Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m triggered that no company has released a game representing all 31 genders recognized and protected by NYC. That would be a glorious character creation.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Vicarious Visions is like 5 devs that made the good Tony Hawk games. Blizzard is going to get maybe one decent game from them before they are burned the fuck out due to the insane crunch they going to force on them mixed with the worst fucking decision makers in the business.
And Crash Bandicoot. They seem to have done a good job on Diablo 2 but I'm not sure what is left for them unless they re-re master stuff. Also their CEO was the pay gap lady who noped out when she realised she was a token triple "minority" (female, half Asian, lesbian).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Vicarious Visions is like 5 devs that made the good Tony Hawk games. Blizzard is going to get maybe one decent game from them before they are burned the fuck out due to the insane crunch they going to force on them mixed with the worst fucking decision makers in the business.
They made tons of content for Destiny 2 and Bungie back when Bungie was still under Activision. And it was good shit they made and arguably brought Destiny 2 back from an early grave.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They made tons of content for Destiny 2 and Bungie back when Bungie was still under Activision. And it was good shit they made and arguably brought Destiny 2 back from an early grave.
I am half joking, VV is like 200 people but still don't mean shit when the people that oversee and direct the changes are incompetent. Point in fact Destiny has sucked ass since taken king, they took one of the greatest shooters and turned it into whatever it is now...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
As if immortal didn't tell you already where their priorities were.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

keywords here are:

in-game shop
game as a service
seasonal content

it's gonna be fucking trash
First off, if you thought this wasn't going to happen, you were very naive. Second, these keywords are used in plenty of games that are perfectly fine. Their "direct" competition, PoE, is all 3. Diablo 3 loosely fits all 3 boxes too. Many great games fit the boxes(for example Monster Hunter). What matters is how they used these functions, rather than having them at all. Yes I too played when most of these weren't a thing and you just bought a box and that was it, but nowadays it's just not, and yelling at the clouds about the good ole days(which was like 20+years ago now) is kind of a waste of time imo. I'll take a good game that has ingame purchases as long as the ingame purchases don't detract from my enjoyment directly(in MHW for example you can buy hairstyles and emotes, both of which I don't give a shit about). I'll take GaaS if it means I keep getting additional content at low or no cost(like most GaaS games do, rather than selling episodic content like say TESO does).

Now to be clear, that doesn't mean I expect D4 to be good. At this point, anyone with a brain should only wait for D4 to see if it's not as bad as it could be, rather than to see how good it is. It will likely be shit. It has a small chance to be ok. But it certainly wasn't going to be a "buy the box and just play" kind of thing. This hasn't been Blizzard since like, even before D3.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'll take GaaS if it means I keep getting additional content at low or no cost(like most GaaS games do, rather than selling episodic content like say TESO does).
First of all, any MMO with a monthly subscription is also a GaaS. And sadly, lots of money does not guarantee that the money will be spent for the game. Look how well that turned out for EQ, which printed money for SOE, who in turn invested all that money into successful products like "Free Realms".

Second, this is not a yes/no argument, but also kind of a very slippery slope, like Blizzard found out with Diablo Immortal. The game companies need to cater to the whales, and the whales can't feel powerless, or they just fuck off to the next game. The game also has to be designed in such a way that the non-paying plebs have to grind for at least twice the time for the same result as the paying customers. There is no other way for the company to make money off of "convenience".

In my opinion the biggest error in judgement for Blizzard was to make Diablo Immortal available on the PC, and now their PC only core audience saw for the very first time how the monetization for mobile games really works. And of course most of them feel disgusted. This will probably make it harder for Blizzard to sell D4.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Reddit is about to explode cause it wasn’t a paladin. Lmao.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck Paladin... where is my MONK! Damnit!

Anyway. 2023. Not worried about the Shop at all, it'll either be a nuthing-burger like PoE's Shop (and I'll play) or it'll be awful like Immortal (and I'll quit).

Edit: Necro main though for sure.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Fuck the paladin, them including druid is the real win. Crossplay between xbox and PC will be great along with the shared open world activities.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
That trailer looked great, and 2023 release date...But if there's even a whiff of immortal smh

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Good class selection. Now if they can just not drown the game in microtransaction bullshittery, that would be lovely.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They said all titles shown today would be released within the next 12 months so that's a heck of a statement.

*edit* looks like it will include PS5, they just conveniently didn't mention Playstation during the Xbox presentation (which does make sense)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That looks really fucking good. Real PvP? An open overworld with world bosses?

Looks like some weird cross between PoE, Diablo and Guild Wars, which sounds amazing.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Gameplay looks great, but that has never been the issue with Diablo, they just dumbed it down too much but looks like they are fixing that. I don't need a PoE tree either so paragon boards is a step in the right direction. If they keep micro transactions to cosmetics then who cares. Seasonal content is fine and actually a good thing to keep it fresh. If its lost ark without the p2w then hurray ill play the shit out of it.

• 1Like