Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Burns

I prefer Maiden if there's a lot of people killing her within seconds of spawn, especially if I get a group invite. If there's only a couple people at the spot I think you're better off running around.
You can fish for maiden groups by "realm" hopping. Run out to the summoning area, then either relog or town portal then back should put you in a new instance. Even if I only pick up Legendries, I usually have to go back to town after about 15 minutes. A full Helltide only doing Maiden (w/ last 6-8 minutes running to the 4 big chests) has netted me around 3 bank tabs of Legendries once, but usually it's also a little over 2 tabs (100 slots). I've also lost over 500 helltide currency in a single death doing this... on more than one occasion.

I've not seen a 3 star Lego, but I'm not 100. I have picked up 2, maybe 3, two stars, but they were probably all below 925 ilevel.

PS. you said uniques, but I assume you mean Legos for the 100 per Helltide

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can fish for maiden groups by "realm" hopping. Run out to the summoning area, then either relog or town portal then back should put you in a new instance. Even if I only pick up Legendries, I usually have to go back to town after about 15 minutes. A full Helltide only doing Maiden (w/ last 6-8 minutes running to the 4 big chests) has netted me around 3 bank tabs of Legendries once, but usually it's also a little over 2 tabs (100 slots). I've also lost over 500 helltide currency in a single death doing this... on more than one occasion.

I've not seen a 3 star Lego, but I'm not 100. I have picked up 2, maybe 3, two stars, but they were probably all below 925 ilevel.

Yeah, that's about what I get in a normal run. It's usually two full inventories from drops while farming maiden, then I spend the last 10-15 minutes riding around opening boxes for another full load.

And yeah, uniques was definitely a brain fart.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Gave it another go now and I was evaporating Duriel/Andariel by lv75. Up to lv85 grinding Nightmare dungeons for glyph exp, which is much better than standing by the Helltide boss.

Made my summon build as basic and braindead as possible and it's doing more damage. Really want to add in a skill because Blight +20% damage debuff is boring, but oh well...

Seems like you want to do Helltide until about lv60-70 when you can beat an enemy level lv100 Nightmare, then farm Nightmares because max item level gear drops, then switch back to Helltide at lv90 because Profane Mindcage will give lv100 enemies there too.

Just not sure where rifts fit in, there is a currency to enter right? So just do it when you have enough for Masterworking mats? Done two so far and seems pretty boring. I feel like Shapeshifter Druid is best for clear speed, my Necromancer has a lot of run speed but summons don't keep up.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
What type of minion build are you running? I'm thinking about remaking a necro just to get the experience I was hoping for when I originally played it.

There are powerful necro builds that are still fun and not just the overpowered, boring minion builds. Even some end game builds that go without minions.

I'm having a blast with a shadow build where my minions aren't that buffed themselves, just support to create corpses and proc cooldown reductions and cc as I mostly invuln mist around popping corpses and lucky hit procs. It actually requires paying some attention and button order, with a bit of challenge, but is actually fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

God damn there are some real smooth brainers out there. I was doing BM myself, some dipshit ran in and trained the fireballs on me and killed us both. Then he proceeded to die 6-7 times, not understanding to move when the fireball ring appears.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

server go boom
I thought since I was still in the overworld, everything was fine, but nope, burnt an easy key on infinite loading screen... then get back in and since the overworld is up, I think everything must be fine, so burn an average key on infinite loading screen...

Vorph

1716428289150.png

...by making it so that no one can leave town.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I got a Doombringer, I should be excited to get an Uber Unique of any item. Unfortunately, I don't think any build uses it so it's probably turbo ass. :honkler:

Vorph

I got a Doombringer, I should be excited to get an Uber Unique of any item. Unfortunately, I don't think any build uses it so it's probably turbo ass. :honkler:
Thorns barb is the only one I've seen use Doombringer. Can't imagine playing that though, it can one-shot bosses but looks terrible for everything else.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also I know I said this about Diablo 3 and honestly it holds true for any ARPG, any of these games that scale numbers up until the billions was designed by a full blown retard American Inventor faggot. There is zero reason any of these things ever need to go into the 100's of thousands even.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Well as usual these dick cheese wankers have fucked their own game up, again. It is playing like it did at launch. If i hit another invisible wall...

Basically unplayable for me since the latest hot fix. Actually every fix this season has negatively effected my gameplay.

• 1Like

Burns

Seems like you want to do Helltide until about lv60-70 when you can beat an enemy level lv100 Nightmare, then farm Nightmares because max item level gear drops, then switch back to Helltide at lv90 because Profane Mindcage will give lv100 enemies there too.
Depends on what you want, probably. I just counted ilev925 drops after doing half a helltide (chain maiden): at level 85 w/o a mindcage, 40% of the Legos I'm getting are 925. So, if your goal is gear, is there any other way to get 40+ ilev925 legos per hour before hitting 100 (90 w/ mindcage)?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Thorns barb is the only one I've seen use Doombringer. Can't imagine playing that though, it can one-shot bosses but looks terrible for everything else.
Nah shits fun. I almost have mine to 100 and I'm just leaping everywhere smashing. It's like your the hulk and shit just dies when you land. bosses are boring kills though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can't find an answer to this anywhere...

Does Intelligence scale all Necromancer minion damage? Class main stat is +all damage right?

I assume it does but I'm worried that it may only scale mages.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have not started master crafting so I dont know how that works with materials. I got a surplus of most materials besides gold and gem fragments. Gems feel like they need better droprate unless the pit gives you way more fragments.

I got 1 max of the Rubys crafted and then out of materials.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have not started master crafting so I dont know how that works with materials. I got a surplus of most materials besides gold and gem fragments. Gems feel like they need better droprate unless the pit gives you way more fragments.

I got 1 max of the Rubys crafted and then out of materials.

I have like 20-45k of each crafting mat. Gems. Have made a whopping total of 5 royal gems at 100NM and 65+ Pit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Biggest problem with gems is that they don't start dropping in 200-250 stacks until you're like level 90, and the only good source of the purple glow mobs that drop gems is from open world/ Helltide. Which you probably aren't doing a ton of by that point because you need NMDs and Pit...

And of course it's extra retarded because there's no conversion recipe and you need like 50000 rubies, 20000-40000 topazes/emeralds, and 30000 diamonds, but 0 of everything else.

Last edited:

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I have not started master crafting so I dont know how that works with materials.

It's a shitty slog with the same frustrating RNG mechanic that seems to know what you want so it can do the opposite.

Not sure if I'm just not doing the pit enough because it's boring, but I've gotten enough to do the 25% improvement twice in an item and improve the two least desirable attributes. My favorite was adding 25% to a plus 2 skill is still just two. Maybe if it hits again it will round up to 3? Something to look forward to!

It's like I see a ton of people desperate for any plus to golem skill on chest. It's not something I need or ever saw until people mentioned it here. Now I've got 5 of them in storage and seen it often enough during enchanting rerolls that I've thought to make a golem build so I can finally get some rolls I actually want.

Vorph

It's a shitty slog with the same frustrating RNG mechanic that seems to know what you want so it can do the opposite.

Not sure if I'm just not doing the pit enough because it's boring, but I've gotten enough to do the 25% improvement twice in an item and improve the two least desirable attributes. My favorite was adding 25% to a plus 2 skill is still just two. Maybe if it hits again it will round up to 3? Something to look forward to!
That's why people want the * on their +skill roll so bad. When you masterwork it a single hit takes it to 4 and then you can pray that RNGesus hits stuff like CDR, IAS, movement speed, etc. for the other two.

But since mw uses the same weightings as enchanting what actually happens is that it hits main stat, +life, or +armor nearly every time if those stats are on the item.

Also, it's worth noting that the mage build with golem sacrificed appears to be the strongest of all the necro variants. It requires a bit different gearing, something to look into if you haven't fully committed to a different setup.

It's like I see a ton of people desperate for any plus to golem skill on chest. It's not something I need or ever saw until people mentioned it here. Now I've got 5 of them in storage and seen it often enough during enchanting rerolls that I've thought to make a golem build so I can finally get some rolls I actually want.
Christ... in a couple thousand rolls from drops and enchants across the slots that can roll golem or mage mastery I have never once seen either. Only seen Hellbent Commander a couple times on amulet too, once was a useless +1 and the other was a +2 that came with two other shit stats (and the blacksmith bricked both anyway).

• 1Like