Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its base life. The same thing with life gems or even the paragon % life stuff. It doesn't take into account your items +life, it just does base life. I assume the only way to increase this is leveling up. Since there is no vitality base stat.

The life gems and paragon stuff has been known for a while. Even though they say maximum life. Its base. Not shocking at all it's the same with with barriers. There is a reason they said a while ago, temerity pants were bad in the later game, because its base life barrier, not your maximum life barrier.

Pretty old news, if you look into it at all. They just have to patch out anywhere it says "maximum" and replace it with "Base".

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Image is incorrect as second example is the same max life as first, but people in comments tested and it's true.

Same thing with rubies.

Do they not realise that stacking one stat multiplicativly to get a huge bonus is half the fun of these games?

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So patch notes are pretty much

"We increased XP on obvious shit"

Woopti fucking doo, unfuck more and do it quicker.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah and the "balance" part of classes pretty much buffs giving unused skills and base builder skills 1%-2% more base dmg, looool.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Who is switching skills after those 1% buffs? Thrilling stuff.

People use different builders for the buffs/debuffs they provide.

Make one do way more damage and one gain way more resource. Now we have a choice.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The key for any class is to get rid of those bulder skills as fast as possible by solving resource problem. They are pure trash as far as DMG is concerned. They kinda boxed themselves in a corner with these skills. For one, like I said they are skills used only in early game, they take up a valuable spot on the hotbar later which can be taken up by a better skill such as defense or more offense, debuff, whatever.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The notes...note that future balancing and density changes etc won't come until "early into" S1.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The key for any class is to get rid of those bulder skills as fast as possible by solving resource problem. They are pure trash as far as DMG is concerned. They kinda boxed themselves in a corner with these skills. For one, like I said they are skills used only in early game, they take up a valuable spot on the hotbar later which can be taken up by a better skill such as defense or more offense, debuff, whatever.

The builder only setup for druids looks hella fun. And because its all builder based, no resource problems. Not sure how it scales late late game, but it can do up to 85s at least iirc. Farther then anything I will probably do anyway :p Sad thing is it takes 2 unique drops to really work.

Also the tornado build barely uses a builder iirc. Its all based on returning resource and reduced resource cost. So once you get spamming , you can do it forever. I assume the builder is in the build for the occasion where for some reason you have no pool to start , so you need to use it a few times to get a pool then you can spam tornado. It requires specific unique though and decent lucky hit.

I was mostly blocked from the fun stuff by not having the unique items to do them.

But yes, I would prefer that building skills become moot later in game or used a lot less if they are used to trigger something(vulnerable, a buff or what not). D3 had an item, where you had to hit your basic attack every 6seconds to keep a 50% damage buff going and the ring set this power came from was in a ton of builds, as one example. They were hardly used to build resource though at all in later game.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Tell you what, might be a lazy patch but without any gear changes I feel a ton stronger in WT3 at level 53 after the patch, also seems like sacred legends drop a lot more common, though most are still junk.

Game has a long way to go but it definitely feels like it's heading in the right direction, until they find more dumb shit to nerf of course.