Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The scaling looks a lot more favorable to D4 in that comparison.

For whatever reason on ranged classes it still feels like you're banging your head on the ceiling but maybe it's from not having played D3 in awhile. Rose colored glasses are possible, but D4 could certainly back the camera up and improve the play experience for fast clearers.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I am liking sorc more than necro now, it seems like the sorc skills scale way better than necro at late game.

Switching to main sorc at launch.
I will probably do the same too. Teleport, hydra and frost nova is so damn good. Also bigger the monitor the farther you can teleport. Casual Kripp made a pretty good video on the class.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So my 2 cp:
- on my computer, the graphics are on the exact same level as PoE
- Animation is top notch and the monsters' inertia when you kill them is great.
- Stats and loots are straight out of an excel sheet and that sucks. I play for fun loot, not "add 0.92% of defense when you right click on your generic skill"
- Small events and caves were great, but I'm not sure how long they will be fun.
- Ui is horrendous but I guess it's because of the console port.
- Walking too much
- Bloat with reputation, side quests, etc. meh

6/10

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I really don't like about the skills are how many built in limits there are on what could be interesting abilities. It's got that Karen developer feel that's become so synonymous with Blizzard lately. I think that's why people loved season 28 so much because for a brief moment we got that no hold bar old Blizzard balance feel.

However without getting max level feel I can't say whether the design decisions are truly like that or if this is just the initial feel of mommy Blizzard hand holding too much so people don't go off the rails and start having too much fun.

That being said the skills look and feel great visually. I also have no idea how they work with max level gear and paragon levels.

• 2Like

skylan

Trakanon Raider
So my 2 cp:
- on my computer, the graphics are on the exact same level as PoE
- Animation is top notch and the monsters' inertia when you kill them is great.
- Stats and loots are straight out of an excel sheet and that sucks. I play for fun loot, not "add 0.92% of defense when you right click on your generic skill"
- Small events and caves were great, but I'm not sure how long they will be fun.
- Ui is horrendous but I guess it's because of the console port.
- Walking too much
- Bloat with reputation, side quests, etc. meh

6/10
I'd agree with most of that except the UI was fine for me on PC. My complaint as a casual gamer and not one that plays arpgs like poe and grim dawn is the itemization dictating your build or vice versa. The +.4% stuff is lame. I felt like there were way too many aveneus to upgrade your gear or modify your stats or whatever.

What I liked in Diablo 2 (at least this is how I remember it) is that you could just do boss runs and get lucky and find something super cool that was beneficial to your guy without having to break it down, salvage the stats, upgrade it a billion times by grinding shit, etc. That's what I remember anyways, maybe it was different. I don't like that arpg just seem like the end game is grind for upgrades and manufacturing your own stats.

I'm not planning on playing this game for hundreds of hours. I enjoyed the first 25 levels, the story is good and the graphics are much better than D3. I felt they were way less cartoony, except for the stupid necro skelatons. They need to do something about those. I'll buy the game and play it through once or twice and feel like I will have gotten my money's worth.

8/10 for first playthrough. ?/10 for end game. Probably less based on reading everyone's comments here.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My biggest complaint about UI was ultimates not having their own separate button. It makes no sense.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I will probably do the same too. Teleport, hydra and frost nova is so damn good. Also bigger the monitor the farther you can teleport. Casual Kripp made a pretty good video on the class.

Oh ya, I watched that. Necro has ZERO mobility and if minions don't scale well in late game, I really don't want to play a pure blood/bone build.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Oh ya, I watched that. Necro has ZERO mobility and if minions don't scale well in late game, I really don't want to play a pure blood/bone build.

Some incel said to me about PoE, "Deleting your character to respec isn't bad game design!"

What I find on par with that is that in blizzard games, the thing I hate MOST is FotM builds becuause it eventually comes with a harsh re-scale that completely guts another build to balance the shit build.

"OH MAN, HOLY BLOWS COMPARED TO RESTO DRUIDS? *Absolutely puddlefucks resto druids*

"THERE IT'S FIXED!"

---

"Oh man, minion build is weak end-game?" *Nerfs Every other class to being just as weak*

"SOLUTION FOUND!"

• 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

Do people's inner monologue actually pronounce it sork, or like source? Every time he says it its jarring my brain like gif jif's did.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Jif and sork, as it should be.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 8 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Do people's inner monologue actually pronounce it sork, or like source? Every time he says it its jarring my brain like gif jif's did.
I just pronounce it sorcerer because I am not lazy.

Also, it is Gif. These things inherit their parent's pronunciation. Graphics or jraphics? It isn't hard.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Some incel said to me about PoE, "Deleting your character to respec isn't bad game design!"

What I find on par with that is that in blizzard games, the thing I hate MOST is FotM builds becuause it eventually comes with a harsh re-scale that completely guts another build to balance the shit build.

"OH MAN, HOLY BLOWS COMPARED TO RESTO DRUIDS? *Absolutely puddlefucks resto druids*

"THERE IT'S FIXED!"

---

"Oh man, minion build is weak end-game?" *Nerfs Every other class to being just as weak*

"SOLUTION FOUND!"

If you don't like the game, don't play. No one cares. There are tens of thousands other games out there.

What's wrong with some of you people here? Need validation? Having a urge to circle jerk off your negative energy?

• 4Like
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was entertained and had a chance to play with some friends I hadn't gamed with since we stopped mainlining Risk of Rain 2. Shame we have to wait two more months to continue the fun.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you don't like the game, don't play. No one cares. There are tens of thousands other games out there.

What's wrong with some of you people here? Need validation? Having a urge to circle jerk off your negative energy?
When I hate something you get the privilege of hearing me bitch about it.

Faggot.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

"THERE IT'S FIXED!"

---

"SOLUTION FOUND!"
Unfortunately this is just a constant in multi-player game design. You have to shift the meta in order to keep things fresh. Some things are just inherently more powerful due to their underlying design and you have to funnel people one way or the other.

• 1Like