Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Play the beta consumer! Receive your prize!

N43ZLDK6HAMM1677608077080.gif

Every time I think about getting it I look at the prices/tiers and just nope out.
Fuck this noise.
View attachment 462190

Unlock plus 20 Tier Skips? Wait, this game has HARD SKIPS?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
???

Has there been a battlepass released in the past 5 years that didn't let you buy tiers to unlock it faster for the rich casuals?

Juvarisx

Florida
Unlock plus 20 Tier Skips? Wait, this game has HARD SKIPS?

ITs a carbon copy of the Lost Ark battlepass, the premium pass is likely all cosmetic, the 20 level skips just lets you get the cosmetics faster but it will probably take a few weeks to a month to complete it even without the skip.

Really the only failure cosmetic battlepass i have seen is the PoE Kirac's Vault one since its tied to specific items and mystery boxes. Oh one is also for Hateforge so really you get one less since you will never fidn that item lol.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
ITs a carbon copy of the Lost Ark battlepass, the premium pass is likely all cosmetic, the 20 level skips just lets you get the cosmetics faster but it will probably take a few weeks to a month to complete it even without the skip.

Will I have to look up these skips on youtube or something? Is it a soft skip or hard skip?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Will I have to look up these skips on youtube or something? Is it a soft skip or hard skip?

Here is how the Lost Ark one looks

1678300120910.png

So there are levels to the battle pass and you get something on each with better rewards on the 5's. Now D4's having player power will be surprising so ignore the lvl 1 rewards shown here, but on the bottom right you will see as a free pass you get to choose between two rewards, and if you have the premium pass you get a bonus. On the 5's the premium reward is usually a cosmetic. The 20 level skip just means you get to level 20 immediately and all the rewards for those levels instantly. Really it just saves like 2 weeks or so? Its not a big deal but it lets people show off cosmetics before everyone has em I guess, I never bought a skip in Lost Ark.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
P2W from the makers of diablo immortal? Oh boy

Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by Vevo

Edit: just read Juvarisx Juvarisx post. I still remain extremely skeptical.

Unless NetEase made D4 no not really, this game having a battlepass has been known forever. What isn't known is if it will be cosmetic only shop like PoE or player power like Lost Ark (more unlikely). Really each season having a battlepass to fund dedicated D4 team for future seasons is fine. Hell PoE has expensive shiny cosmetics to do the exact same. You could argue that PoE is free, but I really should go through it some day to see how much I spent on tabs in that game, I bet its close to $70 with all the special ones lol.

Edit. 1080 coins for all the specialty tabs + 6 premium tabs bundle so you can actually sell stuff + 1 quad . Granted you get coins via supporter packs so you would have to buy the $100 supporter pack + $10 in coins to get a workable set of tabs for a serious PoE player.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unless NetEase made D4 no not really, this game having a battlepass has been known forever. What isn't known is if it will be cosmetic only shop like PoE or player power like Lost Ark (more unlikely). Really each season having a battlepass to fund dedicated D4 team for future seasons is fine. Hell PoE has expensive shiny cosmetics to do the exact same. You could argue that PoE is free, but I really should go through it some day to see how much I spent on tabs in that game, I bet its close to $70 with all the special ones lol.

Edit. 1080 coins for all the specialty tabs + 6 premium tabs bundle so you can actually sell stuff + 1 quad . Granted you get coins via supporter packs so you would have to buy the $100 supporter pack + $10 in coins to get a workable set of tabs for a serious PoE player.
P2W is a spectrum on the disease known as Gaming as a service. Poe is my limit and even then it's only because I got in early and my sunk cost fallacy is strong. I agree that if you have seasonal content you need a way to fund it and cosmetics are fine, as well as a little qol. I don't mind paying 20 to 60 bucks a season as long as the value is there. Lost ark is past my limit and if I sniff that in d4 I won't spend a dime.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That's only half true. All this hate-filled outrage screaming only pertains to a handful of games/companies.

Yes. With those handful of games/companies deserving it. This particular company for obvious reasons. Similar in scope to Bioware which no one gives a flying fuck about any longer but followed the same pattern.

Granted I haven't read the entire BG3 thread but I haven't seen anyone in there crying about how outrageous it is that it's been sold as early access for years.

Because Larian games doesn't have a shit reputation and BG3 is a solid title being built as they go and knew they needed funding and used it wisely. Anymore apples to oranges comparisons? Jesus Christ bud.

Your money, I couldn't care less. Like Penance Penance I'll stop with this back and forth and grab some popcorn and watch this fucker derail into a hate thread after this game launches.

• 1Worf

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Just because we all probably have lots of expendable income doesn't mean some of us just throw cash at something, getting mediocre at best entertainment value due to the hours played from a company not worth a shit. That is the most useless justification to mediocre at best entertainment dollar > value I have ever seen (Subjective value here obviously), and usually rears its' head only in video games and carries with it stupid analogies of bars or food or "nights out on the town".

We all have the expendable income to hire a vegas hooker super model to jam our dick into a blender. It doesn't mean you are going to choose that option and say "Well shit, I could have spent the same with my wife at Edge Steakhouse. Fun times bros!"

Carry on.

If by any chance you were responding to me, let me make it clear when I say $70 isn't a lot of money these days for a video game, I'm not talking specifically about Diablo IV. I just mean in general. With inflation these days I think it's silly to complain that $70 is too much for a video game.

As with anything else, you decide where you want to spend your money. Some of you stupidly spent money on Diablo mobile and shouldn't really complain.

Overall I agree with you. I rarely spend any money on video games, especially now that PS Essential has released so many good games for free.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
P2W is a spectrum on the disease known as Gaming as a service. Poe is my limit and even then it's only because I got in early and my sunk cost fallacy is strong. I agree that if you have seasonal content you need a way to fund it and cosmetics are fine, as well as a little qol. I don't mind paying 20 to 60 bucks a season as long as the value is there. Lost ark is past my limit and if I sniff that in d4 I won't spend a dime.
If there is no player power in the shop then spending $70 on an AAA game in a genre I like isn't too big of an ask. Will I buy battlepasses? Maybe. I sometimes buy skins if I like em but rarely.

I agree with you though if this ends up like lost ark where you are at a disadvantage if you dont spend since the gear mechanic is total aids then nah I wont buy the game. Its why pre-ordering this is dumb, even for the beta. The shop and battlepass will not bne in the beta, I am waiting until the game releases.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If by any chance you were responding to me, let me make it clear when I say $70 isn't a lot of money these days for a video game, I'm not talking specifically about Diablo IV. I just mean in general. With inflation these days I think it's silly to complain that $70 is too much for a video game.

As with anything else, you decide where you want to spend your money. Some of you stupidly spent money on Diablo mobile and shouldn't really complain.

Overall I agree with you. I rarely spend any money on video games, especially now that PS Essential has released so many good games for free.

I can totally agree with that. I do not complain about a game being 70 being too much for a game. :) I just personally laugh my ass off when I see people blindly defend a shit company and use that entertainment to dollar analogy hoping it won't be shit but even if it is, it won't matter because they rubbed one off with their controller and a cheese grater for 60 hours so feel they got their money's worth while hating every second of it."Welp, I could have gone to the bar and humped the fat girl and woke up in puke and a firm dick rash after drinking 70 bucks worth of Old Milwaukee's best, to each their own!"

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just because we all probably have lots of expendable income doesn't mean some of us just throw cash at something, getting mediocre at best entertainment value due to the hours played from a company not worth a shit. That is the most useless justification to mediocre at best entertainment dollar > value I have ever seen (Subjective value here obviously), and usually rears its' head only in video games and carries with it stupid analogies of bars or food or "nights out on the town".

We all have the expendable income to hire a vegas hooker super model to jam our dick into a blender. It doesn't mean you are going to choose that option and say "Well shit, I could have spent the same with my wife at Edge Steakhouse. Fun times bros!"

Carry on.
You fucking holding out on me here?

Where can I get a supermodel hooker for $70?

• 1Double Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yes. With those handful of games/companies deserving it. This particular company for obvious reasons. Similar in scope to Bioware which no one gives a flying fuck about any longer but followed the same pattern.
So you admit you're outraged because you don't like Blizzard and not because preorder systems in and of themselves are "bad"?
Because Larian games doesn't have a shit reputation and BG3 is a solid title being built as they go and knew they needed funding and used it wisely. Anymore apples to oranges comparisons? Jesus Christ bud.
They sold an unfinished game but you like them so it's ok if they do the thing you say is horrible for other companies to do. Or is it because they sold BG3 multiple years before the game was even close to finished so it's totally different from offering pre-order bonuses on a game that is presumably already basically finished?

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Video games do cost money to make.

It's really debatable, sure these AAA companies SPEND a ton to make their games but I would argue that their teams are filled with bloat they could cut at little to no reduction in quality.

Blizzard didn't invent the wheel with Diablo 3 / Immortal / Diablo 4, they made a successor to a franchise that already prints them money. They can realistically count on the fact that people will always buy their games. What was the revenue estimate on Immortal too, wasn't it like 100m in the first month of micro-transactions?

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I have little problem justifying early access money to a small dev studio for a promising game. I bristle at full price pre-orders / early access for AAA dev studios though.

As far as D4, once it comes out if it's getting good reviews on here I'll probably get it eventually. Blizzard has long ago lost my early hype interest and pre-order money though.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
So you admit you're outraged because you don't like Blizzard and not because preorder systems in and of themselves are "bad"?

They sold an unfinished game but you like them so it's ok if they do the thing you say is horrible for other companies to do. Or is it because they sold BG3 multiple years before the game was even close to finished so it's totally different from offering pre-order bonuses on a game that is presumably already basically finished?
They sold early access to a completely known and described part of the game in the exact manner as they had done with their previous game to good effect. People bought it early, because it is a proven strat for that studio and/ or they wanted to be involved with the polishing that they do.

• 1Truth!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Oh I do not care much about preorders if I am getting the game anyway - so yes you are right. I hate Blizzard - you are right again!

BG3 was advertised completely in the beginning to be early access from a very bare minimum with warnings about such. Are you being obtuse on purpose because it's listed right on the front page.

Will I enjoy BG3 in Early Access?
Having been in Early Access for a while, Baldur’s Gate 3 is a relatively stable experience with many hours of content. However, though we incrementally add classes and features in the lead-up to launch, it contains approximately 1/3rd of the game.

They also let you know what is coming (Regardless if it has been for a while or not, it's right there)

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?​

“The full release of BG3 will include all of the classes and races, and most of the spells and skills contained in the D&D Player’s Handbook, as well as Act 2 & Act 3 of the story of Baldur’s Gate 3.”

A release target for launch:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?​

“Baldur’s Gate 3 releases August 31, 2023.”

Maybe I missed something here in our little tit for tat. Are you saying an open beta preorder bonus in the state Blizzard is in (A bunch of talentless whiney ass mentally unstable fucks who can't be half assed to hold onto a job in QA because their talent cannot even encompass filling out a 5 minute bug report without getting carpal tunnel and saying their hand got raped or their keyboard was racist) relying on the public to do their QA for them and paying for that on top of it - - equates to a well reputable publisher who needed the funds to make the game they wanted, launched a game early access, told everyone what the deal was about it, and gave them timelines and welcomed all their input on development for the final launch?

I have not purchased BG3 yet because I am waiting for the full game to launch. But if I was really passionate about it, I wouldn't have any qualms with myself or others who want to be a part of the development process. And they lay it out.

Also who said D4 is unfinished? I never said that. I do not know, nor care, what state it is in. What I find hilarious is what Blizzard has become bending to these mentally retarded jackoffs to the point they need to have the public test their game for them because their "employees" are protesting the office doesn't have gender neutral bathrooms or they actually have to show up to the office so people can see how worthless they really are, as the consumer does their job for them and these idiots somehow manage to stay employed.

Last edited: