Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
LA had great combat and boss, mob mechanics, other than that, the game was shit. Typical asian gamble for gear upgrades oh and let us $$ell you some. Which IMO just ruins these types of games for me because its all about finding that next piece of god rolled armor or weapon, fuck the upgrade shit. But I do have to admit the content in that game was solid. Oh and the game was bordering on being too twitchy too with the combat, which for and old man like me is not good, lol.

LA from the start shoudl have been the alarm bell of a korean cash grab mmo style game. They are all nearly identical in design . Tons of currencies, and things to upgrade to get stronger. Shit to collect and level, etc. You end up with a system that 500 different systems using 500 different currencies that all raise your power.

It's a common korean design.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I also played BDO which was the same shit. I hate that whole gearing system. Because if only they went with a western style D2 type gearing system, then it would be a win/win in my book. I guess their system just makes shit easier to balance since everyone pretty much has the same shit, lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whoever ends up taking Korean graphics and combat and puts a western system underneath it all will print money.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whoever ends up taking Korean graphics and combat and puts a western system underneath it all will print money.

In a sandbox and lets try skill based characters, instead of class based.

Oh and make it Sci fi. So tired of fantasy.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Man a company of gamers for gamers. Who simply steal the best of the genre, polish the shit out of it and release the product. Sign me the fuck up.

futurama-fry.gif

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I want to try that werewolf build that uses just basic attacks, so you never spend spirit. But it seems to take 2 unique items. I wouldn't mind trying tornado either, but it needs the helm. And still both rely on lucky hits to refill spirit or big packs. Why the generator only one sounds so appealing. I think the big issue going into higher tier NM is survivability. I also just dont see myself going that high. Its like the GR150 in d3, that I basically never reached because I am not going to grind my way to it.

Main thing I just want done now is the renown. Because it seems no one really knows if the account wide stuff is going to carry over and they make you do it over again. So I will do it now in spurts just in case.

It says all characters on the realm so I am guessing it will not carry over to seasons as i'd imagine they will be a separate realm.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do aspects that have a "taking direct dmg has a chance to...." still occur with a barrier active?

Does direct damage have to apply to the health pool, or is it just non-dot effects?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well lets not forget that D3 took years to fix to the state you see now. It was a broken piece of shit on launch and the whole RMT shit where they took a percentaqge, that was cringe as fuck. From memory they hired some experts to fix the game because it was that bad and broken when released.

They waited to fire the lead on D3 a full week after RoS released. That is not really in the spirit of "hiring some experts".

• 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I'm not hopeful that an S-tier ARPG will exist any time soon.
There will never be an S-tier ARPG, they've been played-out for over 20 years now. Every entry in this deadend genre is immediately reduced to meta considerations of builds and equipment loadouts because the actual gameplay has such little significance in the design.

I can imagine a future ARPG that's nothing but a configurable automated combat simulation to be even more successful with their core audience of autistic theorycrafting retards.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I can imagine a future ARPG that's nothing but a configurable automated combat simulation to be even more successful with their core audience of autistic theorycrafting retards.
That would be a lot more fun than what we have now.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Decided to try the capstone dungeon (level 70) at 57, after switching to the Bone Spur build, since shit was melting. Figured I would dip my toes in, and if I got one shot at the door, turn around.

Instead, I was able to clear the first stage with only a couple deaths. The second stage took a turn for the worse, as the mini-bosses you need to kill would one shot me with their AoE, and they took 5 or 6 spurs to kill (I only had mana for 3 spurs, and only the first one does big dick damage). Finally reached the last boss after only 10 or so deaths, and everything the boss does is a one shot. Five or six spurs still get him down to the first potion drop, and I can stay alive by dodging shit, so anyway, 20 deaths later, I decide to switch to the undead army build. I run around like a decapitated chicken while the pets whittle him down for 5 or so deaths, but I cant even get him to 75% and finally give up.

Since I had the undead army Hardcore dont die build, I figured I would try a tier 19 nightmare dungeon, which was... level 72. Astoundingly, I beat it, with 2 lifes left!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I bet thats why a lot of games now a days suffer. When you cant figure out why something in a game is so fucking stupid, or makes no sense, or isnt true to its origins, its probably because a woman or a young person developed it. Its like the same thing with the FF7 remake thread, wondering why certain things are happening etc. What does a 23 year old designer know about Sephiroth? He probably has no real connection with Final Fantasy 7, and doesnt really give a shit about the characters or their relationships.
They should make new shit then imo. Maybe those women and corporate bros can make a kickass game, but probably not.

That said, I’ve always felt Nintendo, Square, From….even the studio making the recent god of wars looked like mostly gamers. I’ve stayed away from the remake though.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I just did capstone at 63 on rogue and it felt pretty awesome. I tried at 62 and got him to around 50, but I didn’t feel like it was really happening.

I noticed if you’re close to a big paragon spike thingy, then it’s best to maybe up for that. I also noticed that sometimes you should use your brain with parts of a guide that don’t work for you.

This rogue guide has been awesome, but it said to swap to clone unless you still have resource issues. I tried it and it set me back bigly + changed over to combo points for the boss fight and got him. Great feeling getting him solo after failing him with my group of buds.

Now they have to look at the T4 champion with their baby dicks.

Enjoying the game and hopeful the first attempt is the most grindy and next chars flow more nicely up the ladder.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am going to wait until the season starts to see what they have to offer. If its at least as interesting as POE League Lite (which is what they should be going for) then it will be okay. Seasons will make or break this. Guaranteed.

The basic QOL things this game desperately needs though. It needs them in under a year. Probably under 6 months. Like I get they wanted to avoid a auction house issue like in D3 but god damn. You NEED to let people trade fucking items. Holy shit.

Like if I can enjoy one or two POE leagues a year with a 300 hour time investment I need to be able to enjoy a D4 season with half that. While I drink beer and eat pretzels.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I did the 70 capstone last night at 60. Died a few times to normal elite mobs, died once to the last boss.

Biggest QoL they can implement and is one of the stupidest things in the game by far is getting rid of the stupid as shit "lol your gear gets less effective when you die so you have to tp to town to repair after every single death because if you die with it repaired you're gonna get buttraped with the one death penalty on effectiveness".

On a related note, tried WT4 a little last night and the toxic spiders just absolutely delete my hp pool, I have to literally spam potions just to fight regular mobs.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The $70 was worth it for the launch and getting to catch up with some forum folks for 4-5 days of killing shit and enjoying the new game feel. With that being said, you are absolutely delusional if you don't feel that the drop off has been massive this weekend and indicative that this game will have the same type of life that D3 had. To those who keep trying to say that we'll see a return for S1: how deluded are you? Seriously? Do you fucks believe the reason why they haven't released any information on S1 is because it's so god damn amazing that it's going to fix all of the core issues as well as add better content than the atrocity that is present? No, you're going to get a shitty patch and first season -- if they had anything, they'd have pushed it for launch rather than having everyone reduce their playtime to a few hours over the weekend after a grand total of 10 days since launch.
I can guarantee the first big patch will be 90% nerfs to any Builds or skills that are actually effective. The remaining 10% will be to add rainbow dilators to the store

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Literally a dead game.

42k consecutive users while also being #5 in play time in KR during the same time period over a year after release for an MMO while that time period also encompasses the release of a AAA ARPG that's been the most anticipated title in the last 5 years or so is 'literally a dead game'? You understand that places the population at about 150k in the West/Europe and the KR numbers are double that.

New World isn't dead and they haven't had 42k consecutive players in the year 2023 where the market is only the West.

I can guarantee the first big patch will be 90% nerfs to any Builds or skills that are actually effective. The remaining 10% will be to add rainbow dilators to the store

Pretty reasonable take.
Decided to try the capstone dungeon (level 70) at 57, after switching to the Bone Spur build, since shit was melting. Figured I would dip my toes in, and if I got one shot at the door, turn around.

Instead, I was able to clear the first stage with only a couple deaths. The second stage took a turn for the worse, as the mini-bosses you need to kill would one shot me with their AoE, and they took 5 or 6 spurs to kill (I only had mana for 3 spurs, and only the first one does big dick damage). Finally reached the last boss after only 10 or so deaths, and everything the boss does is a one shot. Five or six spurs still get him down to the first potion drop, and I can stay alive by dodging shit, so anyway, 20 deaths later, I decide to switch to the undead army build. I run around like a decapitated chicken while the pets whittle him down for 5 or so deaths, but I cant even get him to 75% and finally give up.

Since I had the undead army Hardcore dont die build, I figured I would try a tier 19 nightmare dungeon, which was... level 72. Astoundingly, I beat it, with 2 lifes left!

The capstone dungeon is a joke with the exception of the final boss, he is a really good encounter if you try to solo him at 62-63ish (and it feels good to fight, I wish there were more fights like him) but 57 is incredibly low, I would have been impressed if you got him at that level.

• 2Like