Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Got my barb to 20. Big step change once you get Death Blow. Feels fairly tanky with DR on Frenzy and health regen on Iron Skin. I really like the mechanics of juggling enemy health for death blow, angles to terrain for smashing shit into walls, and balancing my health loss to increase regen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
K Ashava is basically impossible without getting lucky on the other players there. Guess you basically have no choice but to premade it.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Just did it on world tier 1. Group was definitely more competent this go around.

I found just sticking close to/behind the boss is the easiest strat.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Definitely do it on world tier 1. had 5 other 20s and a 19 and we did it pretty easily.

On a sorc i didnt even die, just stood completely out of his range and cast firewall/hydra/fireball

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My brother in christ did you actually play D3 lmao
It isnt the FOH forums without some retard parachuting in to say how the game looks like shit and that we shouldnt play it.

Duh, I should have done that
Its not a dead give away on that difficulty either because your team is the real curse on that fight. But theres no sense in adding difficulty when the only difference is gold and experience. Ive lost twice now and each time, I had at least 2-3 people repeatedly dying over and over and over. Guy walked into swipe, rezzed in the bottom right and as he was running up - got hit by the second swipe. Then, ran up again - and Ashava turned around and bit him. Like Holy fuck bro, take a second to examine the fight at least.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Went to world boss several minutes before spawn. Waited, spawn time came, nothing happened.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've killed him twice today, seems easier than last week but probably just luckier group comps / players. Nice that you can get loot from him each time, just only get the cache once (which didn't get me a lego to meh). Boss dropped 2 legos each kill at though.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
This fight is fucking dumb. I can stay alive just fine but my group has failed the DPS check three times.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Finally killed this piece of shit. The FOMO was feeling real with the 2 previous attempts at it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Went to world boss several minutes before spawn. Waited, spawn time came, nothing happened.

Same thing happened. Was wondering how to switch instances? What's the method to get out of your current instance? That's the only solution I felt.

Going by streams, it seems you need to get an invite from someone whos got an Akava up.

But besides organizing invites on social media, there doesn't seem to be a quick in-game way to get a group and get rolling. Am I wrong?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Same thing happened. Was wondering how to switch instances? What's the method to get out of your current instance? That's the only solution I felt.

Going by streams, it seems you need to get an invite from someone whos got an Akava up.

But besides organizing invites on social media, there doesn't seem to be a quick in-game way to get a group and get rolling. Am I wrong?
Don't think so. They need to adopt Lost Arks chat system.

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

Yeah that’s wrong.

I went and mapped out the zone he spawns in. Then when you look at the big map it has a timer. I think he respawns every 3 hours at 9, 12, 3, and 6 am and pm.

I went there at midnight, solo, there were like 10-12 of us there and we zerged him. I died a few times but you respawn right there. I got my only legendary off of him.

So no need to be in a group or get invited by anyone.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't think so. They need to adopt Lost Arks chat system.
I would have rather they just ripped the code straight from the WoW client, as that chat system and its slash commands are fantastic. But I have a feeling they are failing on the PC side because they are prioritizing console shit. Though, Ive heard people complain about the console side - so more likely than not, theyre just doing shit out of necessity and barely any QOL additions right now.

Finally killed this piece of shit. The FOMO was feeling real with the 2 previous attempts at it.
I was in the same boat. I was actively watching the clock vs health on the third one. Really get to see how basic the boss mechanics are after you do him a few times like that, though. Which is fine - as his abilities werent the real difficulty check. The real difficulty check is coming from the fucking camera zooming in and out cause the boss jumps off the screen, and then zooms back in when you get close. So your awarity in the fight is constantly being checked. Everything is easily dodgeable if you can see it - but theres no way to tell if you get separated too much, that hes doing a swipe off screen. You could be walking into your own death and not even know it. Maybe since hes the only fucking NPC there - they could do a cast bar on the bottom?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
This world boss reminded me why I drifted away from MMOs and usually play arpgs now. I want to do my own shit on my own time, not their schedule, and solo or a few friends, not a horde of facerollers.

I didn't bother researching it and it doesn't matter for this beta, but I hope they have solid methods to fight them with just your team without randoms popping in and mucking things up. Obviously the boss has to have some scaling like the entire fucking game, and if your small group gets matched with imbeciles you're just screwed. Or you go full MMO (ugh) and have a guild, schedule raid times to make sure you have all slots on that boss filled with your own players.

As for this fight, took me three attempts at tier 1 to beat it. The boss fled at 10%, 20%, then a win. Funny enough on that one the people I started with, 8ish players, were all 20 but beyond bad, like everyone died multiple times before 80%. I relogged because that was going nowhere, landed in a group that had him at 50% in presumbly the same time, and we won with a few minutes left. Needing several attempts itself is alright, but the 3 hour schedule blows if you have to flip a coin for your team every time.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah chat and things are pretty trash in this game... also every character creator looks like ass. Why aren't you allowed to make a semi normal looking character oh well.

I finally took to time to actually play a bit and got a Sorc up to 20 mostly played with frozen orb and blizzard everything was pretty cake but goddamn do I hate the scaling in this game. It reminds me of WoW when they started going pure dogshit and every time I leveled up my character with more skills felt weaker and shittier.

I guess I was lucky on the world boss because I only attempted it once and we killed it pretty easy with like 7 min to spare so I am not seeing how or why so many are having issue with it. (side note is there any indicator you unlocked all the beta bullshit rewards?) I didn't notice anything to confirm it but whatever if not.

Game in general felt better than it did on the first beta, memory leaks, and what not didn't happen and even on my older PC it played smooth enough. Still this doesn't feel like a fully polish $90 dollar game. I am sure anyone who plays it will get to put in many hours but that isn't a good indicator of being a fun or quality game. Hell you can get moneys worth at an all you can eat Chinese buffet doesn't make it a good deal.

The gear is uninspiring as fuck, smart loot is gayer than aids, not trading in this kind of game is gayer than aids... character scaling is gayer than aids... I'd just like an updated Diablo 2 is modern age graphics and loot with the smoothness of old Blizzard. The responsiveness feels worse than Diablo 3. Battlepass shit is retarded as well but oh well.

The IP has the potential for greatness sadly all the greatness fled this company long ago.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Sounds like a fun experience in 2023.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On my kill there were just like eight Sorcs there and we had a barbecue. Melee kept dying but everyone else was just hucking Hydras and Flame Walls from outside of mechanic range

• 1Like