Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How many skills does a game need? PoE, which is apparently the be all end all of amazingness and choice and build diversity, is a game where you use... 1 whole skill, maybe 2 if you're playing one of the few builds that uses 1 skill for single target and 1 for aoe clear. Throw on a movement skill and woo, we have 2 whole skills to use, 1 for travel and 1 for attacking. Then you can maybe throw in a war cry for some builds and have 3.

I do agree that it's most likely 6 because consoles but I also think that is plenty.

The skill tree looked like it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more to it from the little glimpses of it I saw but I also don't think it matters too much because at the end of the day, no matter how big of a tree you make, people will find the best places to put points, post it online, and then that's all anyone will do with their points anyways.

Give one example of an ARPG where this is the case. It's not PoE, D3, D2, Last Epoch, Grim Dawn, I don't think any of the Torchlights but its been a while since I played one so maybe? Or are you just trying to further prove my point that you're another troll in here who doesn't even play the genre but just wants to say the game is going to suck?
The reason I stopped playing POE was because of this, actually. As much as I loved coming up with weird Spectral Throw builds every season, clicking 2 buttons did not a game make.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ok man, show me the innovation. What is the new system or way to play the game that D4 just introduced that blew your fucking mind. I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong.

You show me the innovation, you're the one claiming PoE somehow innovates every single league. I've played the game on and off for the past 10+ years and I sure as shit don't see all this magical innovation or "new and different" that it supposedly has.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You show me the innovation, you're the one claiming PoE somehow innovates every single league. I've played the game on and off for the past 10+ years and I sure as shit don't see all this magical innovation or "new and different" that it supposedly has.
What The Wtf GIF by Justin

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The reason I stopped playing POE was because of this, actually. As much as I loved coming up with weird Spectral Throw builds every season, clicking 2 buttons did not a game make.
Flasks? A multitude of vaal skills? Guard skills? Blink skills?

The monotonous clicking is there if you want. The reactive clicking is there as well.

Most people prefer to automate because they need to pay attention when it matters most(boss fights). But if you really want to manage flasks and ancestral totems and vaal smite while the boss blasts your ass, go for it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not true, defensive flasking is quite common. ProGamer Mist isn't going to press his granite flask and vaal molten shell to eat that Sirus meteor?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard has never been in the business of innovation. They have always been in the business of making things look, sound, and feel good to play.

They have once again made the ARPG with the best combat, visuals, sound, music, etc in the business.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Gonna agree on the point that the skill system is a little weak, only weakpoint that I found during the beta. Obviously you can fill it out a bit more by level 100, but with only 6 skill slots (clearly chosen to make it easier to play with a controller) it's much too limiting. They should give the Ultimate skill it's own dedicated button, so you can at least free up another hotbar slot.
FF14 has you play with typically 24 abilties per class in addition to none class stuff like jump etc. You use most of them too, especially as Healer or Tank.

They just use shoulder buttons to choose which set of 8 you are looking at... so there's no excuse.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ya but the skill tree doesn't have 400 nodes that leave you unable to progress past white maps if you don't cookie cutter the shit out of it. Total fail, no choices!

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
FF14 has you play with typically 24 abilties per class in addition to none class stuff like jump etc. You use most of them too, especially as Healer or Tank.

They just use shoulder buttons to choose which set of 8 you are looking at... so there's no excuse.
Yeah but that game has a GCD of like 40 seconds.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

Is FF14 an ARPG these days? Its been quite a while since I played it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah but that game has a GCD of like 40 seconds.
It's 1.5 seconds and I'm not understanding why that's relevent? It takes less time than that to hold a shoulder button, don't tell me you PC fucks don't hold down shift.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's whatever Chris needs it to be. Do you know how long he's been waiting to ruin YET ANOTHER THREAD with that fucking game?

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It's whatever Chris needs it to be. Do you know how long he's been waiting to ruin YET ANOTHER THREAD with that fucking game?
I don't mind it. While I would feel like a dick going into the FF14 thread to shit on the game I have no problem doing it here.

FF14 sucks massive cock and is the least enjoyable of all the major MMO's. Best in class as a weeb dress up simulator and that's about it.

• 2Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's 1.5 seconds and I'm not understanding why that's relevent? It takes less time than that to hold a shoulder button, don't tell me you PC fucks don't hold down shift.
It's 2.5 seconds according to google. In D4 it doesn't exist.

But yeah they could easily make an ultimate skill bound to R3 or something.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here we go with the fucking controllers.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I played D4 with a controller in a group for a couple hours, it was pretty fun.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes but it wouldn't be a Chris Chris reply without mentioning ff14 and controllers.

Also would you play an MMO with a controller?