Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
the twisting blades aspect is twice as strong when placed in a bow/crossbow. 2h weapons get a 200% bonus for aspects and ranged weapons count as 2h. so if it says 15/30 it'll give 30/60.
Ohhh. That’s why I kept seeing build guides saying to put that on bow. I put it on the wrong shit thinking it didn’t make a difference.

wish those weren’t so costly to attach materials wise.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Crossbow specifically has vulnerable damage. Bow has damage to distant or something garbage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Are there really no viable bow builds for rogue?

Speaking of bow, do I get that big +vulnerable damage bonus from my crossbow for all of the dagger skills too? If so, that seems to make it a no-brainer which type of bow to use equip.
There are plenty of good bow builds for both Penetrating Shot and Rapid Fire. My friend has a Rapid Fire build that doesn't even use a basic attack.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Crossbow specifically has vulnerable damage. Bow has damage to distant or something garbage.

Yeah this was my original point, seems a no brainer to use a crossbow as a rogue if you're doing daggers. I didnt' know you could put those aspects on the bow though, although I guess it makes sense in retrospect. Good to know.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Vaguely been following thread since it's degenerated into...whatever.

I'm still having fun. Hit 75 on the Barb. Finally raping shit with WW build and bleeds.

They REALLY need a filter on loot. This is silly. I spend just as much time looking at yellows as I do playing the game. Just in case I get something with cool down reduction. While I'm bitching, there are waaaay too many stats on gear IMO.

I have received every damn Barb unique twice over and no damn breast plate.

Lot's of QOL additions like gem bag, loadout tab etcetera would be nice.

I have died more times to lag than anything at this point. Sucks when you know when the lag is over you will explode.

Overall I'm still giving it a solid 7.5/10. They have some good bones here.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are there really no viable bow builds for rogue?

Speaking of bow, do I get that big +vulnerable damage bonus from my crossbow for all of the dagger skills too? If so, that seems to make it a no-brainer which type of bow to use equip.
Sorry somehow didn't finish writing the post.

Enemies have so much HP that they get in melee range so while you can use viable bow skills, you'll be in melee range. It's like fighting Duriel in D2 as a bowazon, but every boss arena is that small.

I'm not playing a bow build but I have the ranged dagger throwing builder which is how I know this. I may be wrong.

My point is that the playstyle for every rogue build is petty much identical, anything unique like dropping poison traps from stealth is behind a cooldown and you'd never stack trap damage for a cooldown skill when you can get vulnerable damage and it works for every skill and other builds.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My second and third unique drops were Barb. I just thought it was some shared loot table type of bullshit. Didnt know it was an actual problem that theyre aware of. Now Im just fucking salty about it cause Barb is like one of the last classes that I want to play. At least he'll have a nice weapon and gloves in his 60's, I guess?

I should have just played Sorcerer like I did in beta. I was trying to play something that wasnt perceived to be "meta" and and had some cool skills. Now after playing the Druid for so long, I made a Sorcerer last night and.. fuck, the difference in "fun" between the two classes at the low levels is fucking night and day.

Vaguely been following thread since it's degenerated into...whatever.

I'm still having fun. Hit 75 on the Barb. Finally raping shit with WW build and bleeds.

They REALLY need a filter on loot. This is silly. I spend just as much time looking at yellows as I do playing the game. Just in case I get something with cool down reduction. While I'm bitching, there are waaaay too many stats on gear IMO.

I have received every damn Barb unique twice over and no damn breast plate.

Lot's of QOL additions like gem bag, loadout tab etcetera would be nice.

I have died more times to lag than anything at this point. Sucks when you know when the lag is over you will explode.

Overall I'm still giving it a solid 7.5/10. They have some good bones here.
Im not going to be some kind of fan boi or something, but as much as they keep talking about how much "work" theyre putting into Season 1 - I imagine we're going to get a fat ol' Quality of Life and Bugs patch along with whatever little content they put out for the Season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Im not going to be some kind of fan boi or something, but as much as they keep talking about how much "work" theyre putting into Season 1 - I imagine we're going to get a fat ol' Quality of Life and Bugs patch along with whatever little content they put out for the Season.
At this point I'm more concerned they'll ruin the few enjoyable endgame core builds GGG-style because "balance"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like I said I expect the seasons to be way different and more than D3, simply for the fact you need to pay for the shit. If not than this game will die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've tried a number of fixes, but the game has become unplayable for me. Random freezes for minutes at a time; when teleporting, visiting vendors, opening windows etc.

Gonna give it some time before I log in again. Pretty bummed, but hey, it's the NEW and IMPROVED Blizzard.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Right but if you are doing this with PoE, you also need to do it with D4.
You do? D4 and PoE are the same game?
My friend has a Rapid Fire build that doesn't even use a basic attack.
Impossible.

1. You have no friends.

2. Builder/Spender is the ONLY way you can play this game!!!!!

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I've tried a number of fixes, but the game has become unplayable for me. Random freezes for minutes at a time; when teleporting, visiting vendors, opening windows etc.

Gonna give it some time before I log in again. Pretty bummed, but hey, it's the NEW and IMPROVED Blizzard.

my video card sounds like a C-130 taking off when playing D4

source: the airport i work at has ANG C-130's :p

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this point I'm more concerned they'll ruin the few enjoyable endgame core builds GGG-style because "balance"

This. They seem to be overly nerfing things, anything that is powerful. Not to mention they keep nerfing any means to gain exp in regular dungeons. Shocked helltides havent been hit. No one wants to be forced into nightmare dungeons as the only way to gain exp.

Leveling should be the simplest and easiest thing in an ARPG, you should be able to stop worrying about exp fairly quickly and just concentrate on loot gain and killing monsters. I am curious why those chose this route. Both d2 and d3 you were max level fast and then in d3 you got paragon as you did activities. Only the hardcore speed farmed GRs to grind paragon points.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Like I said I expect the seasons to be way different and more than D3, simply for the fact you need to pay for the shit. If not than this game will die.

Wait, you can't participate in a "season" realm unless you buy something?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Leveling should be the simplest and easiest thing in an ARPG, you should be able to stop worrying about exp fairly quickly and just concentrate on loot gain and killing monsters. I am curious why those chose this route. Both d2 and d3 you were max level fast and then in d3 you got paragon as you did activities. Only the hardcore speed farmed GRs to grind paragon points.

Looks like they took a page out of PoE's playbook, even making max level at 100. Just be thankful we don't lose experience on death. I never hit lvl 100 in PoE, now *that* is a serious grind.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, you can't participate in a "season" realm unless you buy something?
Pretty sure he just means the battle pass you can pay for.

Otherwise no, you just log in when a season starts and when you create a character, it will probably ask regular or season.

• 1Solidarity

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

Not sure if you've tried this but I turned off cross network play in the settings and it was an notiecable improvment.

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure he just means the battle pass you can pay for.

Otherwise no, you just log in when a season starts and when you create a character, it will probably ask regular or season.

Shouldn't you be able to play season for free? Like in other games like CoD, Overwatch.....there is a paid tier and a free tier. So you can still play season, but you won't get the goodies in the paid tier.