Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That Lillith cinematic they made years ago at this point was Gothic, bloody, and dark enough to make me actually hopeful for Diablo 4.

Then I saw soyfags playing with lamps in the desert, storylines that felt the ultimate prime evils of hell couldn't include adult themes unless it was tranbo gayness aimed at children. The prime lord of terror always asks for consent and would never deadname someone, and we all know it will be shit in a box. But the inner kid in me really wishes it could be a gritty adult themed dark Gothic game with amazing look monsters and a real successor to the greatness that was D2

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll play the (final) season of D3 for free but won't be playing D4 at launch, or possibly ever. Should tell them something but no one is listening.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That cinematic is using the games engine. Comparing it to the Lilith one is a bit unfair in that regard.

That Lillith cinematic they made years ago at this point was Gothic, bloody, and dark enough to make me actually hopeful for Diablo 4.

Then I saw soyfags playing with lamps in the desert, storylines that felt the ultimate prime evils of hell couldn't include adult themes unless it was tranbo gayness aimed at children. The prime lord of terror always asks for consent and would never deadname someone, and we all know it will be shit in a box. But the inner kid in me really wishes it could be a gritty adult themed dark Gothic game with amazing look monsters and a real successor to the greatness that was D2
I've wanted it to go that direction, too. I know itll never happen cause Actiblizzard is trying to sell to ever common denominator - but I would straight geek tf out if they ever did a Diablo game that was as dark, demonic and evil as I thought Diablo 1 was after reading its short story manual when I was a kid.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
it will have major woke faggotry themes tacked on, guaranteed. Like some tranny merchant npc with whom you are forced to regularly interact with and it will have some fucking pronoun ridden dialogue.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hell if they want to really make it a terror game make it so your character has to suck a female penis to access (powerup_01) if not you are a bigot and your character is forever gimped until you give in.

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm not sure why multi-player even matters in last epoch at this point. They decided to implement "Blizzard trading". It's a single player experience forever now. Who cares?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm not sure why multi-player even matters in last epoch at this point. They decided to implement "Blizzard trading". It's a single player experience forever now. Who cares?

I just want to be able to kill shit with my friends.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Eh it's just the starting cinematic that features your character right before gameplay begins.

Is it different for different classes? Some of them don't really have a 'riding a horse in the middle of buttfuck no where' theme.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Is it different for different classes? Some of them don't really have a 'riding a horse in the middle of buttfuck no where' theme.
Ya I agree and hopefully not but that remains to be seen I suppose.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is that video made in-engine? Looks really fucking bad for pure CG so it has to be right? If it is, it looks pretty alright, although it's questionnable using that as PR material without specifically mentionning it.

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played d4 at blizzcon a few years ago and the in game models and cut scenes were very, very good. This looks in-game but shittier. They also just updated the thumbail to clarify this is IN GAME cinamatic so.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, the horse is attacked but just left there. This is to bait in the rider. Get him closer and closer as the monsters surround him. Then, just as he understands what is happening, the torch goes out leaving him blind to the creatures that will kill him.

Next scene has him walking through the snow like last night never happened.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
During the closed beta test druid and necro was available to play but they weren’t in the streamer press beta. I’m guessing the reason why they were probably being reworked. Necro did feel empty and only pet build was good. Hopefully they will be playable in next month beta tests.

Last edited: