Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So, the horse is attacked but just left there. This is to bait in the rider. Get him closer and closer as the monsters surround him. Then, just as he understands what is happening, the torch goes out leaving him blind to the creatures that will kill him.

Next scene has him walking through the snow like last night never happened.
Yeah that trailer was stupid. Guy sees his horse get shredded. Slowly walks towards it like an idiot. Light goes out, perfect time for monster to strike as he stands there like a dope over his horse’s corpse. Nope just wanders off. Ooo scary stuff.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
7btge5.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah that trailer was stupid. Guy sees his horse get shredded. Slowly walks towards it like an idiot. Light goes out, perfect time for monster to strike as he stands there like a dope over his horse’s corpse. Nope just wanders off. Ooo scary stuff.
Maybe the monster is afraid of the dark

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
During the closed beta test druid and necro was available to play but they weren’t in the streamer press beta. I’m guessing the reason why they were probably being reworked. Necro did feel empty and only pet build was good. Hopefully they will be playable in next month beta tests.
Far too optimistic. Day 0 DLC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe the monster is afraid of the dark
Reminds me of the skitterers (?) in D1 that would swarm and retreat to heal, fuckers and their chain stun/interupting led to many a death.

Nowadays they'd swarm and call you a racist and run away

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
it will have major woke faggotry themes tacked on, guaranteed. Like some tranny merchant npc with whom you are forced to regularly interact with and it will have some fucking pronoun ridden dialogue.

I only know of your from your posts in the Politics section, but I had to do a double take with this post. Didn't expect you would hold these views given your other opinions...

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, the horse is attacked but just left there. This is to bait in the rider. Get him closer and closer as the monsters surround him. Then, just as he understands what is happening, the torch goes out leaving him blind to the creatures that will kill him.

If yall are expecting any good story from the team at Blizzard, I don't think you've been paying attention for a few years.

WoW has been a clusterfuck of story ideas, Diablo 3 was a clusterfuck of bad-writing and bad story.

I'm such a glutton for Diablo though, I wanna buy D4 but I don't wanna give them my money because I know it goes to fuck all in terms of innovation or creativity. Ehh, I'm likely gunna buy a copy that fell off a truck for 20-30 dollars.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Reminds me of the skitterers (?) in D1 that would swarm and retreat to heal, fuckers and their chain stun/interupting led to many a death.

Nowadays they'd swarm and call you a racist and run away
Theyre trying to make it look like that... undead wolf?... was toying with him, stalking his every move. But why the wolf is alone, much less why it didnt run his ass down in the night instead of waiting till daytime is beyond me. There are three different ways I would have took this bullshit:
1. You see what we all know is skitterers darting around the forest floor in the foliage. Similar to this scene in Aliens Covenant -

2. Instead of the wolf stalking him into the daylight, we replace it with a demon/undead Bear and since he doesnt appear to have a weapon, we model out this scene.

3. The last idea is that they should have paid some homage to the game and since we're using in-game footage, have some walls pop up out of fucking nowhere. We see the elite waller monster in the shadows only, but the main character is running away as fast as he can. Queue the rest of the shit where he hides in a cave. But instead, end it with the fucking monster looking down at him from the ceiling with a bit of drool dripping in the almost pitch black cave.

BUT ANYWAYS - shits done with. Just think its sad I could come up with more riveting scenes in a handful of minutes than they could. But as jayrebb jayrebb pointed out - story very likely wasnt what this video was about. This video was probably more about "LOOK GUYZ, YOU CAN PLAY A BLACK MAN WITH DREADS!" (while cutting back to all the devs as they look barney five type of white.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hard for me to watch this kind of video at face value and not be like "so... x from d2 and y from d3 are going to be in this game" when they talk about various things as if they're groundbreaking/new/fascinating so I won't rag on it for that... but man, those in-game graphics and animations did not do anything for me and I hope that's not the finished product.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users