Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Memory leak seems to be fixed. Performance is a ton better on PC now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Character models are so ugly. Was toying with a female Barb and my girlfriend walks past and says, "it's ma'am!"

And can I get the version of the game where most of the face options don't have strong African features.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried it. Yep it's more Diablo.

Will waste the time on it at release.
once.

• 1Pathetic

Daidraco

Memory leak seems to be fixed. Performance is a ton better on PC now.
I will say that - they have definitely put some work into cleaning up the code etc. Still running into invisible walls - but loading is quick and crisp on everything. Transferring over to join a group is almost instant, as it should be.

None. Friday night. New game. No one is playing.
My entire friends list is playing this game, much less the streamers. The few people I know and see not playing it, are playing Zelda (Just launched today) because well.. we're just doing the same shit we were doing a month ago with even less levels and optimization paths. Not exactly enticing and a cosmetic only Horse Trophy is kind of "meh" - but its something I guess.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Character models are so ugly. Was toying with a female Barb and my girlfriend walks past and says, "it's ma'am!"

And can I get the version of the game where most of the face options don't have strong African features.

Yeah was going to say, tried making a sorc and half the hair styles were african inspired, like wtf? Can I just have blonde with long hair?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Its only a 90 dollar game. Manage expectations.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Araxen

While this is true, it took 6h+ hours to get a memory leak during last test. The coast isn't clear yet.

Nah, last test for me was a ton of shit performance. It was like Windows was hitting the swap file for me from the D2 days when my PC didn't have enough RAM. I have 32GB of RAM which should be impossible to hi the swap file. It was VRAM stutter though. They've cleaned that up.

Today, I barely got any of that kind of lag. It was a huge improvement for me. The game was unplayable for me before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah, last test for me was a ton of shit performance. It was like Windows was hitting the swap file for me from the D2 days when my PC didn't have enough RAM. I have 32GB of RAM which should be impossible to hi the swap file. It was VRAM stutter though. They've cleaned that up.

Today, I barely got any of that kind of lag. It was a huge improvement for me. The game was unplayable for me before.

Significant optimization happened. They made big changes to performance to be sure. I'm not willing to say a memory leak doesn't exist at all though, yet.

I've run it for 5h so far. Another few hours without any RAM issue and I'd assume its completely resolved.

• 1Picard

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Significant optimization happened. They made big changes to performance to be sure. I'm not willing to say a memory leak doesn't exist at all though, yet.

I've run it for 5h so far. Another few hours without any RAM issue and I'd assume its completely resolved.
Do you even know what a memory leak is?

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Do you even know what a memory leak is?

Diff types. Firefox plug-ins still deal with them occasionally and it takes hours to trigger. I run a lot of background stuff and keep it closed due to the potential.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1683955917226.png

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya poison still kinda garbage tho. Maybe late game if stuff gets a lot tankier it'll be better.

Needless

Toe Sucker
act 1 was pretty meh and their skill tree is pretty ass its just D3 with a different UI lol

not gonna fully judge it based off the first 20 levels by any means but yeah

Last edited:

Aazrael

The performance is way better for me. Sitting at 150fps with max settings on. In open beta I had to set it to medium due to stuttering.

Trying a bow Rogue this time for the world boss kill cosmetic.

Did they increase the difficulty? Struggling on some bosses but just be that I play Rogue instead of Sorc/necro.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
In the middle of moving, so I was only able to log in and make my necro. Might be able to play more tomorrow. Game is still too much for my mini pc, but it was noticably better. I was able to run first dungeon without it becoming stop motion. Once my real PC is set up at the new place I will give it a more thorough go.

• 1Like