Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I mean from just a story perspective it's more interesting for the weak human underdogs to overcome all odds to attempt to keep a great evil at bay and ultimately lose anyways Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 than it is for a race of ultra powerful faggot tards who are the mega Jesus made up race stronger than angels and demons just shitting on all Diablo 3 and Diablo 4

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
I mean from just a story perspective it's more interesting for the weak human underdogs to overcome all odds to attempt to keep a great evil at bay and ultimately lose anyways Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 than it is for a race of ultra powerful faggot tards who are the mega Jesus made up race stronger than angels and demons just shitting on all Diablo 3 and Diablo 4

From the story perspective, EVERY human is nephalem. Lillith and Inarius created everything in the world. Most of the nephalem have just lost their powers over time. After Lillith went nuts after seeing a vision of her children die, Inarius banished her and attuned the worldstone so that nephalem would lose their powers over generations. But some very rare individuals remain purestrain nephalem.

If they stick with Lillith's lore, she would reverse that and make her children as powerful as they were originally were, and use them for her original plans to end the eternal conflict.

Most of the lore is in the game through the lorebooks, but they also made an anime and a comic which is pretty much where this whole storyline is going.

Since there's a shot of Inarius in chains in the D4 trailer, there's a good chance the campaign will concern travelling to hell to keep Lillith from freeing her boyfriend or helping or something. Probably gonna need to kill both of them.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Game is lookin real purdy

Looks great. That’s what I wanted D3 to look like.

Regarding ps4, I imagine it will release for it, that’s a huge player base. Unless this releases three years after the ps5 release and the ps4 has died off completely.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hope they abandon this whole nephilim trash. Humans the character players are just regular old humans.
They can't though. The Humans in the Diablo universe are the offspring of Angels and Demons. Inarius and many other angels/demons want to kill them all, but Lilith killed most of those... then got banished by Inarius (who then made the Nephalem become weak Humans).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They can't though. The Humans in the Diablo universe are the offspring of Angels and Demons. Inarius and many other angels/demons want to kill them all, but Lilith killed most of those... then got banished by Inarius (who then made the Nephalem become weak Humans).

It's almost like starwars in a way the universe was much cooler when the force was just a thing. Then it became shit in your blood stream and next thing you know everything is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes. Diablo started off there were humans on earth, angels in heaven, and demons in hell, now it's all some faggot shit tranny Diablo, butterflys killing decade Cain. You know from a story telling perspective sometimes less is more. Diablo lore just like Warcraft lore is god awful and Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's almost like starwars in a way the universe was much cooler when the force was just a thing. Then it became shit in your blood stream and next thing you know everything is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes. Diablo started off there were humans on earth, angels in heaven, and demons in hell, now it's all some faggot shit tranny Diablo, butterflys killing decade Cain. You know from a story telling perspective sometimes less is more. Diablo lore just like Warcraft lore is god awful and Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves.
I don't disagree with you completely, but I do like the idea of Lilith being her own faction. Could make for some interesting stories if Blizz is up to the task.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
TIL I haven't paid that much attention to the Diablo story after seeing what everyone else knows about it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You won't need to know it, you'll recognize when its horrible automatically.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The sweet spot for ARPG stories is somewhere between Diablo, where the plot is bad enough to be distracting, and PoE, where I've played for hundreds of hours and still have no idea WTF is going on in the world.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The sweet spot for ARPG stories is somewhere between Diablo, where the plot is bad enough to be distracting, and PoE, where I've played for hundreds of hours and still have no idea WTF is going on in the world.

Yeah I get Diablo more than PoE. Run 5 acts, run the same 5 again. Ok.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
POE lore is a cluster fuck like their mammoth skill tree.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Look at it this way. We will have Pantheon to hold us over before D4 comes out!

I usually play melee classes in RPGS, but I LOVED the elemental druid in D2 (hurricane/twisters). Def going to be my class (unless one of the 2 unannounced ones is a Paladin, then ill fuck with that).

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only good thing about the lore/narrative are the Cutscenes that come with it. this is the best one the Diablo franchise has ever produced

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imagine caring about the lore and narrative in an ARPG.

Lore has a place more than people talking about skill. I just want to kill millions of demons and press my buttons really hard while making dumb decisions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
In PoE there a cycle of an empire rising, discovering Thamaturgy (gems) and then that power destroying them and cursing the land.

The Aztec themed Vaal Empire, then the Roman themed Eternal Empire at Sarn, then the Reinessance themed Oriath which you see the fall of.

So Act 1-5 is seeing glimpses of these empires, their battles their history and what's left behind as you try to find a way home and clean up the various messes those empires left behind.

It's revealed that Thamaturgy is fragments of the power of The Beast which consumed and sealed away the gods before any of these empires rose.

So Act 6-10 is hunting down and killing the gods since you released then inadvertently in Act 4.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The only good thing about the lore/narrative are the Cutscenes that come with it. this is the best one the Diablo franchise has ever produced

You are patently wrong. The graphics may be dated but this is the best cutscene that they ever produced for Diablo.

So after watching both and taking in the tone, theme, and setting; ask yourself which one came from a gothic horror themed game and which one came from an MMORPG?

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If they get everything else right and I buy the game I truly expect the first quest to be the player going into Hell and bringing Deckard Cain out into the world of the living again.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Incorrect.

"Stop. The beast contained here in shall not be set free. Not even by you."

Is the coolest line in all of Diablo.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users