming forgotten souls for enchanting. Sure, I could farm for sets, but that just doesn't have the draw given that they share a drop rate with legendaries. In fact, I would rather level up another Wizard and go through the rare -> legendary gearing process again, rather than incrementally improving my wizard. But I'm not going to do that until ladders come out.

With the way smart loot works now, I'm considering leveling a WD for a change of pace. I banked a lot of my level 60 gear, so I could use some of that while leveling. But also, once I get back to farming Torment, I could at least trade gear between my Wiz and WD.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
To be honest i wouldn't mind if they got rid of sockets on weapons and re balanced the game around it. It would open up a lot more options as viable,and you'd be able to goof around with some uncommon/fun procs weapons without gimping yoruself.

Even a weapon with very good rolls, +dmg, high damage + high stat will be shit cause no socket, and re rolling a socket on it will lower its dps significantly since you have to re roll one of the good affixes.
The need for socket on weapons can fuck off.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those of you who have done countless bounties, do you skip elite packs and just go straight for the objectives? I've been noticing that killing elites cuts into the speed at which you can do them, especially if you get some rough affix combos, and 90%+ of my legendaries have dropped from chests/breakables, so I'm not really sure they are worth killing.
If you're doing bounties you should just do them on normal and one shot elites. I kill them there because I need yellow crafting materials/money. But if you're doing them in say t1 and its taking you longer than 10s to kill any pack I don't know that I'd go out of my way to kill them, but I'd probably still kill the ones in my way as elites like to chase you for a long time. But if it takes you more than 10s to kill elites in t1 I'd say that is even more reason to just speed farm normal.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think it's great that they removed trading. However, it does feel like the loot system needs a bit more tuning. Getting a random legendary that's most likely is a downgrade (and that you probably can't even use on an alt due to the smart loot system) every couple of hours can be a bit frustrating. I think they should either increase the drop rate significantly or give players a bit more control over what drops.

As for Torment levels, maybe they could increase the possible stat range on items by a few percent per torment level?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yep, Torment 1 is where its at if you are doing rifts, and normal mode with 3 other people is where its at for bounties or switch to T1 bounties if solo. Until they give a damn good reason for farming higher Torment levels there is just no reason to in terms of time. I will take killing things super fast with more chances for an item to drop on T1 even if the chance is 1.15 pct over killing shit slow, maybe dying etc and t6 is a 2.5pct drop chance? Does this make fucking sense to anyone else?
Even if you can kill pretty quick on T1?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think it's great that they removed trading. However, it does feel like the loot system needs a bit more tuning. Getting a random legendary that's most likely is a downgrade (and that you probably can't even use on an alt due to the smart loot system) every couple of hours can be a bit frustrating. I think they should either increase the drop rate significantly or give players a bit more control over what drops.

As for Torment levels, maybe they could increase the possible stat range on items by a few percent per torment level?
I'd prefer a system where items in normalcanroll just as good as T6 but, in general, T6 items roll consistently better. Like for each difficulty you go up the floor is elevated on an item. So if it can roll 300-600 VIT that is the "normal" range. On T1 it is like 400-600 and on T6 like 500-600.

However I think with item re-rolling and all that shit it would be a nightmare to implement.