Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

i played the beta and felt like i got enough, can just wait for the microsoft deal to go through and play it free on gamepass end of year
The youtube people I enjoy had a great time to max level - like I kinda thought - true end game could turn out to be a turd circus, but the path to max looks quite a bit better than D3 and easily worthy of the box. Much better way to spend time vs nintendo fag-simulator Zelda #11.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If endgame sucks I'm sure they'll start to fix it by Christmas, but this game will be 40 bucks by Black Friday.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IDK why they dont adopt POEs seasonal gimmick of league content. I mean, maybe they will? But IMO this is the way to go. For one its a great test bed for different content, because if its shit you just grin and bear it for the season and its gone the next. And if its great content that every body loves you just fold it or parts of it into the actual game. And second it keeps the game fresh from league to league. Its also a graet marketing opportunity like POE and GGG does with its leagues.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
IDK why they dont adopt POEs seasonal gimmick of league content. I mean, maybe they will? But IMO this is the way to go. For one its a great test bed for different content, because if its shit you just grin and bear it for the season and its gone the next. And if its great content that every body loves you just fold it or parts of it into the actual game. And second it keeps the game fresh from league to league. Its also a graet marketing opportunity like POE and GGG does with its leagues.
I imagine they'll start implementing this stuff this go-around with Diablo. It's pretty obvious that MTX are going to be a big part of D4, which is exactly how GGG makes its money - selling MTX every season.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I could imagine this for WOW and its classic servers and seasons too. Like actually bring some fresh content into the game for a season. Like some demon rifts or some shit. Imagine questing out in barrens and a rift forms and opens up, then all the people around there at that time fight off the demon hordes which scale to the amount of people present and close this rift down, granting them some demon gear or some shit. Or a way to add a +2 of some stat to their gear, I mean the possibilities are endless.

Murlock invasion. Where the murlocks invade certain outposts randomly, and you fight them back culminating with a mini boss battle and a participation chest at the end.

Shit like this would do so well in WoW and this games seasons.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watching that barb video at level 100 do a dungeon (?) was not overly thrilling. Same as d3, it just looks like mob density is clearly dull in far too many parts.

Like it or hate it, at least PoE directly gives you the capability of adjusting that. Curious to see what they do with end game in a couple months

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Couple pages back I was told PoE was pure dogshit and not the current standard for RPGs the last decade or so. Of course anyone with a function brain would copy everything they could from PoE dumb it down, polish the shit out of it and be lauded as the best Blizzard game release in the last 20 years.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Like it or hate it, at least PoE directly gives you the capability of adjusting that. Curious to see what they do with end game in a couple months

They give you the ability to adjust it but not the option to. If you don't max out pack size with everything you can then you are just actively gimping yourself for no reason other than to say "but you don't have to max pack size and mob density, see!"

Not everything has to be 700 mobs on screen at a time all exploding in a massive blur of 5000 visual effects to your one button press over and over and over.
Couple pages back I was told PoE was pure dogshit and not the current standard for RPGs the last decade or so. Of course anyone with a function brain would copy everything they could from PoE dumb it down, polish the shit out of it and be lauded as the best Blizzard game release in the last 20 years.

Lol, point out that PoE has had literally no competition and people get hurt feelings (do you even play PoE, anyways?)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So consensus on the pre-orders? Any of them worth it? Also anyone definitely playing day one early launch?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
POE is a great game it just suffers from literally having TOO much fucking content. which they should have purged some of over the years. The only problem POE has it is mindblowingly difficult for any fresh player to get into without reading 1000 pages of wikis or watching 100 hours of youtube. But their content and they wy they drip it out over seasons, for the most part, is top notch and should be def copied by any ARPG game coming to market now or in future. The shit just works.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Eh, not sure the premium for early access is worth anything unless you just want to play early. Season 1 won't even start for 6-8 weeks I think. Other than that, not really unless you love cosmetics? I paid for early access because I had a blast in the beta's and there's nothing to play currently unless you're a gay nintendo nerd.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
POE is a great game it just suffers from literally having TOO much fucking content. which they should have purged some of over the years. The only problem POE has it is mindblowingly difficult for any fresh player to get into without reading 1000 pages of wikis or watching 100 hours of youtube.
Which is a huge problem? This is a video game, not a fucking spreadsheet simulator. Plus the game visually looks like hot dogshit - it makes the new POS Nintendo games look high fidelity.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So consensus on the pre-orders? Any of them worth it? Also anyone definitely playing day one early launch?

Game is the definition of a mediocre ARPG. With that being said, i'll be in Discord day 1 early access with most of you fucks in spite of that because the real value of the game is getting to play with some forum bros for a week and titles that allow for that are seldom these days.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Eh, not sure the premium for early access is worth anything unless you just want to play early. Season 1 won't even start for 6-8 weeks I think. Other than that, not really unless you love cosmetics? I paid for early access because I had a blast in the beta's and there's nothing to play currently unless you're a gay nintendo nerd.

If it was only the early access then I would agree that just buy the base version of the game since the early access is pretty worthless in the grand scheme of things. However since the battlepass will probably cost you $20 the first season anyways you might as well.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If it was only the early access then I would agree that just buy the base version of the game since the early access is pretty worthless in the grand scheme of things. However since the battlepass will probably cost you $20 the first season anyways you might as well.
Yeah true, I'll be in discord Thursday night like a bitch crying about login servers no doubt

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Game is the definition of a mediocre ARPG. With that being said, i'll be in Discord day 1 early access with most of you fucks in spite of that because the real value of the game is getting to play with some forum bros for a week and titles that allow for that are seldom these days.

This is pretty much the core of it all, everything else is fluff.. Game could be complete dogshit.. will still be enjoyable enough to snag a beer and complain about it in first person with the others.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If they dont have a great end game, which lets face it, they wont. It will be rifts 2.0 im betting. This will be a 2 week to a month game at the most. And if they dont have great seasonal content like POE does, they will get only a fraction of the people coming back season to season. The Diablo 3 "seasons" dont work. Its the same shit over and over again with some nerfs and buffs. Just not enough to get people to replay it all over and over again.

• 1Like