Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Think we need to categorize how mad the people in here are by group then sub-group them based on what they are going to do about it.

Take a break, fuck knows I am.

Did I get to even see a witching hour, calamity or marauder pants? No. Am I going to continue the grind for another 400+ hours to get one? Not right now. Will I get one of those on my next bender? I'm almost certain.

Dark Souls 2 released... Diablo for me was always the burn your pixel brains out then leave and come back game. I got my hours out of Diablo 3 every time I came back moreso than everything else released in past years except maybe Dota2. When you decide to take a break, you don't have to hate the game because you exhausted all you wanted to do in it for the time being.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He is only using the 3 set bonus, the 4 set is medicore past T4 (you simply dont have the room to branch into 4 different elements at that point, you have to stack either fire or arcane, use prismatic energy armor, etc)
Is the 25% resistance to all damage types reflected in your resists on your character details, or in your toughness? That sounds OP. lol

Edit: And also, some other questions, if you don't mind... So I got WoW, and my blasts are owning big time, and I also just picked up a Mirrorball +2 last night as well.

So now I'm going MM + EB for my build, and I'm gambling for a Cindercoat. Now, prior to WoW/MB I was doing the Meteor fire build. I can still do this, for fun, but seems silly considering the gear I have been lucky enough to get.

I hardly ever use AP, so maybe just so I can use up some AP, I'll throw in Meteor to burn through AP while my blasts are going off!

Edit2: Just realized I never asked a question, and I guess if shit's dying then who cares, but was kind of curious what other wizards did, but that just makes me sound like a dick considering the main/off hand I've been lucky enough to get.

Juvarisx

Florida
Is the 25% resistance to all damage types reflected in your resists on your character details, or in your toughness? That sounds OP. lol

Edit: And also, some other questions, if you don't mind... So I got WoW, and my blasts are owning big time, and I also just picked up a Mirrorball +2 last night as well.

So now I'm going MM + EB for my build, and I'm gambling for a Cindercoat. Now, prior to WoW/MB I was doing the Meteor fire build. I can still do this, for fun, but seems silly considering the gear I have been lucky enough to get.

I hardly ever use AP, so maybe just so I can use up some AP, I'll throw in Meteor to burn through AP while my blasts are going off!

Edit2: Just realized I never asked a question, and I guess if shit's dying then who cares, but was kind of curious what other wizards did, but that just makes me sound like a dick considering the main/off hand I've been lucky enough to get.
Keep meteor in the build regardless, its a stellar ability with Meteor Shower rune. If you have the Firebird's Offhand use that + spectral blades / flame blades and bank the mirrorball. If not use MM Conflag but keep meteor. Essentially you would want to chain reaction eb into a boss while spamming meteors for huge burst damage. The mirrorball'd missiles is good for range and solid dps for getting AP back, but Firebirds eye is generally better for the build with Woh. Woh + Firebirds Eye or Burning Axe + Mirrorball is the generally accepted target. Some like Thunderfury more then the Axe but I prefer straight elemental damage thus I don't fall into that group but there are benefits for both.

Your other option is subbing in Black Hole / Blazar for Meteor if you are running solo or without a monk

Crone

Keep meteor in the build regardless, its a stellar ability with Meteor Shower rune. If you have the Firebird's Offhand use that + spectral blades / flame blades and bank the mirrorball. If not use MM Conflag but keep meteor. Essentially you would want to chain reaction eb into a boss while spamming meteors for huge burst damage. The mirrorball'd missiles is good for range and solid dps for getting AP back, but Firebirds eye is generally better for the build with Woh. Woh + Firebirds Eye or Burning Axe + Mirrorball is the generally accepted target. Some like Thunderfury more then the Axe but I prefer straight elemental damage thus I don't fall into that group but there are benefits for both.

Your other option is subbing in Black Hole / Blazar for Meteor if you are running solo or without a monk
Thank you for being able to decipher my post into exactly what I was looking for. I have a burning axe in my stash, so I'll try both and will add Meteor back into my build.
Thanks again!

My build right now:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/38914923

Already have Blackhole in the build, and love it. Might drop Teleport... it's nice, but without Cosmic Strand, it's not "essential".

Juvarisx

Florida
Thank you for being able to decipher my post into exactly what I was looking for. I have a burning axe in my stash, so I'll try both and will add Meteor back into my build.
Thanks again!

My build right now:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/38914923

Already have Blackhole in the build, and love it. Might drop Teleport... it's nice, but without Cosmic Strand, it's not "essential".
Yea it comes down to playstyle, with Axe and Mirrorball you can def range it with Blackhole and drop teleport. With an EB + WoW build I would def keep teleport for higher torment difficulties as you will be melee 98% of the time. Don't get me wrong if you are absolutely in love with Woh and want to keep playing melee wizard, do so even with mirrorball its not bad in the least.

edit. Looking at your profile, if you can craft Aughild Shoulders and Bracers, do so and target a RRoG, you won't replace them. I am a fan of the Illusory Boots for melee Wizard personally, but don't be afraid to use Iceclimbers on T4+ if you get them. If you commit yourself to a MM / Meteor build consider cain's boots and legs with RRoG.

Melee Fire: Woh + Firebirds, Triumvirate is one step below that, then Mirrorball. If you choose this you can try MM + Conflag in melee range, you may find it awkward as the point of conflag is to build up a nice big stack and melee requires more burst.

Ranged Fire: Burning Axe + Mirrorball which you have

Its all about playstyles, I really liked melee wizard so I did it with sub optimal gear

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You bastard Crone you got a WoW. My Wizard needs some love, might have to switch to him for a bit and tighten him up.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I was gifted the rarest and best weapon for a WD from trading, and it's a fucking shame that trading isn't more open. If someone who completely lucked into something awesome is saying the system is broken, maybe the system is broken.
Trading will not fix this.

Take the night you got your SMK, for example, assuming we're back with a RMAH, a gold AH and face-to-face trading.

Scenario 1.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone freaks the fuck out and tells him he's on a winner. He either RMAH's it for 250 dollars, gold AH's it for several billion gold, or trades it for a Wand of Woh. Unless you can afford the $250, or the several billion gold, or have a Wand of Woh you didn't end up getting an SMK from a guy you did a Rift with.

Scenario 2.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone is dead silent, and when asked is an SMK worth anything, they all lie and say it's worthless. You make a deal and pick up the best weapon in the game for your WD for next to nothing.

Scenario 3.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone freaks the fuck out and tells him he's on a winner. He then banks it for that rainy sunday afternoon for that WD he's had a hankering to level, but never really got around to it. You don't get an SMK that day.

Scenario 4.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone freaks the fuck out and tells him he's on a winner. He looks at you with a yellow knife and says "Here you go, I don't want $250, several billion gold, a Wand of Woh and I'll never get around to playing a Witch Doctor -- it's all yours". On that day, you go home with an SMK.

Scenario 5.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone freaks the fuck out and tells him he's on a winner. He then promptly shards it, just to spite you, the weaponless WD that's partied with him. You didn't get an SMK that day.

---

Which of these scenarios is more likely? Scenario 1 would win out in almost all cases. You got an SMK that day because the item was just about worthless to anyone but you.

Crone

Yea it comes down to playstyle, with Axe and Mirrorball you can def range it with Blackhole and drop teleport. With an EB + WoW build I would def keep teleport for higher torment difficulties as you will be melee 98% of the time. Don't get me wrong if you are absolutely in love with Woh and want to keep playing melee wizard, do so even with mirrorball its not bad in the least.

edit. Looking at your profile, if you can craft Aughild Shoulders and Bracers, do so and target a RRoG, you won't replace them. I am a fan of the Illusory Boots for melee Wizard personally, but don't be afraid to use Iceclimbers on T4+ if you get them. If you commit yourself to a MM / Meteor build consider cain's boots and legs with RRoG.

Melee Fire: Woh + Firebirds, Triumvirate is one step below that, then Mirrorball. If you choose this you can try MM + Conflag in melee range, you may find it awkward as the point of conflag is to build up a nice big stack and melee requires more burst.

Ranged Fire: Burning Axe + Mirrorball which you have

Its all about playstyles, I really liked melee wizard so I did it with sub optimal gear
Great idea. I'll start farming mats, or maybe crafting, the Aughilds tonight. I have a RoRG in the bank, but it's rolled pretty terrible. Should be ok though if I reroll it a few times.

I can't remember if the Burning Axe I got was Strength, or Int. I'm pretty sure it was Int, and it rolled a socket naturally, so I'll try that out with MM/Conflag, and meteor.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Trading will not fix this.

Take the night you got your SMK, for example, assuming we're back with a RMAH, a gold AH and face-to-face trading.

Scenario 1.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone freaks the fuck out and tells him he's on a winner. He either RMAH's it for 250 dollars, gold AH's it for several billion gold, or trades it for a Wand of Woh. Unless you can afford the $250, or the several billion gold, or have a Wand of Woh you didn't end up getting an SMK from a guy you did a Rift with.

Scenario 2.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone is dead silent, and when asked is an SMK worth anything, they all lie and say it's worthless. You make a deal and pick up the best weapon in the game for your WD for next to nothing.

Scenario 3.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone freaks the fuck out and tells him he's on a winner. He then banks it for that rainy sunday afternoon for that WD he's had a hankering to level, but never really got around to it. You don't get an SMK that day.

Scenario 4.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone freaks the fuck out and tells him he's on a winner. He looks at you with a yellow knife and says "Here you go, I don't want $250, several billion gold, a Wand of Woh and I'll never get around to playing a Witch Doctor -- it's all yours". On that day, you go home with an SMK.

Scenario 5.

SMK drops for old mate, everyone freaks the fuck out and tells him he's on a winner. He then promptly shards it, just to spite you, the weaponless WD that's partied with him. You didn't get an SMK that day.

---

Which of these scenarios is more likely? Scenario 1 would win out in almost all cases. You got an SMK that day because the item was just about worthless to anyone but you.
No one is assuming AH will make a comeback, so I'm not sure why you bring this up as a possibility (it honestly sounds like you're doing it just to give yourself some argument room because you can't punch holes in real arguments); as well people in this thread have proved that your scenarios aren't apt (thanks Haast for giving me stuff when I came back pre ROS being announced). You left out some scenarios as well...

Scenario 6: Someone in clan gets a drop, gives it away to someone in clan. Big hint on this one: it happens now. I just gave Deathwing a templar relic because I'm not going to use it (Enchantress and Multiplayer 4 lyfe yo). This is the current scenario because he happened to be in game. I don't see any reason it should have the "in game when it dropped only" limiter. "In Clan", sure, whatever. Find a way to make it work.

Scenario 7: Mate in clan gets a drop, stashes it in the bank for a rainy day, later clanmate2 laments at not finding one and Mate gives it because he was never going to use it (or trades it for a soul). Another hint: this happens now. I posted I was looking for brimstones, and the day after I had people asking me how many I wanted in messages. I ended up not needing them as I found a gorget not 15 minutes later.

Having a middle ground involving more open trading between "Massive BoA with a single exception" and "RMAH, Gold AH, and open trade" is what's being asked for. If your only viewpoint is to say "back in the RMAH days you'd have been fucked", feel free to back out of the argument because that's not what is being asked for.

Uhhh i still need a SMK and 2 more pieces of JH from you before you play alts sir.
Let him go and just call me in. I'll toss them your way.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Scenarios assume that the example only works with the best of the best items. Plenty of legendaries will be good for a lot of people and wouldn't necessarily sell for billions of gold or even anything at all on the RMAH.