Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They are in a no win situation really. With the current state of Blizzard the company, they are gonna piss off the majority of people no matter what they do.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't think that's the issue, and hasn't been for a long time. Do you remember the D3 beta being limited to level 20 and Act 2 for the entire duration? How many issues could've been resolved revealing the rest of the game even to a handful of testers? They have been making poor decisions for a very long time.
They should hire QA testers, what other company has open betas of their game!?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think that's the issue, and hasn't been for a long time. Do you remember the D3 beta being limited to level 20 and Act 2 for the entire duration? How many issues could've been resolved revealing the rest of the game even to a handful of testers? They have been making poor decisions for a very long time.
Testing and preview videos/blogs are two totally different things. I think they should do a solidly long beta but they probably won't. For previews though, they legit can't win. My guess is they are still 2 years out or longer with all the company changes. This may be vaporware.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Guys, I have the perfect solution.

Chris Wilson leaves GGG to become the lead of DIV.

Diablo IV gets better because at least Chris Wilson is a competent ARPG designer.

PoE gets better because Chris Wilson is fucking gone.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Guys, I have the perfect solution.

Chris Wilson leaves GGG to become the lead of DIV.
Blizzard should've hired Yoshi-P back in the day, when he said he would go instantly if they let him make the next Diablo game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Diablo" as a brand name is offensive, it does literal violence to Latinx people by branding them Satanists. Blizzard, can you please rename this to "Toxic Spiritual Entity Without Offending Your Lived Experience" ?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
"Diablo" as a brand name is offensive, it does literal violence to Latinx people by branding them Satanists. Blizzard, can you please rename this to "Toxic Spiritual Entity Without Offending Your Lived Experience" ?
Diablx is a fierce and brave hispanx transgender who has been oppressed by the whiteness of heaven and the angelic orders.

At the end of the game you realise that Diablx did nothing wrong and genocide Tyrael and the other angles so that demonix migrants can enrich heaven with their vibrant diversity.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm also offended by the name "Blizzard." It implies a literal snowstorm of whiteness, an all-ecompassing blanket of racist atmospheric phenomena that enforces white supremacy.

PAINT YOUR SNOW WITH RAINBOWS!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It's funny Blizzard did a big quarterly update and nobody even gave enough of a fuck to bump it... Lol what a shit company. What's amusing is all of the information they released was graphics and sound which are pretty much the only functioning teams at Blizzard or ever has been.

Remember when they previewed D3 and literally used animations that weren't ingame to push it?

I do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider

I feel like they should spend less time making super crazy fancy death animations and more time making a good game.

I like the idea of a paragon-like system for end game but so far D4 is sounding too much like D3.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

I feel like they should spend less time making super crazy fancy death animations and more time making a good game.

I like the idea of a paragon-like system for end game but so far D4 is sounding too much like D3.
Finally someone at Blizzard played Path of Exile, good to see that they are stealing the sphere grid.

So looks like sphere grid for stats boosts and passives, talent tree for skills?

It's also good that their quest to make talent trees ever more linear and boring has ended.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In past discussions, we’ve received feedback that it seems deflating for so much of a character’s power to be delivered through the gear that they have equipped. Customizing and planning a character feels less rewarding if it doesn’t play a big role in how the character performs in combat.

Welp, I'm out.

D3 is shallow and boring for more than a week or two precisely because gear is inconsequential. You are fully geared in about 6-8 hours of playtime and then its all about Paragon. And they feel this is the correct approach and will be doing the same thing in D4...

What people play ARPGs for any reason OTHER than the item hunt? Where do they find these people? And why do they listen to them? Do they not understand that gear actually changes the way you build your character and set up their skill points and the interaction between those two things are what make an ARPG great?

• 9Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welp, I'm out.

D3 is shallow and boring for more than a week or two precisely because gear is inconsequential. You are fully geared in about 6-8 hours of playtime and then its all about Paragon. And they feel this is the correct approach and will be doing the same thing in D4...

What people play ARPGs for any reason OTHER than the item hunt? Where do they find these people? And why do they listen to them? Do they not understand that gear actually changes the way you build your character and set up their skill points and the interaction between those two things are what make an ARPG great?
You’re fully geared in d3 in 6-8 hours because set bonuses are too consequential. The only character planning in that game is pick the skill layout that fits the set bonus.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
D3 should have up to T25 by now, but they don't want to reward botters even more. It's a design problem plus a lack of caring about anti-cheat.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People bother botting D3 still?
Blizzard didn't even bother with a ban wave for the last season, then they had a glitch for DH this season which could generate infinite buff stacks and clear a GR150 in 30 seconds first week.