Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's always funny when someone misses the point so much they start agreeing with you while drumming up situations that further solidify the original point.
It's always funny when someone buys $500 of stash tabs from some SJW devs while badmouthing people spending $70 on a different set of SJW devs.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Buy a few tokens to sell now, use the gold to buy them back later when they crash back down.

Arbitrage.
That only works if you plan on ever giving Blizzard money again. Otherwise you are still out $40, $80, $120, or whatever you end up spending.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's not actually that weird for gamers on a gaming forum to "discuss" gaming even when they refuse"to buy a game.

I moved your quotes to discuss instead of refuse because I don't think you know what discussing actually means. None of the sped-brigade is discussing anything in this thread. All you morons are doing is spamming 50 posts a day saying "lol p2w lol you supporting tranny loving blizz lol game too expensive lol"

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Games annoyingly addictive

Got necro and barb into wt3 and spending evenings theory crafting. Necro for now as it just looks so great thematically and has best visual skills in game. Slow af though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I moved your quotes to discuss instead of refuse because I don't think you know what discussing actually means. None of the sped-brigade is discussing anything in this thread. All you morons are doing is spamming 50 posts a day saying "lol p2w lol you supporting tranny loving blizz lol game too expensive lol"

Thank you for the daily public service announcement on the dangers of meth.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The gameplay itself, the actual fighting mechanics, are 1:1 D3. Other systems around it are different, but if you didn't like D3 GAMEPLAY, you probably won't like this. It's very much build resource ---> CC---> blast ---> repeat which is how D3 went for the most part.

Hellfire is enjoyable but it's just a hot zone, there's no real new mechanics. It's just a temporary currency with a find and seek treasure chest.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

You bringing this level of defense to the pantheon thread? Star Citizen?

Man...that's odd...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its a fun game so far, still a ways to go. Easily worth the $70. I chuckle at the idiots who think it should be $30-45. Talk about living in denial. A brand new game, from a mega billion corporation/development house and you want them to sell their latest game for 50% off normal. Jokesters the lot of you. Just buy a fast food meal a few less times this month, or any number of stupid expenses we on this forum have. If you are that penny pinched though, brand new AAA games should not be your wheelhouse.

Long term who knows, but I had no plans to play this long term anway, its an APRG. Means 2-3 weeks of fun, then come back for a season if it looks interesting. Already got my money worth out it. Even if that dude, who raced to 100 in like 57 hours straight, quit right after, he got his money's worth. Even at the $100 pack, he would of got just under $2 an hour in entertainment. Damn wudijo took 77 hours to hit 100 as solo,in HC.

I am probably at around 40 hours, but I play casually, randomly doing things, then going to do something else. I expect another 50 or so hours before I start dialing back.

And I don't see myself ever buying a cosmetic. The most I could see myself buying, if they monetize it, is a pet to auto loot for me. Though maybe gold becomes pointless to pick up after a certain point, as you can just sell drops for a lot more. Cause atm I back track and pick up all that gold and its annoying.

Just ignore the obvious bait posts by the same few people. Unless you like getting into looping arguments, then by all means.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
RE: Seasons.

There's so much stuff you have to grind to even begin to build a character in this game, I don't see how people are going to want to consistently regrind new characters every season.
I wonder the same thing. I'm thinking like maybe I'd use a new season as an opportunity to roll a new char, but not reroll every season. I might not even play any seasons.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe they have something other in store for seasons than just a "wipe and start fresh" that every other game does. But who the fuck knows. The renown thing is a pain in the ass to do over and over, not sure If I would do this shit every season sometimes even more if youre HC and die before completing it, lol...But if they keep certain things account wise, like the renown thing, it could work. Leveling a character is not a big deal in this game to the 50s or 70s where the end game is...

I mean the seasons better be something more substantial if they are going to charge for the content. I dont think the D3 system will work for this game if they are going to charge people for it.

Last edited:

Argarth

On the verandah
Don't understand why, but the game seems to run "better" now (1080Ti, 16G Ram, UW3840x1600) with textures on Ultra, even though they recommend 32G Ram.

This was not the case in the first Beta, it chugged. Allocated/Dedicated GPU Ram is ~10G on Ultra vs about 6G on High. (deleted shader caches between tests)
Turned Vsync off to check with RTSS, and the frame-time graph looks smoother running around town trying to force the game to load assets etc. FPS is about the same. Perhaps the game is preloading more assets by default on Ultra, and this is a contributing factor? No idea, but keeping my eye on it.

After that, tried FSR2 on "Balanced" which netted me ~40% gain in FPS and I'm really struggling to tell the difference. No DLSS to compare it with, but the game still looks amazing, none the less. Blizzard has certainly done an incredible job with this engine.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Don't understand why, but the game seems to run "better" now (1080Ti, 16G Ram, UW3840x1600) with textures on Ultra, even though they recommend 32G Ram.

This was not the case in the first Beta, it chugged. Allocated/Dedicated GPU Ram is ~10G on Ultra vs about 6G on High. (deleted shader caches between tests)
Turned Vsync off to check with RTSS, and the frame-time graph looks smoother running around town trying to force the game to load assets etc. FPS is about the same. Perhaps the game is preloading more assets by default on Ultra, and this is a contributing factor? No idea, but keeping my eye on it.

After that, tried FSR2 on "Balanced" which netted me ~40% gain in FPS and I'm really struggling to tell the difference. No DLSS to compare it with, but the game still looks amazing, none the less. Blizzard has certainly done an incredible job with this engine.
I get some hitching when going into a new "zone" if you can call it that. Sometimes, like tonight, maybe with the influx of people, it was actually rubberbanding when entering new zones. But other than that it runs great at me monitor refresh 166fps easy like 98% of the time.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imo all the renown should be account wide. Keep the map unfogged and all the shit on it complete if you did it already. Let an alt go and cherry pick what they want to do. I could say maybe keeping strongholds resetting for each, cause they are decent exp, but some have WP. And on alts you only get the capital city WP I think. Basically atm, it seems, on an alt you choose to skip the campaign on, you still do all of it. You could ignore it, since the top renown portion is just gold/exp.

I expect PLing to be some form of inviting to a dungeon on a higher level , sitting at zone in, they clear it, and reset. Like can a high level zone into a regular dungeon on say WT2, its all level 70+ mobs, and then invite a level 1 to just sit at the entrance?

D3 was a joke for alts, since there was PLing everywhere and it was super fast. I wouldn't mind something like here that at least gets them to 50 and through the capstone, then go from there.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe they have something other in store for seasons than just a "wipe and start fresh" that every other game does.

I'm guessing they are pulling from Destiny 2 for their seasons in this one. Could be wrong, but in D2 seasons are a couple things but mainly bringing about new story along side some seasonal grinds.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm guessing they are pulling from Destiny 2 for their seasons in this one. Could be wrong, but in D2 seasons are a couple things but mainly bringing about new story along side some seasonal grinds.

I'd rather have the latter half of d3 seasons. Even more so towards the last 10 or so, they were fun and they started trying new things. Didn't seem to care about how powerful characters got. I understand you dont want to do that this soon, but at least try to some mechanics or such. I expect any story extensions to come via expansions more then seasons(pally/crusader dlc). Seasons could do new events(like different versions of helltide) or jside quests though. iirc before release, the seasons are supposed to introduce new legendaries maybe new uniques too. I wouldn't mind seeing new paragon boards(though probably more like just new glyphs and legendary nodes).

Argarth

On the verandah
I get some hitching when going into a new "zone" if you can call it that. Sometimes, like tonight, maybe with the influx of people, it was actually rubberbanding when entering new zones. But other than that it runs great at me monitor refresh 166fps easy like 98% of the time.
Same, but it's such an infrequent thing it doesn't bother me that much. Given the shared world/full crossplay etc. we might be stuck with it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I mean, what sort of revelation are people expecting? The game is fun. It's worth $70 because it's a blast playing with FoH bros, RL bros, etc. Will it still be fun in 30 days? Maybe not. Maybe it'll have lost its luster by then. But it was still worth it for those 30 days and you can always come back to check in on the game each season.

If you want to stand by your principles, that's fine. But, we really don't need 300 comments about how hard you're virtue signaling. We get it, you're taking a moral stand, good for you. The rest of us will be having fun getting a demon tugger by Lilith.

• 9Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
RE: Seasons.

There's so much stuff you have to grind to even begin to build a character in this game, I don't see how people are going to want to consistently regrind new characters every season.
Lilith statues are permanent so starting off with that buff will make a fresh grind much easier. Then you can group with 3 other people and everyone does a dungeon at world tier 1 and you can crush every single one for the aspect and renown in just a few hours. Each person can do a separate dungeon and you get the reward no matter where you are so if everyone splits up it's insanely fast. After that the grind is pretty easy and will only get easier and making alts is also super ez due to the renown and being able to get PL'd crazy fast.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Then you can group with 3 other people and everyone does a dungeon at world tier 1 and you can crush every single one for the aspect and renown in just a few hours. Each person can do a separate dungeon and you get the reward no matter where you are so if everyone splits up it's insanely fast. After that the grind is pretty easy and will only get easier and making alts is also super ez due to the renown and being able to get PL'd crazy fast.
You think they will allow that in Season 1?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user