marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

The panic from barbs before they caught the oops in the notes was pretty funny

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Good on Blizz for not doing nerfs during the season, PoE was always more or less good about it and its a good trait to copy.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
MW being cheaper is nice, but the cost to reset is still absurd. It should at least cost less if you reset at 4 or 8.

The extreme ramp up of enchanting cost at ilvl 925 is insane too.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
We've talked about a fair bit of things they have improved upon on this game since release and regardless of any improvements they may have made or maybe will make the biggest issue at the moment is how piss poor dog shit this game runs over 1/2 the fucking time. The amount of hidden walls, rubber banding, and other retard American Inventor shit probably because they are too fucking stupid to code the game right so it's probably loading up about 10,000 fucking things it doesn't fucking need to like random dick American Inventor 02's stash space or whatever poorly coded nonsense they added. Makes the game fucking unplayable.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
We've talked about a fair bit of things they have improved upon on this game since release and regardless of any improvements they may have made or maybe will make the biggest issue at the moment is how piss poor dog shit this game runs over 1/2 the fucking time. The amount of hidden walls, rubber banding, and other retard American Inventor shit probably because they are too fucking stupid to code the game right so it's probably loading up about 10,000 fucking things it doesn't fucking need to like random dick American Inventor 02's stash space or whatever poorly coded nonsense they added. Makes the game fucking unplayable.
Are you playing on an old Gateway?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
On Series X turning off cross play helped a ton. Before that was rough loading into world bosses or hell tides. Bonus: no more oriental chicken scratch names. Still too many players around that world bosses die in seconds, but sometimes have to solo legions.

Vorph

PC doesn't get any of that aside from that day they broke the whole game with a hotfix. They specifically mentioned the invisible wall thing being something they're addressing for consoles, so it'll probably be in the patch next week.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are you playing on an old Gateway?
I'm getting regular crashes and the occasional rubber banding/invisible walls on PS5.

I'll take the occasional crash in something ambitious and technically challenging like Cyberpunk, there's no excuse for reskinned Diablo 3 code.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
PC doesn't get any of that aside from that day they broke the whole game with a hotfix. They specifically mentioned the invisible wall thing being something they're addressing for consoles, so it'll probably be in the patch next week.

PC gets plenty of it, although it seems to depend on the time when I am playing. Sometimes I'll log on and shit will run smooth as butter othertimes it's straight up turbo aids and it's all because Blizzard are fucking failures of the highest degree.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Tried to pity roll some tempers. Not sure what's confirmation bias or just bad luck, but long story short I now have two shitty rings with maxed curse damage and two good rings bricked. The tempering system was an improvement, but makes uniques much less valuable when it works well and is absolute shit all the times it's bricking items with no way to reset.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Figured out invisible walls.

Helltide is phased, so invisible walls are those bone roadblocks which are in the non phased version of the map.

So yeah, shitty coding.

Vorph

Tried to pity roll some tempers. Not sure what's confirmation bias or just bad luck, but long story short I now have two shitty rings with maxed curse damage and two good rings bricked. The tempering system was an improvement, but makes uniques much less valuable when it works well and is absolute shit all the times it's bricking items with no way to reset.
Yeah, I had two amulets with the right stats and ok rolls on my druid and bricked both with 12 straight fails on damage to distant targets.

Druid is also the first time I've run into the problem with aspects. I got Calm Breeze from the dungeon and then it finally dropped again on a ring at like rank 3 twenty hours later, but with it being the main source of damage in the build not having it maxed is a major pain in the ass. Just can't get it no matter how many amulet/ring chests I open in helltide or obols I waste gambling on rings.

Figured out invisible walls.

Helltide is phased, so invisible walls are those bone roadblocks which are in the non phased version of the map.

So yeah, shitty coding.
You sure you're not talking about the hellworm bug? They stick around for basically the whole hour when it happens. It's in the patch notes to be fixed in 1.4.1.

• Fixed an issue where Hellworms could sometimes leave behind invisible walls after disappearing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
You sure you're not talking about the hellworm bug? They stick around for basically the whole hour when it happens. It's in the patch notes to be fixed in 1.4.1.

• Fixed an issue where Hellworms could sometimes leave behind invisible walls after disappearing.
I've seen that too. I recognised the wall locations as those ambush spots, but could just be a coincidence. Anyway the game just crashed so time for bed I guess lol.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I saw a hellworm stick around, but petrified. Was kinda cool. Couldn't walk through it, but better than invisible wall.

Oh to answer something that came up. I don't know if crit percent and damage are vital for any necro builds, but doing a mist/shadow once my lucky hit got high enough started doing crit and helped a lot with damage from the x'fal dd and crippling darkness. No mega overpower crits that delete bosses, but get good extra damage and makes my minions crit I think. Regular corpse explosion was big crits, but like the dot style still.

• 1Like

Burns

So, to make sure I'm not missing anything, the only permanent thing the last tier (Destroyer) of the seasonal journey rewards are 2 extra words in the title selection screen?

I switched the wind sheer druid build, and it was much better than the always out of mana on bosses tornado build, but the amount of grinding to get the gear leveled up to kill tormented level 200 bosses is far too much for me.

Also, popsicledeath popsicledeath , regarding an earlier post about leaving legos laying around in Helltides, I think as long as you pick the items up, then drop them, they will stay until you come back to pick them up. I didn't try leaving 50+ items on the ground when a Helltide despawned, but I have left form yellows to vendor, that were still there when porting back. I did start to just drop all non-star legos and yellows on the ground, when a killing Maiden, then make ~3 trips to the bank, once the 15 min mark hit. So 60+ items sitting around stayed there as I ported to town and back.

• 1Like

Goatface

think someone was taking about not get stygian stones, seems wudijo is having bad rng, guess he went over 0 for 30+ pit runs recently

he says the chance to drop ubers for duriel and andariel is 2%, tormented 10% and small bosses 0.5%, tormented 2.5% (best guesstimates). i thought small tormented bosses were higher.

he also says he has not gotten any greater affixes uniques off the small bosses. he doesn't give hard numbers, but does say he ran 30 beast in ice and 50 grigoire yesterday.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
think someone was taking about not get stygian stones, seems wudijo is having bad rng, guess he went over 0 for 30+ pit runs recently

he says the chance to drop ubers for duriel and andariel is 2%, tormented 10% and small bosses 0.5%, tormented 2.5% (best guesstimates). i thought small tormented bosses were higher.

he also says he has not gotten any greater affixes uniques off the small bosses. he doesn't give hard numbers, but does say he ran 30 beast in ice and 50 grigoire yesterday.

I speed run 90’s have 2k of the mats, was getting zero stones, switched to 100 still nothing.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I speed run 90’s have 2k of the mats, was getting zero stones, switched to 100 still nothing.

Another way to getting stones it to just power level another character get the helltide rep bullshit and even get a spark,, but it's too gay to do that for me.

• 1Like