Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
we did the capstone at 68 and wt4 at 68-70 was hard just from the level difference

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
If they were clever they would make some of the mods convey an overall +itempower offset to all the drops to reward people who want to slam their dick in the door.
So as usual, they just could have copied PoE.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what are the chances that a good chunk of the suffix’s get removed/replaced at some point?

I would be shocked , maybe slight adjustments and that is it. Only thing I see is them adding more to the pool.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just do it yourself at 65. There's no benefit to going into WT4 early, the lowest level mobs in WT4 are 73.

People trying to rush to the end of a game with no endgame are a large part of why they're so disappointed.
Meh. I'm not rushing at all. I just don't want to spend a bunch of time setting up my gear and rerolling only to start replacing with WT4 shit in a few levels.

I get burnt out and bored fast anyways. It'd be nice to spend a little bit of time close to "endgame" for once, so I just want to hop into WT4 and fiddlefuck around in there for a bit before I get bored.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, just like when you got to WT3, most of your upgrades wil be frontloaded for the most part in the first 5-10 levels and then the road to 100 is pretty much trying to find something better than what you have by small percentage values or finding that unicorn item. I mean you already saw the paragon board and thats where a lot of your power comes from, but you already been there and done that.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just do it yourself at 65. There's no benefit to going into WT4 early, the lowest level mobs in WT4 are 73.

People trying to rush to the end of a game with no endgame are a large part of why they're so disappointed.
You may still be able to collect Helltide currency in WT3, then port to town, change to WT4, then run to the chest and open it for better loots.

Is it worth the trouble,? Depends on the person, I guess.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
How the fuck are people not doing the capstone dungeon 10 levels early!?

Fix your build, fix your gear.

Ancestral gear drops with the same dogshit stats as everything else, so it's the same chance at getting an upgrade, it's just a larger item level increment the first time you get an ancestral upgrade.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You may still be able to collect Helltide currency in WT3, then port to town, change to WT4, then run to the chest and open it for better loots.

Is it worth the trouble,? Depends on the person, I guess.
Im not sure if this works anymore, I think they fixed it. Check the patch notes on their last patch I think they addressed this exploit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Wife and I broke into WT4 at 60 and it was a (temporary) breath of fresh air. Exp was SO fucking slow in WT3.

So, I'd completely disagree with this. If your char is powerful enough to kill basic shit in WT4, do it early at 60 if you want Bandwagon Bandwagon . But good luck finding someone to help with that negative Diablo-SMV equity.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Personally, it wouldnt take much to turn this from okay to amazing.

If they could fix the awful loot drop algorithm, add better essences / uniques for each class, and have some sort of purpose to higher level NMs aside from glyph xp, I think I would enjoy it a lot more.

It still would need a ton of QoL stuff, but I don't understand why they couldnt have better gear drop from harder nightmare dungeons, that alone seems like such an impossible thing to overlook. Yeah, lots of the enemy affixes suck, but if you had a better chance at upgrades I'd start running them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Wife and I broke into WT4 at 60 and it was a (temporary) breath of fresh air. Exp was SO fucking slow in WT3.

So, I'd completely disagree with this. If your char is powerful enough to kill basic shit in WT4, do it early at 60 if you want Bandwagon Bandwagon . But good luck finding someone to help with that negative Diablo-SMV equity.
I'm 60 and using the Ice Shards build. Currently in all sacred legendary. Right when I hit 60, I went into the capstone dungeon just to see how it felt for like 5 minutes. Didn't really feel any danger, but 2 of the first 3 groups I ran into were +health and it took longer than 3 seconds to faceroll everything, so I figured I'd wait a few levels to try again.
I did swap out some gear and rerolled a bunch of stuff just before I logged off last night, so maybe that moved me closer to being able to solo it at 60.

Swapping out the Frostblitz aspect for one with a better roll, then applying to the amulet slot seemed to be a big improvement for clearing, but some of the bosses are the ones that have been tripping me up. If Frost Nova doesn't freeze them, i have a bit of trouble.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
The problem with the last capstone isn't the dungeon, it's the last boss. He's a complete PITA if you are underlevelled and undergeared because he goes through phases with large amounts of adds that can overwhelm. If you are properly geared and high enough level, you can burn him down without him going through all the phases.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
The problem with the last capstone isn't the dungeon, it's the last boss. He's a complete PITA if you are underlevelled and undergeared because he goes through phases with large amounts of adds that can overwhelm. If you are properly geared and high enough level, you can burn him down without him going through all the phases.
Yeah I had gotten to him solo at like 60 / 61 and just couldn't kill him, the dungeon itself had some hard elites but otherwise wasnt that bad even with the level difference. My damage was pretty terrible at that point too but I was at least decently tanky.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Personally, it wouldnt take much to turn this from okay to amazing.

If they could fix the awful loot drop algorithm, add better essences / uniques for each class, and have some sort of purpose to higher level NMs aside from glyph xp, I think I would enjoy it a lot more.

It still would need a ton of QoL stuff, but I don't understand why they couldnt have better gear drop from harder nightmare dungeons, that alone seems like such an impossible thing to overlook. Yeah, lots of the enemy affixes suck, but if you had a better chance at upgrades I'd start running them.

That's the main thing, is the poor implementation of the treadmill.

Kill stuff - loot stuff. That's the loop.

But right now it takes too much time to kill stuff RELATIVE to the shitty drops.

In Diablo 2, drops were shitty, but killing things took seconds. What were Baal/Mephisto runs, like under a minute? So even though most of the time you didn't get shit, you didn't invest much time.

I can't comment on Diablo 3 since I haven't played it in years and I never really got into it after they took out the AH, but as I understand towards the end, loot drops were plenty, so maybe the game got too easy and people would just play for short periods of time each season.

In Diablo 4, they need to tighten the loot drops so the item level range is much narrower. Also at T4, 75% of the drops should be ancestral, if not more. No worse feeling than getting good stats on low level item you just vendor.

Also, let the players feel more powerful. I mean, I don't mind a challenge if I get rewarded for it. But I don't want to spend 5-10 minutes clearing a dungeon if I have nothing to show for it besides leveling my glyphs. Maybe they will bring in some of the D3 systems in the future as far as levelling gems, Horadric cube, etc....but as it stands, the rewards suck for the time we put in. I wouldn't feel as bad if I could clear the dungeon in 1-3 minutes because then I could run the content more frequently. It's like slot machine pulls, I want to do it quickly. Can you imagine if a slot machine was designed to spin only once every 5 minutes? You would just choose another machine.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm still confused as to why there are ~115 dungeons if there are only 7 tilesets and 8 bosses, with 3 different objectives. My wife and I have been joking about how many households in the Diablo universe don't keep their fucking bloodstones/ancient statues on their pedestals where they belong. Why are we interior decorators? Can we just go into the dungeon and kill shit? Also that Tomb Lord guy is everywhere, I'm worried we still haven't found his phylactery.

It's especially confusing because as far as I can tell, nightmare dungeons only use a small subset of the existing dungeons.

These devs are just garbage tier.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Also the Codex is such a dropped-ball situation. They created a very complicated system with the legendary aspect extraction/infusion shit, and it's entirely too cumbersome to use effectively currently. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Codex needs to give you the base minimum version of the aspect when you complete the dungeon, and then you need to be able to "infuse" the codex with higher rolled aspects as you find them. Holding on to so many legendaries for their aspects is such a pain in the ass, it's way worse than holding on to legendaries in D3 because everything is mix and match.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They should ditch the Codex shit all together forever.. they should learn from Diablo 2 - Rares should have the potential to be crazy retard good and have like 6 to 7 affixes on them and have the potential to be the best items ever if they drop right.. Uniques should have cool set affixes and alter play.. a mix of both should be the ideal gearing and open up countless build options.

Blizzard knows how to build shitty systems on top of shitty system and the Codex, extracting/adding aspects are two shitty systems pancaked up each others ass into full blown turbo aids.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Game might blow dick, shit might suck, faggots might infest the company, fat fucks and mustard holes might make shitty youtube talks, but at the end of the day Bobby Gets Fucking Paid.

64ku8nxr0ebb1.jpg

bobby-kotick-money-bags.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Also the Codex is such a dropped-ball situation. They created a very complicated system with the legendary aspect extraction/infusion shit, and it's entirely too cumbersome to use effectively currently. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Codex needs to give you the base minimum version of the aspect when you complete the dungeon, and then you need to be able to "infuse" the codex with higher rolled aspects as you find them. Holding on to so many legendaries for their aspects is such a pain in the ass, it's way worse than holding on to legendaries in D3 because everything is mix and match.
I like that idea, keep specific unique essences and let all the essences get slowly upgraded to a point. If they want to cockblock the highest rolls behind imprinting, fine, but that wouldn't affect 99% of the player base. I love it, make it happen, LOL

• 1Like