Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This forum loves to throw around "most".

They said a long time ago sets wouldn't be at launch. Hell I would be shocked to see them again, d3 was almost too reliant on them and d2 barely used them from what I remember. Not sure I trust them to find a good middle ground.

And I see plenty still playing, from those that have the feature turned on, but a drop in players is expected. I will probably be done this week. I just log in for 2-4 hours to do some renown, a couple helltides maybe a nightmare and done. No reason to be on every days for hours like the first week. My friends list is still almost all on this game surprisingly. Most of them are very casual though, they are still doing the damn story.

Seasons highly depends on what it is and does. Hard to make any decision atm.
All that sets did in D3 was force you into very narrow builds. That sucked.

If they do make sets, they should be runes that slot into the Paragon board somewhere.

I definitely see less people online today, but that might be because everyone just played 100+ hours over the past 10 days. Also people are undecided about what seasonal play will be like in the first season, whether they'd rather continue playing their eternal character or start a new seasonal one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I liked the story. I watched the lore videos they released before the game launched and listened to all of the dialogue my first play through. It was well above average for any video game let alone an ARPG.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I still want to know who was the random dick fuck cunt who decided they need road blocks in this game. The Dev conversation must of been dumb as fuck.

Steve: Hey Tom I noticed people just hop on their horse and go to the dungeon as fast as possible.
Tim: Yeah, I've noticed that too so what?
Steve: Well I don't like that shit, maybe we should be complete cunt faggots and add some random annoyance bullshit just because!
Tim: Hell yeah bro, fuck these stupid players.. Lets put up some fucking wood blocks in their way because fuck them.
Steve: Hell yeah man, lets put that in and then suck each others dicks and hang a pride flag in the office.

There is zero reason for this shit.. in fact the goddamn portal for the nightmare dungeon should fucking open right in the goddamn city.. and I bet after a while it will once they realize everyone hates their retarded American Inventor bullshit.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the story. I watched the lore videos they released before the game launched and listened to all of the dialogue my first play through. It was well above average for any video game let alone an ARPG.

It was good for an ARPG, I dont see where he got the "Femisist circlebang" from , unless he squinted really hard at some parts. Sure I rolled my eyes at some of the "power of friendship" moments but that was about it. Sure I would like less "on rails" but its an arpg, dont get branching choices/endings in this type of game.

@booze Amen, those roadblocks are so stupid. Another thing is all the press space to go up/down, cross gap etc, puts your horse on CD. So stupid. The mount "Feeling" itself is bad imo, how they made it feel disjointed from a developer who did WoW mounts is beyond me. Just make clicking a nightmare key port you to the entrance. One of many QoL that should be added.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The $70 was worth it for the launch and getting to catch up with some forum folks for 4-5 days of killing shit and enjoying the new game feel. With that being said, you are absolutely delusional if you don't feel that the drop off has been massive this weekend and indicative that this game will have the same type of life that D3 had. To those who keep trying to say that we'll see a return for S1: how deluded are you? Seriously? Do you fucks believe the reason why they haven't released any information on S1 is because it's so god damn amazing that it's going to fix all of the core issues as well as add better content than the atrocity that is present? No, you're going to get a shitty patch and first season -- if they had anything, they'd have pushed it for launch rather than having everyone reduce their playtime to a few hours over the weekend after a grand total of 10 days since launch.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is a definite ton of shit they need to fix but still I think the core game is good and has potential. Lets see what the first real patch holds, this will prob show us which way this game is heading.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

If they do make sets, they should be runes that slot into the Paragon board somewhere.

I definitely see less people online today, but that might be because everyone just played 100+ hours over the past 10 days. Also people are undecided about what seasonal play will be like in the first season, whether they'd rather continue playing their eternal character or start a new seasonal one.

to not think you aren't forced into a narrow build pool in d4 already is pretty low iq

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The $70 was worth it for the launch and getting to catch up with some forum folks for 4-5 days of killing shit and enjoying the new game feel. With that being said, you are absolutely delusional if you don't feel that the drop off has been massive this weekend and indicative that this game will have the same type of life that D3 had. To those who keep trying to say that we'll see a return for S1: how deluded are you? Seriously? Do you fucks believe the reason why they haven't released any information on S1 is because it's so god damn amazing that it's going to fix all of the core issues as well as add better content than the atrocity that is present? No, you're going to get a shitty patch and first season -- if they had anything, they'd have pushed it for launch rather than having everyone reduce their playtime to a few hours over the weekend after a grand total of 10 days since launch.
Well lets not forget that D3 took years to fix to the state you see now. It was a broken piece of shit on launch and the whole RMT shit where they took a percentaqge, that was cringe as fuck. From memory they hired some experts to fix the game because it was that bad and broken when released.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Who keeps saying "Well see a return for season1. Or some miracle patch"? projecting much?

I see "who knows about season 1, will see". Mainly apprehension about whether renown has to be all done again or not.

Season 1 is up the in air, who knows.

• 1Like
  • 1Imbecile

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well lets not forget that D3 took years to fix to the state you see now. It was a broken piece of shit on launch and the whole RMT shit where they took a percentaqge, that was cringe as fuck. From memory they hired some experts to fix the game because it was that bad and broken when released.

You mean it needed an expansion... Also keep in mind the reason they dumped the RMAH wasn't due to the game being dogshit. It's because they were legally forced to act as a bank and uncle sam went all wormie on their buttholes and they realized it wasn't worth selling digital pixels for cash since that's damn near counterfeiting as far as Uncle Israel is concerned.

It's also why you are never allowed to have more than $250 b.net bliz bucks and why the items in the RMAH were limited to a $250 cash max to sell. If they didn't have to deal with getting noticed on they would still have that fucking thing up and running. RMAH was nice because we all made thousands even without botting at the start of that game. Hell if you were smart enough to go full on nose-mode you made 6-7 figures during the first few months. When I look back it's a shame I didn't throw the moral compass out the window and embrace digital fraud.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard

Grinding for sets gave us something to do. Optimizing those sets was another thing to do. D4...there's nothing to want. Tons of nameless Random_Gear_0103491 with +1 betterer stats and that's that. There are no interesting pieces of gear in this game...not a single one.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grinding for sets gave us something to do. Optimizing those sets was another thing to do. D4...there's nothing to want. Tons of nameless Random_Gear_0103491 with +1 betterer stats and that's that. There are no interesting pieces of gear in this game...not a single one.

Eh what? If you didn't the good one in your season journey, you had your set usually by day 2. It was not a grind at all. maybe if you wanted ancient in all slots sure(which was just + better stats). And your set contained a big majority of your classes offensive and defensive power in them. And once you had your items, including legendaries, which took usually the same amount of time. It was down to getting +better stats on all of it, or better rolls. Not sure what world you lived in. You got your set, you got your legendaries for their powers, then you grinded for "Better stats".

They at least have uniques here to hunt for. On top of the normal getting better rolls and stats.

If you want mostly interesting peices of gear though, you probably have to go back to d2. Where it was all about just searching for specific items but even that had rng stats on them.

• 1Moron

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
On sorc slotting fireball into your first enchantment slot heavily reduced my time waiting for mana recharge. When all of the minions explode it takes a huge chunk out of elites. Becomes less useful later on when getting more mana regen.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Lasted? Elgacia in 4 days, Hell clown July, Aeromancer & Akkan August. Still going strong and getting monthly content patches.

LA had 900,000 players on it a year ago on steam, and it's just barely over 30,000 today. I think lasted is a good word to describe that.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
LA had 900,000 players on it a year ago on steam, and it's just barely over 30,000 today. I think lasted is a good word to describe that.
I can't get back into that game every time I've tried the new classes. There is just way too much shit going on...

D4 will be very easy to come back to for new seasons.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm enjoying the game to this point enough that I'd play season 1 even if it's a complete fresh start, but as an ADD gamer if my friends don't I probably won't stick with it. Haven't touched rogue yet for just that reason.

Subsequent seasons? Probably not.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm enjoying the game to this point enough that I'd play season 1 even if it's a complete fresh start, but as an ADD gamer if my friends don't I probably won't stick with it. Haven't touched rogue yet for just that reason.

Subsequent seasons? Probably not.

Yeah i was leaving a 2nd class for a possible season, just to have something new. I can mess around with druid, with 2 other builds I want to try, if I can get the unique items for them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LA had great combat and boss, mob mechanics, other than that, the game was shit. Typical asian gamble for gear upgrades oh and let us $$ell you some. Which IMO just ruins these types of games for me because its all about finding that next piece of god rolled armor or weapon, fuck the upgrade shit. But I do have to admit the content in that game was solid. Oh and the game was bordering on being too twitchy too with the combat, which for and old man like me is not good, lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity