Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I agree with Mist, the video makes it look really good. Especially for a game I was expecting to suck and not want to play at all

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Taking bets that Blizzard will monetize this in a way that is totally broken at launch, but will then dial it back 2-3 months after launch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Mist, the video makes it look really good. Especially for a game I was expecting to suck and not want to play at all
Exactly.

D3 was a huge letdown if you ask me, even if it did end up being a salvageable game (and also I made like 18k off it before it they fixed it, so there's that.)

The fact that all 5 classes are kinda samey-grimdark looking is the one drawback I see for D4 so far. I liked the flashy classes like Monk/Wizard/Templar in D3. All 5 classes in D4 so far have the same tribal/shamanistic look to them.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Taking bets that Blizzard will monetize this in a way that is totally broken at launch, but will then dial it back 2-3 months after launch.
They replied to this worry already. Full game cost at release, only cost in game will be cosmetic, anything else will be paid expansions.

Well they say that now, but... who knows. Maybe Immortal makes so much money execs gives orders to change that before release.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
They replied to this worry already. Full game cost at release, only cost in game will be cosmetic, anything else will be paid expansions.

Well they say that now, but... who knows. Maybe Immortal makes so much money execs gives orders to change that before release.
I don't think they will go the Immortal route with this game with monetization. They have too much riding on this to fuck it up like that. But like you said who knows.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am tempering my excitement. While it looks awesome and fun, I am way too worried what other things could be included to get involved at all. All I can do is wait and see.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gameplay looks great, but that has never been the issue with Diablo, they just dumbed it down too much but looks like they are fixing that. I don't need a PoE tree either so paragon boards is a step in the right direction. If they keep micro transactions to cosmetics then who cares. Seasonal content is fine and actually a good thing to keep it fresh. If its lost ark without the p2w then hurray ill play the shit out of it.
Yea. Just expect a Season Battle Pass though, filled with materials and a cosmetic. I am praying they do not add anything like Crests from Immortal (at least not paid crests with loot locked behind them).

I am torn about how the game looks graphically though. The animations all look good. The worlds color palette looks very bland, which I dislike, but then again having the world look like that makes the skill effects and various lighting effects really, really pop... which I love. Still very far away from a possible Beta test, but I hope they have one.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I expected them to go grimdark but didn't expect them to go full Diablo aesthetic.

This is a huge gamble for Blizzard. While the internet and the media would give them shit for going with a D3 aesthetic, at the end of the day the "core fans" that bitch about that shit are a small minority.

I think it was a mistake to cater to them in D4. I think its self-conscious of the D4 team that they don't want to endure the bashing and protests and the petitions to shelve D4 until it's graphics are changed. That's great, I'm glad they fear the player backlash. But this is probably giving up way too much ground to them.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The gore level and gothic aesthetic look too much even for a core Diablo fan-- due to the modern graphics.

People had sort of settled into D3, and let bygones be bygones with the beef over the art direction.

Knee jerk reaction from the designers in D4 and making it ultra fucking bloodfest grimdark super Elden Ring steroids Euro gothic isn't going to sell more boxes.

It simply isn't that popular. Blizzard was correct with D3-- as much as you don't want to say that.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That looks really fucking good. Real PvP? An open overworld with world bosses?

Looks like some weird cross between PoE, Diablo and Guild Wars, which sounds amazing.
They’re basically beta testing all this stuff with Diablo immortal, and it’s the worst parts of that game.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
No you're not. Just admit they overdid it.
No Way Meme GIF

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Shocked it looked as good as it did, I admit. Cautiously optimistic? Looks like modern Diablo aesthetically, step in right direction. Nobody wants d3 cartoon fagbot design

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, someone is always going to cry about it. Either its too cartoony and colorful or its too dark and grimy. You will never win. Welcome to humanity. They obviously went back to d2 style of dark and scary, its not going to change, just have to roll with it or don't.

I remember this board when D3 launched and how much whining there was about it being too bright and colorful, that they were trying to "WoWify" diablo.

• 2Like