Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Nearing 70 on my Seasonal Monk. Having never used a Monk before this, anyone hand an idea on the ideal slot to start rolling shards on?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
how about for me? since i am sub Torment i dont think i can get akkhans from kadala is it even worth me gambling at this point? i have been dumping mine on shield at this point looking for one of the crusader-build specific items.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Anyone know of a good site for crusader mechanics? Still trying to piece together what procs firestarter and what doesn't. For example, wreath of lightning does, for some stupid reason. I thought procs couldn't proc. Nearing on completing my Akkhan set and trying to decide firelight or holy shotgun.

After playing my monk and crusader for a while, crusader is hilariously better. Now that rifts correctly weight elites for clear speed, it's just an endless cycle of steed -> blow up elites. Open a chest here and there. Only time I fight trash is if I don't find the next elite pack before steed wears off. Also, steed + swiftmount makes bounties really fast.
Shotgun will get your deeper into grifts because you'll have prophet and indestructible. Fire starter is fun and not as much as a pain to play to get the most damage out of it as shotgun.

I believe phalanx build is the only build really viable in grofts 35+ atm for saders.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My build is now working out a ton better with IK4 and a Thunderfury. It is actually pretty fun now. IK4 w/ Fury ancients gives unlimited mana to let me RLTW the entire time.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I find that ww and rltw dps is abysmal passed T1.
Fire leapquake till T3 is ok. T4 and up its too risky, youre just a glass canon. T4 and 5 i think that Ik4 boulder toss with 300 spears is the best build since am basically not in melee. Then again it usually takes too long for elites to die to make it worth it. T6, i just never do on barb.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'll eventually go Raekor's since I find leapquake the most mind numbing boring play in the world but I think for T1 rltw ww has insanely fast clear times

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Shotgun will get your deeper into grifts because you'll have prophet and indestructible. Fire starter is fun and not as much as a pain to play to get the most damage out of it as shotgun.

I believe phalanx build is the only build really viable in grofts 35+ atm for saders.
Yeah, I'm still up in the air if running grifts for loot is worth it or not. I'm honestly happy if a build is T6 viable and can do at least GR30+. I think that's good criteria for "end game". Obviously, one has to be best and that's either Phalanx or Condemn.

Did we ever decide Heaven's Tempest vs Divine Well for firestarter? I have no idea how many dots the cloud would proc compared to the sparks(which I can roughly estimate). Seems to me that Divine Well would produce enough dots to overcome it not being fire, if you assume the cloud applies a dot every second. Throw on the massive amounts of healing you'd get from Holy Cause, just seems like a no brainer. I must be missing something.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'm still up in the air if running grifts for loot is worth it or not. I'm honestly happy if a build is T6 viable and can do at least GR30+. I think that's good criteria for "end game". Obviously, one has to be best and that's either Phalanx or Condemn.

Did we ever decide Heaven's Tempest vs Divine Well for firestarter? I have no idea how many dots the cloud would proc compared to the sparks(which I can roughly estimate). Seems to me that Divine Well would produce enough dots to overcome it not being fire, if you assume the cloud applies a dot every second. Throw on the massive amounts of healing you'd get from Holy Cause, just seems like a no brainer. I must be missing something.
Go with heavens tempest if you have a Darklight flail with Firestarter. The dot from firestarter stacks which is around 1500% weapon damage over 3 seconds. If I find the link explaining I will post it for you.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Go with heavens tempest if you have a Darklight flail with Firestarter. The dot from firestarter stacks which is around 1500% weapon damage over 3 seconds. If I find the link explaining I will post it for you.
460% over 3s, not ~1500%. But that doesn't explain why Heaven's Tempest is better. If those sparks(and their zaps from Divine Well) produce Firestarter, Divine Well will benefit more from Darklight, not Heaven's Tempest. Unless you're hugging your target(bad idea), then they're about even.

Supposedly, Darklight is bugged and the extra fists don't proc firestarter. Kinda sad because I do have a Darklight and Fervor makes it easier to break into the 55% CDR required for AC.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Neither my sader nor barb are particularly competitive right now, but for all the barb bitching on here it seems like they're equal (or better) to saders on g rift clearing.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got my 2nd Unity yesterday and promptly went from GR23 with 17 seconds to spare all the way to GR27 on my Barb. So there you go Barbarians, ez pz.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Barbarians do feel a bit meh, and I'm having a real bitch of a time surviving on anything higher than t4. I've got IK to use, or leapquake, or raekors minus vile ward, and none of it seems to have the complete package of decent dps while not getting constantly exploded by stuff.

T4 though I am a walking god and can mostly AFK to popcorn time while my ancients solo the entire map for me.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just got 7/7 Firebirds, the offhand being the last to drop at 183 paragon. WTB 2nd unity and a weapon now.