Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Hard for me to watch this kind of video at face value and not be like "so... x from d2 and y from d3 are going to be in this game" when they talk about various things as if they're groundbreaking/new/fascinating so I won't rag on it for that... but man, those in-game graphics and animations did not do anything for me and I hope that's not the finished product.

I really wonder if the claim to fame is gunna be the open-esque world and, on the hardware side, actual 3d objects instead of isometric objects.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
If anyone on Earth thinks I hack and slash my way through a Diablo game considering whether or not the waterfalls are caused by glacial melt in another zone, they need to have their fucking head examined. What a nutso thing to care about.

Also, I do have trouble counting to five but didn't they mention steppes/desert zones twice? And maybe two swamps also? So...three zones?

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If anyone on Earth thinks I hack and slash my way through a Diablo game considering whether or not the waterfalls are caused by glacial melt in another zone, they need to have their fucking head examined. What a nutso thing to care about.

Also, I do have trouble counting to five but didn't they mention steppes/desert zones twice? And maybe two swamps also? So...three zones?
Well there's the swamp, and then the evil swamp, and then the poison swamp, and then the tentacle swamp.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
What a nutso thing to care about.

What, were you not sold the value of these places by the emo goth dude and the butch lesbian?

I wish I could like Path of Exile, I just can't get into it. Diablo needs some solid competition.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
I'd bet that dude with the earrings has 100% roofied a girl or two in his time.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What, were you not sold the value of these places by the emo goth dude and the butch lesbian?

I wish I could like Path of Exile, I just can't get into it. Diablo needs some solid competition.
Try grim dawn :)

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

Desert, snowy zone, swampy zone and whatever the 4th was. A2, A3 and A5 from a previous Diablo game would be desert, swamp, snowy mountainy. Probably safe to assume the other one would be the new and exciting totally not a copy of A1 zone themes from said game. Probably safe to assume the 5th zone that I didn't hear mention of is the fiery pits of hell to round it out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
While it doesn't look as good as it could or should be it does look better than D2R and D3 so meh. The game is obviously worth trying for the open beta so as long as it at least shows some promise during that I'll be playing it. The graphics look fine so it's really just a matter of if the gameplay loop and class designs/itemization are fun.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Don't know why people think they need to be in beta to give feedback. Take D3, add in modern day battle-pass and monetization strategies. There you have D4. If you still play D3 and love spending money in uninspired copy-paste ways, sounds like you will be happy.

• 6Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To play devils advocate, Dragonflight has been good. Maybe theres hope.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I guess I'm in he minority here, but I honestly can't wait for D4.

I don't care about groundbreaking next gen bullshit, so seeing how the game looks and feels, and what the feature set will be, has me very happy. As long as I can adjust my graphics settings to get rid of the shitty plastic/shiney look of everything I will be happy. i look forward to petting all the dogs...

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 11 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No preorder and have not followed it at all. Diablo is my weakness though. D1 was the game that started the decent into forsaking friends and going all into gaming, later replaced by EQ.

Will probably buy it due to not having much else to play. If it's fun for a week then thats good enough. I dont play any other games more than that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
No preorder and have not followed it at all. Diablo is my weakness though. D1 was the game that started the decent into forsaking friends and going all into gaming, later replaced by EQ.

Will probably buy it due to not having much else to play. If it's fun for a week then thats good enough. I dont play any other games more than that.
D1 and D2 may be your weakness. Just realize that 2023 Blizzard has absolutely nothing to do with creating those games. Replay Grim Dawn instead. It has more Diablo street cred than Blizzard does.

• 4Like
  • 2Truth!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will see. It looks much better environment wise to d3. Have to see if the gameplay is good. D3 was for me at least, just a log in play the fun seasons for 1-2 weeks and then be done. I never really got into the grind for high paragon, gems or augments. Hell I basically played d2 the same way, never into super grinding, 100s of "xxx runs" or what not. Just play casually until its not fun anymore and be done. I don't expect this to be much different. Will be curious if they bring the season thing over, as that at least kept the game fresh every so often.

I wont write anything off without at least trying it once and if I cant try it without paying, watch enough game play to see if it looks interesting enough. I definitely dont base decisions on what a bunch of forum trolls say. Games are about "is this fun or not" and that's it.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
That's cool man, you do you.

What pronouns are you going to select for your barb?

• 5Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 8 users