Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Thats kinda my point, saying they "Cost" a lot is misleading since the cost is largely bloat. Back when the Diablo games were trailblazing, they were being run out of a garage if I recall, it's only after a bit that they were picked up by Blizzard North and then Diablo 2 was made under a similar small team. The teams for D3 and D4 / Immortal are massive in comparison. At this point these games could likely be done with a small team for max profits. IMHO they SHOULD be done with a smaller team, I believe struggle creates a better product because you are forced into a position of figuring out problems rather than pushing past them with money in easier ways that aren't as good.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, 20 years ago was 2003 and by that time the internet had taken out most the reason to pre-order at a store. The main reason you pre-ordered back in the day was because limited physical copies of software, eventually you'd get it but not on first release. Getting things like Zelda OOT was a chore for any person with a job and no pre-order.

No sarcasm. Just didn't know when digital did exactly that. Take pre-orders out of stores.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
LOL. I have a barbarian female in D3 named StillAMan.
1678392924530.png

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Uh... 2003 is before WoW came out. Are you saying you did NOT go buy WoW in a brick and mortar store? That was still the default by far back then.

I'm mainly talking pre-orders out of necessity. Well...you know what I mean, games aren't really a necessity.

Either way, the internet really changed the need to pre-order since it changed up a ton of how readily available information was for things like forecasting. At least it did in my experience. Past, I would guess like 1999, I never really needed to pre-order things that I wanted, just walked in and bought it. Even in cases where there were pre-order bonuses, I'd show up at Gamestop or wherever and ask if they had extras for the game I was buying. I wanna say I bought a couple Pokemon games this way and got the pre-order goodies.

You are talking about Digital Downloads taking over, I believe. I don't know when that came into effect, I wanna say it was while I was playing EQ but ya that shit put the final nail in for Pre-orders for me. If I want pre-order "Goodies" I ask if they have any paper codes for them or I "Find another copy" of the game if it's single player. With all the companies out there offering a billion DLC for banal shit, I never feel bad about "Finding another copy" of a game. You ever take a look at all the DLC games like ESO have? they make gatcha games look tame in terms of monetization.

I still have my boxes.

Living in OC at the time of most releases of WoW, I have signed Collectors editions of I wanna say BC onward. Unless my kids destroyed them, I know I have the artbooks on my shelves and my eldest flips through them from time to time. Still kicking myself that I got rid of my EQ maps through PoP book, had a ton of cool zone info and art.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
$11.99 for a double down, fries, and a drink. Goddamn that's retard price. The minons of hell might get to remain unslain until next weekend.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
$11.99 for a double down, fries, and a drink. Goddamn that's retard price. The minons of hell might get to remain unslain until next weekend.
Not the biggest fan of KFC, but that bacon sandwich thing wasnt all that bad. Christina didnt eat hers at all, though. Could just get someone at work to order KFC through you tomorrow. Make them pay for that shit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not the biggest fan of KFC, but that bacon sandwich thing wasnt all that bad. Christina didnt eat hers at all, though. Could just get someone at work to order KFC through you tomorrow. Make them pay for that shit.

It's $9 for the Chicken Sandwich combo, but it you only need to order the sandwich itself I may just do that. It's been ages since i have gone to KFC though.

Hopefully the Sandwich at least holds up to Popeyes or Chikfila

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just like to come in here and watch a few rage over a game they say they will never play or pay for. Day after day.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I just like to come in here and watch a few rage over a game they say they will never play or pay for. Day after day.

Umm do you not know the origins of this board? That is our tradition has been since EQ days. Let me tell you something about Rallos Zek and Cloth Caps.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Umm do you not know the origins of this board? That is our tradition has been since EQ days. Let me tell you something about Rallos Zek and Cloth Caps.

Raging over a game your playing sure, was the EQ rage from people not even playing it?

I haven't been here since its inception, but probably around 2000 to 2001.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So you admit you're outraged because you don't like Blizzard and not because preorder systems in and of themselves are "bad"?
THEY HAVE A BUNCH OF UNFUCKABLE TRANNIES THAT WORK FOR THEM SO I HAVE TO DENY MYSELF FUN! I CUT MYSELF TO FEEL ALIVE!!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Kirun's a closet Tranny and loves the 49'ers. That profile pic is a real life shot bag over head just for this forum when he isn't off playing fuck-a-boy over on Neogaf.

• 1Mic Drop
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users