Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm definitely waiting until the expac to pay them another $90 to play again.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
I gave this a try last night and started falling asleep before I even got to Kyovashad. I know it wasn't just me because I switched over to WoW and perked right up. Goddamn.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
How is it so far? I've only been able to play for 30 minutes. :(
Loot and leveling are 100% better. There has been serious effort that's gone into making the game way more player friendly. All of the bullshit affixes are gone, You can level all the way to 100 in just helltides, mob density is so much better. At least Kyovashad is better laid out, leveling seems to go really fast. All in all its a huge improvement over launch and the first couple of seasons. The moment to moment combat has never been an issue for me. It seems though they are finally trying to make the game and its system work for the players rather than "drive engagement" as a metric for shareholders.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
isn't the whole point of these games figuring out what's good based on what you have available?

That's how I've always approached the genre. Going for specific god-tier builds sounds like it could be fun, but the time comittment has always been way too prohibitive to take it seriously.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I spent some time on the game this morning after Brahma's suggestion fixed my graphical issue with the game. To put it simply, the itemization makes the game just.. a lot better. Tempering makes unorganized/shitty builds into at least powerful if you "really" dont want to use the websites. The horse is a night and day difference, and for whatever reason, that pause/slow I had with it, disappeared when I turn off that one setting, too.

But all that aside, ... I havent really seen the .. point? Of season 4? yet. Im going through the motions to get to the point where I can see the stuff I havent seen since I stopped playing in release, not even season 1. But yea, an unfortunate cope is that the expansion paired with all the changes they've made will probably make this game enjoyable.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This patch basically upped the game from a 4-5 to like a 6 at best. Better but still not that good.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Still looks, sounds, and plays best in class. Builds and progression are very lame compared to LE and PoE.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
But all that aside, ... I havent really seen the .. point? Of season 4? yet.

The effort went into fixing a lot of the core stuff. The seasonal Iron Dogs is just a basic quest chain and counterpart to better Hell Tides since it's tied into rewards and their mission. So you're not really missing the point.

Maybe they'll introduce companions this season, though, since they're mercs and all.

• 2Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All the changes made the game feel better. Maybe its a bit too easy now when leveling but I have not played enough to know if thats true. I bumped it up to WT2 and it felt a little better rather than everything melting by looking at them.

Its a fine ARPG for casuals like myself. Last Epoch felt the same, easy to understand and play. Theres always PoE for the other tier of players that need more complexity.

The only thing I would like to see is some sort of trade system that connects the community to trade various currency/crafting materials/gear.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This patch basically upped the game from a 4-5 to like a 6 at best. Better but still not that good.

Don't sell all that effort short they put in fixing the D4 mess. (Granted a mess of their own making)

Game was a 6, now an 8 for me. Game is solid at this point. They literally fixed every gripe I had minus the loot filter and MAYBE an auction how setup for easier trading. I think it was jayrebb jayrebb that pointed out identifiers on gear. It's noticeable now that I know what to look for, so even the loot filter has KINDA been addressed half ass?

I can not stress this enough. STAY in Helltides until like 70ish? Only breaking to hit nightmares to get those glyphs leveled. Helltides drop exp elixirs that are a couple points higher in exp gain. Bonus mob density items drop like crazy. USE THESE. Tons of exp from chests etc etc. Avoid the maiden until you spend all your shards BTW. Chances are you will die from just dumb players.

The leveling is now quite fun as far as grinding goes. Mostly because they throw everything at you in Helltides.

Oh! One thing of note. Not having to look at your gear to know if you already have an aspect on a particular piece of gear is NOICE.

Also, remember to use your seasonal rewards!

aaa.jpg

• 4Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The game is a lot better for sure, it still lacks meat (shit to do) per say, but mechanically it's sound now. The leveling experience is a lot smoother and the itemization is 200 percent better than at release. Make no mistake though, it took them THAT fucking long to get to the starting line. This is nothing to celebrate, this is how the fucking game should have been at release and go from there.

The biggest annoyance still remains for me..... the MAP really didn't have to look like fucking swiss cheese with fucking narrow paths and z level changes everyfucking where. What a fucking pain in the dick to navigate.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Would be cool if the next season is based around a player marketplace that evergreens. One can hope.

Since it’s the shit team they’ll probably go with a hamster that follows you around and gives words of encouragement while you fight demons.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hard to say which team will do next season since we didnt really get one this season and getting eternal to it's new state took everyone involved.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Would be cool if the next season is based around a player marketplace that evergreens. One can hope.

Since it’s the shit team they’ll probably go with a hamster that follows you around and gives words of encouragement while you fight demons.
You would hope that their peanut brains will connect that the Season 2 mechanic was popular and baking it into the main game for Season 4 is popular... so they will have another mechanic that's potentially evergreen.

Of course if they played PoE as fans of the genre they would already have known that.

The mechanic should be a Paragon Board improvement.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think with all the reworks and fixes they just didn't have the man/brain power to come up and implement a season theme.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Don't sell all that effort short they put in fixing the D4 mess. (Granted a mess of their own making)

Game was a 6, now an 8 for me. Game is solid at this point.
If this games an 8 then no offense but you have very low standards. There is fuck all to do in the game. It's almost quite literally just helltides. That is legit 90% of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If this games an 8 then no offense but you have very low standards. There is fuck all to do in the game. It's almost quite literally just helltides. That is legit 90% of the game.

Ehhhh. Helltides until you hit 70ish. I'm now stuck in Nightmares and The Pit.

As for my standards, it's an ARPG. I want hordes or mobs coming at me to die. They have this in spades and the combat feels great doing so.

I want a couple workable builds per class, and QOL needs to be good to great. They are there now.

This games biggest issue is now content like you and others are saying, and more builds/classes.

• 4Like