Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think they get that during cutscenes. Sometimes it flashes through the cutscene.

Yeah that's when we usually see it. Probably some generic "freedom of movement" effect that gets applied so they don't get stuck somewhere while they're being teleported around.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You really think you're doing something here, huh? lul

pride-gayorzea3.jpg
zelda-inspired-rainbow-flag-triforce-for-gay-pride-mens-t-shirt.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

I think they get that during cutscenes. Sometimes it flashes through the cutscene.
Cutscenes, immediately when you hit a talking NPC scene, etc. I found that shit extremely useful when I was getting renown maxxed across the world.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Good vid on the longer term issues the game has once the new game smell wears off. Having to redo renown each "League" will be gay AF and will prevent people from coming back. Much like POE Leagues that sucked dick and made you not want to do them. But Bliz wont be able to shit out Leagues that fast and that is an unfortunate reality of their seasonal content.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Question for mid /end game (55-65), doing rogue.

Do you guys keep it simple and go with the highest computation attack power weapon or try out stacking abilities of lower dps weapons to maybe have a higher deeps?

or is that factored in ? Sorry if retarded

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really enjoyed the campaign and initial leveling. Going around the map on the horse mindlessly clearing shit to unlock account wide bonuses is a considerable step down in engagement/enjoyment

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I can't believe people keep eating this up. What does blizzard got to do to stop you from going back to that trough?

But still, reading threads, checking a few vids, while not spending cash, and also avoiding streams etc, to not encourage this shit.. in order to get some ideas on the stucture, and systems. looking for good ideas, or improvement.

skill tree looks like total shit. I dont like the design intent, or mechanics. never liked blizzards either or choices from wow, diablo3, etc.
Paragon board is a solid idea. but, still a pale imitation of poe. that poe classes all share the same tree is also an important aspect. that here you pick your boards, actually greatly reduces the effect of even having it. unless access to them is rng? reviewing the planner is not the same as actually playing, and experiencing the unlock system.
with the way skills are more locked in, and the boards are so defined by class, there's going to be little diversity. every skill will have a preset build everyone will copy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Good vid on the longer term issues the game has once the new game smell wears off. Having to redo renown each "League" will be gay AF and will prevent people from coming back. Much like POE Leagues that sucked dick and made you not want to do them. But Bliz wont be able to shit out Leagues that fast and that is an unfortunate reality of their seasonal content.
yeah. so much of whats talked about here applies to what went wrong with Path of Exile too.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Why do people keep parroting this whole "refarm renown and aspects!" stuff? Have Blizzard confirmed that's how seasons will work? Or is this just a bunch of typical internet bullshit for people to farm views?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Really enjoyed the campaign and initial leveling. Going around the map on the horse mindlessly clearing shit to unlock account wide bonuses is a considerable step down in engagement/enjoyment
I'm the opposite. I had a ton of fun at first in fractured peaks just doing all the quests/finding everything, then I decided I wanted my mount and hated every minute of going through the rest of the story from halfway through scosglen to the end, but now that i'm in WT3 just running around killing stuff i'm having a blast. I'm sure part of it is that I can actually kill stuff at a reasonable pace now.

I think it's a mindset thing. If it's getting boring just grinding back to back to back aspect dungeons then take a break and do some helltides/whispers/whatever for a bit.
I can't believe people keep eating this up. What does blizzard got to do to stop you from going back to that trough?

But still, reading threads, checking a few vids, while not spending cash, and also avoiding streams etc, to not encourage this shit.. in order to get some ideas on the stucture, and systems. looking for good ideas, or improvement.

skill tree looks like total shit. I dont like the design intent, or mechanics. never liked blizzards either or choices from wow, diablo3, etc.
Paragon board is a solid idea. but, still a pale imitation of poe. that poe classes all share the same tree is also an important aspect. that here you pick your boards, actually greatly reduces the effect of even having it. unless access to them is rng? reviewing the planner is not the same as actually playing, and experiencing the unlock system.
with the way skills are more locked in, and the boards are so defined by class, there's going to be little diversity. every skill will have a preset build everyone will copy.

Oh boy, here we go again. "PoE skill tree is so diverse, so many options, so much versatility. It's definitely not preset copy pasted builds that everyone uses!" but then when you actually compare builds 99.9% of skill trees are identical copies.

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Why do people keep parroting this whole "refarm renown and aspects!" stuff? Have Blizzard confirmed that's how seasons will work? Or is this just a bunch of typical internet bullshit for people to farm views?

Who knows. I don't even know what the point of farming it to the point of burnout is. "OMG its 4 paragon points, it's absolutely mandatory that I grind it out in even if I hate every minute of it because the game is literally unplayable without it"?

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question for mid /end game (55-65), doing rogue.

Do you guys keep it simple and go with the highest computation attack power weapon or try out stacking abilities of lower dps weapons to maybe have a higher deeps?

or is that factored in ? Sorry if retarded
Gone into T4 with twisting blade build and it was rough. Had to switch over to hybrid cc so I can spread daze and a bunch of stuff in order to stay alive. Until Eyes of the dark leggings dropped, it procs unlimited death trap so I centered my build around the legs with poison trap. Sorry if I couldn't help, its really not so straight forward imo.
Btw I used the iron hold dungeon to test out build and level abit, the mob density is broken now. But as you improve along in that dungeon, then makes everything else easier...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone did the Gift 2 Subs to get a Mount? If so, where did you find the Mount? I assumed it would be at the Stable, but so far, there is nothing new at the Stable for me the past couple of days.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

Literally every single game that has a talent tree or skill point system boils down to the barest selection of builds for anyone who cares about min/maxing. It won't matter if you have 100000 choices or 10.

You have 21 sub classes to choose from in POE and they only use the same 2-3 builds for end game mapping/bosses season after season after season for years on end. 99% of players copy them if they are interested in end game. The rest fuck around and can't beat campaign or low level maps. Repeat each season.

They do excel at pumping out new content but let's not pretend they are innovative outside of that when it's a hard requirement to use 3rd party tools to get anything out of the game for non casuals.

---

For paragon boards you have access to 8 of them after the starter board which you can choose as you see fit which again won't matter to min/maxers because they will pick what is optimal. I'm almost L70 in World Tier 4 (end game) w/ around ~110 paragon and I never have to tab out to check how to build my character to keep progressing which is a huge win so far imo.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Has anyone did the Gift 2 Subs to get a Mount? If so, where did you find the Mount? I assumed it would be at the Stable, but so far, there is nothing new at the Stable for me the past couple of days.

Did you link your b.net account to twitch and claim it in your twitch inventory?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the most efficient way farming legos in WT3? Dungeons solo are quite slow. Is the outdoor Hellthingie or the tree faster for gear?
Cycle the Event outside of the Maugan's Works dungeon. Clear the event, enter the dungeon and wait like 10 seconds or so, then zone out. The Event has a good chance of being up again. On WT3, the event gives up to 60 Obols + drops. Do this a lot and gamble.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does max ilvl work?

Like do you get ilvl100 gear at ilvl100 so you are always replacing?

Or does each WT have it's own ilvl cap?
Not sure how it works, Kripp was mentioning what he saw at WT3 / WT4. Going into WT3, most of my gear was like 450-550, shortly after running some WT3 dungeons, I started getting Sacred gear at 750+. Kripp believes the "cap" for WT3 is 800, and WT4 to be 810+.

Did you link your b.net account to twitch and claim it in your twitch inventory?
Yea, I got the other Twitch Drops and all the pre order stuff. It is just the gifted sub mount that isn't present, and I recall getting a pop in Twitch saying I earned the Mount (haven't seen a way to "claim" it on Twitch and it doesn't show up in the Drops Inventory.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Why can't I craft Sigils? I've done a bunch of Tier 2 Nightmare dungeons but no unlock at the Mystic.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why can't I craft Sigils? I've done a bunch of Tier 2 Nightmare dungeons but no unlock at the Mystic.

I think its a 3 or higher to unlock it? I am not 100% certain on that tier. It is a specific number to unlock the crafting though.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I believe in some interview Blizz said that players would NOT need to refarm the Altars of Lilith, but didn't mention not needing to refarm Renown, so ppl are just assuming that we'll need to get Renown for Skill Points / Paragon.