Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chris

Potato del Grande
So much to do that you play maybe one league a year. I'm sure you know so much more about the variety of activities in PoE than me, i've only played the game for like 7 hours, ever, so i'll take your word that you can go an entire week without repeating any content.
You don't get to have an opinion on ARPGs if you haven't played PoE.

• 2Moron
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why would you even try to compare them, its dumb. One is what 10 years old, with all that entails, the other is 3 weeks old. It's silly. At least in terms of content amount.
I'm comparing PoE at launch to D4 and D4 is lacking in multiple areas.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just so I'm 100% clear, seeing a lot of confusion out there. There's a lot of talk about what is going to carry between seasons, but that's all only going to apply S2+ right? Season one will be a completely blank slate, because it's on a new realm and the realm is how progress is shared?

Chris

Potato del Grande
You don't get to have an opinion of you don't understand basic mechanics literally explained to you in tooltips
I got the weapon/amulet bonus mixed up with the dungeon essences giving the minimum value when planning out my minmaxing, big deal.

I'm melting everything in WT4 with and I'm 10 levels underleveled, just need a bit more survivability to make it retard easy.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just so I'm 100% clear, seeing a lot of confusion out there. There's a lot of talk about what is going to carry between seasons, but that's all only going to apply S2+ right? Season one will be a completely blank slate, because it's on a new realm and the realm is how progress is shared?
Supposedly from that live stream, and only if you had it done before the season, you will get all of your lillith statue progress and all of the fog lifted off the map if you have it lifted currently. Plus all the renown points associated which they estimated between the lillith statues and the map discovery at 2000 renown for season one.

They mentioned that in later seasons thy will again re-evaluate if to carry over more.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The ONLY thing this game needs is flying mounts.

Just imagine the bliss...the pixel gaming bliss.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't get to have an opinion on ARPGs if you haven't played PoE.

One of the dumbest things I have read on this forum, at least when it comes to video games. Normally I would just ignore you, but this needed Highlighting. And Yes I have played PoE.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This thread still has some of us only-play-a-season-every-few-years ARPG casual timmies obviously shitting up your grinder hard ons, or something.
Exactly. It's littered with casual Andies who are bitching that the game is too "grindy", while simultaneously being the same people who lambaste Blizzard for making "casual, dogshit ass boring games".

At this point I'm slowly starting to wonder if Blizzard truly makes shit games, or if Blizzard's games become shit because they moronically listen to their BPD-laden fans.
Disregard the fact that once you have a decent build, it's exactly the same problem you said d4 has where you go for long stretches of time without getting an upgrade and if you get your gear together before you roll an alt you literally never get upgrades and end game of PoE is loot filtering out literally all the loot except for currency orbs and super valuable div cards so you can link stacks of mirrors or divines or chaos in chat to show people how hard you poopsock.
In Metamorph league I had a juiced ass 6 affix ring that dropped from Dried Lake that I literally didn't upgrade until about a month into the league.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
When going wolf goes wrong

DERRRRRRRRP

1687289930549.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not what I mean. Just take the best league (arguably POE Atlas as it introduced the game defining maps system) and steal that. Then work on stealing the other ones as your good content for seasons.
They basically already stole PoEs passive tree. Did you not see the paragon board pictures I linked? It's almost a 1:1 copy.

As far as mapping goes, Nightmare dungeons are already almost there once they add the ability to "port" to them. They just need to add a way to juice/modify them more is all.

They also need to remove "objectives" from Nightmare dungeons. I like that they tier the dungeon in that they have "stages" but each stage needs to just be killing a mini-boss/chest event with big packs/etc., culminating in the dungeon boss. Slay all enemies, move stupid objects to the pedestals, etc. needs to go the fuck away. Save those dogshit mechanics for campaigns/side-quests/story related shit - keep them the fuck out of my farmfest.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I got the weapon/amulet bonus mixed up with the dungeon essences giving the minimum value when planning out my minmaxing, big deal.

I'm melting everything in WT4 with and I'm 10 levels underleveled, just need a bit more survivability to make it retard easy.

Don't forget where you blamed everyone else for you being retarded. That was my favorite part

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
soul mobs 2.jpg

Soul mobs.jpg

First dungeon I ran after getting back on and I got the event. These are the soul mobs, see the green aura I said they'll have? I beat teh event with like 10 seconds to spare on the clock and I was alt tabbed for literally half of it trying to paste the pictures into ms paint, too.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The tempest/torment league launch back in closed beta when there was only 2 acts right?
Am I expected to have an encylopedic knowledge of the patches?

Don't forget where you blamed everyone else for you being retarded. That was my favorite part
What?

One of the dumbest things I have read on this forum, at least when it comes to video games. Normally I would just ignore you, but this needed Highlighting. And Yes I have played PoE.
Oh so you don't need to play genre defining games to comment on new developments in the genre?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 478854
View attachment 478855

First dungeon I ran after getting back on and I got the event. These are the soul mobs, see the green aura I said they'll have? I beat teh event with like 10 seconds to spare on the clock and I was alt tabbed for literally half of it trying to paste the pictures into ms paint, too.

That's awesome dude.

When I'm playing, I do not get mobs with that very obvious glow.

-edit- Actually it's only obvious in the second picture, it's not at all obvious in the first.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm sure you do get them, you probably just haven't been keeping an eye out for them and they get lost in all the effects and the blasting mobs. That's why I failed it a few times at first, too, and i'm sure it's also why the other people in this thread who say they just blast everything fail it as well. Killing everything asap probably also hinders it due to the way mobs spawn or something, too, since if you only focus the soul mobs you have tons of extra time but any time I killed everything it was either a super close call or a fail.

• 1Worf