Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Played this afternoon with a few friends and really enjoyed that pacing and aspect. Got to 25 will mess around with world bosses and such tomorrow to check out how the build is with a ton of legendaries.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The game isn't awful, but it's super fucking milquetoast for being 70 goddamn dollars plus who knows what else in passes etc.

They haven't indicated yet that it'll be more playable from a season standpoint than D3 season 28.

Its the biggest unanswered question-- and Blizzard's biggest fear.

"Just pay the 70 bucks, grab a battlepass and find out if we managed to outdo D3 season 28"

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The game isn't awful, but it's super fucking milquetoast for being 70 goddamn dollars plus who knows what else in passes etc.
Look, I appreciate that its no small amount of money but the fact that people are super resistant to any price increase at all is how we got horse armor, microtransactions, battle/season passes, etc. Games were 50 bucks 50 years ago when they cost 1/20th the price to make or something <hasenffefer something something numbers throws papers up in the air> it's not a precise argument but you know what I mean.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, inflation is real these days.

BTW, I don't know if anyone saw the post on reddit a few days ago from an end-game beta tester, but he posted all the details about what you can do in the end game. It got deleted of course, but tldr is there's basically bounties, basically terror zones, world bosses, basically maps (dungeons), and one other thing I can't remember (maybe pvp zone) that gives some crafting mats or something. I should have screenshotted it all but didn't think to.

It seems like there should be a good amount of stuff to do. The different activities of course reward materials that you need, so you have to do all the things if you want to maximize your character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, but I can play Last Epoch for half that price. What the fuck does this game do that warrants the price tag?

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, but I can play Last Epoch for half that price. What the fuck does this game do that warrants the price tag?

Yeah lets not pretend dogshit must be purchased at a fucking premium. Price increase + seasonal battlepasses = Eat fucking shit.

How much does PoE cost to buy again? Oh yeah fucking zero dollars and zero cents.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let's not forget this is the company that released COD as a 60$ game with a battlepass, in game shop and fucking loot boxes. Don't fucking excuse them.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Scaling is a deal breaker to me. Guildies and i were talking about it tonight, it's so lazy and dumb, that shit sucked in WOW, it sucks in every game it basically was even implemented.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yeah lets not pretend dogshit must be purchased at a fucking premium. Price increase + seasonal battlepasses = Eat fucking shit.

How much does PoE cost to buy again? Oh yeah fucking zero dollars and zero cents.

Over $100 bucks if you are really going to play it (hello tabs)

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Scaling is a deal breaker to me. Guildies and i were talking about it tonight, it's so lazy and dumb, that shit sucked in WOW, it sucks in every game it basically was even implemented.

Especially when it scales for the entire leveling process.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
What in the actual fuck are some of you people talking about?

You get what you pay for. D4 has very objective production values that the other games mentioned aren't in the universe of. D4 clearly COSTS orders of magnitude more money to make than the games mentioned.

Also, I'm not rich by any stretch but 70 dollars stopped being a lot of money to me a long fucking time ago. If I can get 15 hours of enjoyment out of 70 bucks I'm good with my purchase.

• 4Like
  • 4Moron
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 10 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What in the actual fuck are some of you people talking about?

You get what you pay for. D4 has very objective production values that the other games mentioned aren't in the universe of. D4 clearly COSTS orders of magnitude more money to make than the games mentioned.

Also, I'm not rich by any stretch but 70 dollars stopped being a lot of money to me a long fucking time ago. If I can get 15 hours of enjoyment out of 70 bucks I'm good with my purchase.

What a complete dumb as fuck take.

7fvbja.jpg

• 4Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Let's not forget this is the company that released COD as a 60$ game with a battlepass, in game shop and fucking loot boxes. Don't fucking excuse them.
That's probably why I'm reluctant to ever spend that much on a game again. Had a ton of fun and hours in the last CoD with Warzone. Figured I'd buy the new one and...it fucking sucked. I think we played it for two nights before everyone decided we hated it. $70 plus a $10 season pass down the toilet where I got about 5 hours out of it and didn't really enjoy them.

AAA games fucking blow, and if they're going to keep jacking up the prices on them, there's even less reason to play.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Reminder:

I bought MarioKart64 in 1996 with my birthday money/allowance saved up and it was $64.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
over 100 bucks....... a quarter

Map, Currency, 1 Quad, Div, Frag, Essence. You would need more regular tabs if you didnt want to buy the other kinds, so say buy the premium stash bundle which is 6 then you can atleast sell stuff and hold uniques that are interesting..

I consider that the bare minimum. Thats 740 coins which is $74 bucks.

Buy the others which can be useful (uniques, gems, etc), its 1050 coins or $105

I know its snarky but Blizz priced this game tied to its competition. Last Epoch has a long way to go.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hey you guys remember when Disney dumped a quarter billion dollars on this movie.. Clearly that means it was the best movie ever made.. Tickets should probably of costed 3x more as well. I mean derp herp derp niggity derp herp tarded as fuck.

MV5BMDEwZmIzNjYtNjUwNS00MzgzLWJiOGYtZWMxZGQ5NDcxZjUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_.jpg

• 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users