Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Think they gonna make a bait/switch and not have her as the primary bad guy. You may have to side with her. Who knows Inarius may have gone mad after being imprisoned for all those years and turns out as the bad guy.

I did read a leak stating this time around we will be siding with the demons and the angel's are the bad guys cause they want to cleanse Sanctuary of all humans.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
That is sorta what I want to see, an "evil" Nephalem that we as the MC need to deal with, since as far as I know, we've never had to do that before (outside of a "test").

If I remember right there was a 2nd expansion planned after RoS(It's even hinted at the end of it), the Neph would eventually have too choose which side they wanted to be on..

Lillith back is kinda interesting but wonder if she's coming back too take Sanctuary back or too clean up what's left of heaven, or too remove the (lock? don't remember what it's called) that heaven placed on the Neph's..

Last edited:

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
If they get everything else right and I buy the game I truly expect the first quest to be the player going into Hell and bringing Deckard Cain out into the world of the living again.

Isn't that dude in the d4 trailer Cains brother?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm curious how Blizz will make Lilith be the "bad guy", considering her existing lore. If they set her up as wanting to cull the weak from humanity, and rule the rest while shutting Sanctuary off from Heaven / Hell, that would make a bit of sense? Then we would be sent to Hell to free the only "accessible" Angel: Inarius, in hopes of him once again banishing Lilith (which I doubt he could since he should be much, much weaker now).
THE CORRUPTION

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You are patently wrong. The graphics may be dated but this is the best cutscene that they ever produced for Diablo.

So after watching both and taking in the tone, theme, and setting; ask yourself which one came from a gothic horror themed game and which one came from an MMORPG?

Its a no-contest.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm curious how Blizz will make Lilith be the "bad guy", considering her existing lore. If they set her up as wanting to cull the weak from humanity, and rule the rest while shutting Sanctuary off from Heaven / Hell, that would make a bit of sense? Then we would be sent to Hell to free the only "accessible" Angel: Inarius, in hopes of him once again banishing Lilith (which I doubt he could since he should be much, much weaker now).

She was already raving insane when Inarius banished her....and she had gone insane because she saw a future where her children were made extinct by the forces of heaven and hell. So even if she had somehow become sane during her banishment, the circumstances she returns to would make her insane again right quick.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
But Rathma brought her back. Is he trying to balance out something or has he lost his shit as well?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Have they confirmed that's supposed to be Rathma? I never read the novels but he fits the description from the wiki. Would make sense since Rathma was one of the very first Nephalem, along with Bul-Kathos, Alaric and the druid guy.

If that IS Rathma then maybe he just needs her to bring back Inarius back from hell then, regardless how crazy she is, to redress some imbalance.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I did read a leak stating this time around we will be siding with the demons and the angel's are the bad guys cause they want to cleanse Sanctuary of all humans.
If I remember right there was a 2nd expansion planned after RoS(It's even hinted at the end of it), the Neph would eventually have too choose which side they wanted to be on..

I didn't really know much of this, but when I heard PvP was coming back; my immediate thought was that they were going to push you in either direction for allegiance; other than thinking PvP won't make it in. I just can't see them allowing it to go in unexplained unlike good ol' gladiatorial combat outside the rogue encampment, or even the hostile ganking/corpse popping life. As mentioned before -ish, d1 and d2 just felt off the roll that it was some humans beating down big evil.. then d3 came in doing this whole book of revelations(i think?) vibe, and they're gonna keep running with that.

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
So, is it bad Id still rather have a D4 first-person loot shooter than this?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
POE lore is a cluster fuck like their mammoth skill tree.

The poe skill tree's a thing of beauty. Beats being wizard number 56302 in the same shitty armour set with the same abilities as 99.9% of the population.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of you are really that brainwashed that it's okay to defile the greatness of the Diablo 1 story. Sad.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'd play D2 again if I still had the account. I'm not paying $20 for it. I lost my CD's and whatever account info I used at the time.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Diablo 1 had a story?

It started all the great lore that is being destroyed? The reason there's so much (or used to be so much) hype for Diablo from die hard gamers?

• 1Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Diablo 1 had a story?
i think it was, diablo and his two bros were bad evils, somehow they put their souls into stones? the king is crazy and trying to put the diablo soulstone into his son, then himself, you win and realize you gotta stick it in your own head to contain the evil.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It started all the great lore that is being destroyed? The reason there's so much (or used to be so much) hype for Diablo from die hard gamers?
I'm sure the average gamer, even hardcore gamer, couldn't tell you much at all about the Diablo storyline in general, much less the specific story from Diablo 1. Diablo 2 had more (or maybe I just played it more) but in general it wasn't an integral part of the game. Diablo 3 lore is just convoluted nonsense.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure the average gamer, even hardcore gamer, couldn't tell you much at all about the Diablo storyline in general, much less the specific story from Diablo 1. Diablo 2 had more (or maybe I just played it more) but in general it wasn't an integral part of the game. Diablo 3 lore is just convoluted nonsense.

What do you think about this game only being ooti? Would you prefer an offline mode?