Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
There's no reason this kind of disparity should exist in the game. I don't know how you curtail it effectively outside of some really clunky solutions. But how does something like this improve the game?
Remove the blood shard cap. Put a 10000 blood shard item on Kadala that allows you to choose which leg/set piece you want and what stats. All stats will be perfect. People will line up to farm that shit until they have every piece they want. It will make running and rerunning rifts have a useful point.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Rofl. With trading. I can't fucking believe that people would rather have no economy instead of a d2 system. Who gives a fuck if bots farm everything, does anyone else here just want to swap gear with buddies?
I would argue that's a clunky solution. At the very least, enabling trading is not a small change.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think enabling trading with drops from this point forward would be a terribly clunky change. I would also remove gambling from Kadala and turn her and the blood shard mechanic as the way to upgrade legendary gems.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I don't think enabling trading with drops from this point forward would be a terribly clunky change. I would also remove gambling from Kadala and turn her and the blood shard mechanic as the way to upgrade legendary gems.
Or continue having items 'bind to account' when they drop but have a recipe/mat requirement to unbind them for trading. You can use Kadala for this also. This way it isn't full open trading, it'll limit trading to some degree.

If you want to go even further, add a limited amount of times an item can be traded. For instance, items can only be traded once and never again (put a time limit so you can trade back to original owner within 2 hours, just incase).

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Got some amazing Akkhan gloves this morning. So guess the wait and anger paid off pretty big.

9.5 crit chance
44 crit damage

Now I just need to reroll the armor on it to cooldown reduction. Just need shoulders to finish up my set and a helm with vitality on it instead of regen.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Sounds like you shouldn't be in charge of business decisions then, good to know.
Because making people play grinding games with 0 payoff is such a great model? That's why the game goes mostly into the dustbin after the shiny of expansions and big patches wears off. At least with a guaranteed payoff after grinding an unholy amount of shards people could leave feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment instead of feeling fucked over. This isn't WOW, where they make more money the longer people keep playing.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This isn't WOW, where they make more money the longer people keep playing.
That's why the game goes mostly into the dustbin after the shiny of expansions and big patches wears off.
Sounds like a great business model to me.

They should get rid of Kadala as a loot distribution mechanism entirely. Spamming a vendor icon and running across town 2-5 times to spam salvage as a routine part of gameplay is absolutely ridiculous. It's like a sick minigame parody of the entire top-down isometric action RPG genre.

It's not perfect, but it be a step up to have her sell consumables for bloodshards that do things like temporarily up drop rates for your character/group.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Because making people play grinding games with 0 payoff is such a great model? That's why the game goes mostly into the dustbin after the shiny of expansions and big patches wears off. At least with a guaranteed payoff after grinding an unholy amount of shards people could leave feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment instead of feeling fucked over. This isn't WOW, where they make more money the longer people keep playing.
The entire game is carrot and stick. That's how they keep people playing. Your idea effectively says "if you chase the carrot long enough without catching it, here have the carrot anyways."
Try again. Adding more ways to arrive at catching the carrot, or different methods of catching the carrot are great, but giving us the carrot because we invested x amount of time is lazy and will lead to a temporary surge of people playing and then it plateaus off sharply because once you have eaten the carrot and are full, offering more carrots isn't an incentive.

Behemoth_sl

shitlord
Maybe instead of only having a temp window to trade with party members present for a drop, expand this to include anyone you have actively grouped with for at least X hours in the previous week. Even if also limited to clan members only.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
New Sader set inc according to diablofans datamined info. Also a lot of stuff changed on the PTR also, like dat 2h buff doe

Upcoming Change: 2-Handed Weapons - Forums - Diablo III

rrr_img_71507.jpg

rrr_img_71508.jpg

rrr_img_71509.jpg

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cool to see some of these changes FINALLY coming in, but does that DPS increase for 2-h weapons even matter if they don't add a second socket as well?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like that dps boost on 2H is still going to be worse than having an extra emerald slot. That's just such a huge chunk of damage.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
20% will close the gap enough such that proc effects and play style will make a bigger difference. 2 weapons having 2x proc effects will matter more than 2 emeralds.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Explosive Blast : Cooldwon reduces to 3 seconds (down from 6 seconds).
Time Bomb has been removed and replaced with Flash : Reduce the cooldown of Explosive Blast to 3 seconds. / Explosive Blast's damage turns into Lightning.

Uhhh?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Guess that will let you do an explosive blast build as a normal spender, only limited by your resources instead of a cooldown? Interesting.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Stoked about the 2 hander changes. Now they just need to give them more primary affixes (6 maybe?) or the capacity for 2 sockets.