Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I didn't try 2.1 on PTR so doing my first greater rift was kinda wild and exciting. Pretty fun though and I got a nice set piece plus some legendary gems out of the deal.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Legendary gems are very high drop rate and won't duplicate(unless equipped on another character). I would suggest tanking your first couple trials so you can run a bunch of easy grifts and get all of the gems before finishing a grift at the intended difficulty.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Legendary gems are very high drop rate and won't duplicate(unless equipped on another character). I would suggest tanking your first couple trials so you can run a bunch of easy grifts and get all of the gems before finishing a grift at the intended difficulty.
The fact you have to do that should once again show blizzard is retarded.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The fact you have to do that should once again show blizzard is retarded.
You don't have to do that. It's so that you don't waste your first few finishing grifts upgrading gems you'd rather not. In the larger scheme of things, with how many times you might upgrade even one gem, this is probably inconsequential.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Still waiting on my appeal. Doubtful it will do anything, but was worth a small 15 minutes to type up one that I thought was good.

If not, Destiny and Marvel Heroes will hold my interest. I may try PoE since Hatorade said he'd give me some mouthwatering head if I played.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Going from D3 to MH/POE is so hard because the combat engine for D3 is so incredibly fluid and perfect. POE and MH are .... not ... to say the least.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Going from D3 to MH/POE is so hard because the combat engine for D3 is so incredibly fluid and perfect. POE and MH are .... not ... to say the least.
Also in PoE you are locked into the same 2-3 active skills per character, I get bored around halfway through Cruel.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also in PoE you are locked into the same 2-3 active skills per character, I get bored around halfway through Cruel.
Horrible information, you arent locked to anything in PoE man you have the games reversed =p. You can literally design any class with any skill and customize the skill to do whatever you want.

Both games are really fun IMO but are very very different.

D3 is much easier for me to throw my RL friends into to play and most classes have 1-2 builds to do end game content. Its fun because its so easy to play and you can be casual since there is no hourly, weekly, or month races only the league.

PoE takes understanding of a games meta and yes it has desync every once in a while. You cant walk into a game like PoE coming from D3 which has you on training wheels. PoE has customized zones, custom housing, custom classes, custom skills, and for me an actual end game with a boss maybe less than 1% can kill with a loot table. I am selfish and vain so enjoy having that shiny loot no one else has. Another major thing most of my friends struggle with is that you have to learn a new game like an MMO and its frustrating for people who dont theorycraft. Most builds dont even open up until level 70 which takes people who have played before a day to reach.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
My monk is like a completely new character compared to before the patch. Using lightning sweeping wind build and I just annihilate T2, practically as fast as I can click things, whereas before T2 was not really efficient for him. Feels good to play my favorite class again without it just being worse than all my other characters :p
In the same boat with the T2 situation on my Monk. Not sure if I should swap my Odyn's out for a well rolled EP Fist or not though, or what passives are best to use but it is a lot more fun for now at least.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure EP has much use outside of grifts. You should be doing regular rifts where things are facerolled. Setting up palms, even if it's retard-proof lightning palms, is likely time wasted since thing are dieing even as you're applying the palm.

At this point, I'm probably going to have different specs and gear for rifts and grifts. You should definitely keep the Odyn Son for regular rifts. The damage spread helps kill trash packs. TF in the other slot if you have it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Going to stick with PoE for sure but wanted to try the new rift, was nice seeing 3 epics and 2 gems drop from level 16 greater rift, I gemmed the wreath of lighting and was like having a weak conduit up all the time with whirlwind going.Diablo III PTR 2.1.99.25658 - wreath of lightning - legendary gem effect - YouTube
hah, that looks like fun. The gem I got last night that looks like it would be interesting is the +15% damage (rank 0) to enemies affected by movement impairing affects. Because of my WD's build that's a flat % upgrade to most of my damage.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Horrible information, you arent locked to anything in PoE man you have the games reversed =p. You can literally design any class with any skill and customize the skill to do whatever you want.
I'm nit picking, and I don't know how true this is relative to PoE, but it's a statement about games in general. Lots of game designers tend to be like "Look there are so many options you can choose!"

Just because there are options to choose, doesn't mean there is really a choice. People want to be effective, and most of the time the choices aren't effective. There is 1 good way to do something, and that is pretty much it. D3 has actually done pretty well with this, in that most builds can work really well and what is best is going to depend entirely on how you gear.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm nit picking, and I don't know how true this is relative to PoE, but it's a statement about games in general. Lots of game designers tend to be like "Look there are so many options you can choose!"

Just because there are options to choose, doesn't mean there is really a choice. People want to be effective, and most of the time the choices aren't effective. There is 1 good way to do something, and that is pretty much it. D3 has actually done pretty well with this, in that most builds can work really well and what is best is going to depend entirely on how you gear.
I mean all anyone has to do is goto pathofexile.com/forum and look at any of their class forums..... Not much to nit pick when you compare really. Barb had what Fire barb for T6? Marauder has 39 builds that have killed the end game boss which is an actual challenge and something D3 doesnt even have. Its a lack of understanding of PoEs mechanics, theorycrafting, and how the ever shifting meta works from so many skills and tree changes.

This is coming from a D3 addict who loves both games the same. Im not talking out of my ass or for lack of experience in both just trying to keep it real about them both.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But does PoE still have the stingiest loot system ever designed by mankind? Layers upon layers of 0.01% RNG is pure faggotry.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
PoE was redone with an entire new patch that added housing that lets you bank + vendor + map in, crafting (customing gear, adding affixes not natural to them). They pretty much copied D3 with how it works but its not RNG, you pick the stats. You do have to level the crafting questgivers which are found randomly in the world and also in maps to get to the amazing stuff. It would equate to adding 10% block in D3 to like gauntlets or something that doesnt belong on that item slot. Thats a made up example btw, but just to give you an idea =p

One thing that makes me want to kill something is XP penalty, at higher levels you can lose hours of XP from making dumb mistakes. Especially with the difficulty of the bosses and the amount of movement with some.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still waiting on my appeal. Doubtful it will do anything, but was worth a small 15 minutes to type up one that I thought was good.

If not, Destiny and Marvel Heroes will hold my interest. I may try PoE since Hatorade said he'd give me some mouthwatering head if I played.
Cum with us bae, I've never tried Marvel Heroes and might in a couple of weeks since I play everything anyway.