Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm enjoying it so far, I haven't stayed online for a game this long in some time.
This. The game isn't some revolutionary, mind-blowing experience like D2 was for the genre. But it's fun as hell and let's be honest, when that Tristram banger hits it brings you right back to them good 'ole days.

• 7Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do like the overworld. They did a good job with that. Way more fluid than POE.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I find this game to be decent but pretty slow. I like that the combat is less cracked out than D3/PoE so far but the story is a bit lethargic and pretty bland. I think this makes me more want a legitimately good isommo that's not Asian nonsense like Lost Ark.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Still haven't finished act 1, but have gotten a bunch of butchers so I'm all legendaried up =O

asdfasdfsd.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Made it to level 48 and completed the capstone dungeon, which was a joke compared to how it was made out to be. My review:

1- The itemization is really good. I was surprised by this but they did an amazing job and there's good build diversility.
2- The encounter design is an absolute joke from a difficulty standpoint. There is no challenge.
3- There are so many small QOL improvements that make you remember that Blizzard is no longer 'top'. No overlay map? wtf?

Altogether I would say that it's above average, which is better than I had originally expected it to be. I'll play it from time to time during seasonal content but a Lost Ark replacement it is not.

World tier 1 and 2 are not meant to be difficult they are for the player to get through the story. Starting at World tier 3 you start getting somewhat harder, but at 70+ the game apparently gets its last tier which is Torment. It has the negative resistances from PoE that you will have to overgear for, higher density, tougher / more damaging monsters, champions that further buff mons and you can add even more difficultly via nightmare sigils.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
None of the classes really level that poorly, unless you're doing some retardo build. Sure, some obviously feel better than others, but if you're struggling you likely chose shit skills.
IMO this game has no feeling of power fantasy. You just slog through fighting packs of mobs, it feels like a chore most times. And yeah Im following a build but still the game just feels cumbersome to play somehow. I dont know how to explain it better. Yeah im leveling, doing quests, getting gear, getting all the proper skills, but I dont feel myself getting any more powerful.

All the other games like this have these power spikes when you find new gear, weapons, where you feel powerful for a time until the shit gets outleveled and rinse repeat. I have not found this in this game, maybe my RNG is fucked and just bad luck? but IDK.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
IMO this game has no feeling of power fantasy. You just slog through fighting packs of mobs, it feels like a chore most times. And yeah Im following a build but still the game just feels cumbersome to play somehow. I dont know how to explain it better. Yeah im leveling, doing quests, getting gear, getting all the proper skills, but I dont feel myself getting any more powerful.

All the other games like this have these power spikes when you find new gear, weapons, where you feel powerful for a time until the shit gets outleveled and rinse repeat. I have not found this in this game, maybe my RNG is fucked and just bad luck? but IDK.
I've definitely noticed power spikes on certain passives or skills. And definitely on aspects/gear that adds +skill stuff.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Gamers when a Blizzard game is announced:

Gamers when a Blizzard game is about 2 months from release:

Gamers during a Blizzard release:

• 11Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 14 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

Level scaling obviates any type of progression.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I find this game to be decent but pretty slow. I like that the combat is less cracked out than D3/PoE so far but the story is a bit lethargic and pretty bland. I think this makes me more want a legitimately good isommo that's not Asian nonsense like Lost Ark.
Game is mediocre to passable. I've lost count of the # of times I've fallen asleep while playing.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Gamers when a Blizzard game is announced:

Gamers when a Blizzard game is about 2 months from release:

Gamers during a Blizzard release:

This is definetly me. Fortunately I have Zelda to play today, IRL stuff this weekend and back to work next week.

If reviews are still good I'll keep an eye out for a discounted version for S1, but the story appears to be an advertisement for a DLC and the monetisation still makes me want to throw up. Hopefully I can avoid it.

• 1Faggotry

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Been trying out every class through the first little dungeon. Fire sorcerer first. Not sure I love waiting for the dot part to kill normal mobs. How ever he burned the boss down well. Might just need a different damage type for this to be great.

Enjoyed being a werewolf even though right now it's basically just spamming claw. Felt strong until I got to the first boss which took me a while to claw to death.

Will try barb next. Then Necro. Then rogue I guess.

• 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been getting hung up on this screen. Repaired and Reinstalled the game, but to no avail. Granted I've only stayed on this screen for about 5 minutes.

Anyone know of a solution? (Hopefully it's not just 'patience')
1685744300677.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
Friend gifted me the deluxe daddy edition. Finished act 3 last night at exaclty level 25. Game seems okay, very few bugs, the memory leak is probably in still, but I didn't notice it until maybe 5 hours in and I only have 32GB. Had one guildmate's game have that bug where you can't do anything at all and had to restart. No Queue problems or anything which is impressive for even Blizzard.

Can't say there's anything yet that's hooking me. It almost feels like a single player Campaign game, but we'll see how endlessly grinding nightmare dungeons feels. I liked the GR system so maybe that will change my feelings. I just haven't found anything exciting for me to drop yet even though I got some legendaries with decent aspects for me. Don't know, think after D2R and PD2 the items here are just stats on a thing rather than a powerful item itself, so far. Loses some of the majesty of the former Diablo games.

• 2Like