Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This world boss reminded me why I drifted away from MMOs and usually play arpgs now. I want to do my own shit on my own time, not their schedule, and solo or a few friends, not a horde of facerollers.

I didn't bother researching it and it doesn't matter for this beta, but I hope they have solid methods to fight them with just your team without randoms popping in and mucking things up. Obviously the boss has to have some scaling like the entire fucking game, and if your small group gets matched with imbeciles you're just screwed. Or you go full MMO (ugh) and have a guild, schedule raid times to make sure you have all slots on that boss filled with your own players.

As for this fight, took me three attempts at tier 1 to beat it. The boss fled at 10%, 20%, then a win. Funny enough on that one the people I started with, 8ish players, were all 20 but beyond bad, like everyone died multiple times before 80%. I relogged because that was going nowhere, landed in a group that had him at 50% in presumbly the same time, and we won with a few minutes left. Needing several attempts itself is alright, but the 3 hour schedule blows if you have to flip a coin for your team every time.
I hate the Lost Ark "This event is on a scheduled time and alternates through those times on specific days" kind of bullshit. Thats the shit I hated about Lost Ark and was one of the many things that made me stop giving a fuck about the game. Not only the RNG of getting those island tokens, but also having to make sure I was there at the appropriate time, which I had to sail to in the first place, so I couldnt do anything but wait for the fucking island.. Just awful. So Im not happy about this set timers bullshit either.

Not that having a set time with the guild is something I want either - but I did appreciate the fact that you could kill the boss multiple times and get loot. So there is something that you would want a guild for in the game, if only just to have players that you can count on to kill the world bosses with. I started late this time around, and have limited time this weekend, so I didnt start the guild - but it would have been valuable to have this time I can see.

As for the DPS difference - you could tell the world of difference between people that were lucky enough to get Legendaries outside of the ones that dropped from the end of Act 1. Some of them just make a massive difference in how a class is played, and the damage it does. So really, Im thinking this "Server Slam" was also a testing phase for how to balance Ashava without every Tom Dick and Harry having a full suit of Legendaries on at level 25 with 27 points.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can also see there being a ton of folks who don't even know elixirs exist since they're not in the main inventory tab and the quest that introduces you to the potion npc only cares about upgrading your healing potion. Crafting the Poison Resist elixir and popping some resist gems in my gear made getting clipped by the boss abilities less oh shit

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah chat and things are pretty trash in this game... also every character creator looks like ass. Why aren't you allowed to make a semi normal looking character oh well.

I finally took to time to actually play a bit and got a Sorc up to 20 mostly played with frozen orb and blizzard everything was pretty cake but goddamn do I hate the scaling in this game. It reminds me of WoW when they started going pure dogshit and every time I leveled up my character with more skills felt weaker and shittier.

I guess I was lucky on the world boss because I only attempted it once and we killed it pretty easy with like 7 min to spare so I am not seeing how or why so many are having issue with it. (side note is there any indicator you unlocked all the beta bullshit rewards?) I didn't notice anything to confirm it but whatever if not.

Game in general felt better than it did on the first beta, memory leaks, and what not didn't happen and even on my older PC it played smooth enough. Still this doesn't feel like a fully polish $90 dollar game. I am sure anyone who plays it will get to put in many hours but that isn't a good indicator of being a fun or quality game. Hell you can get moneys worth at an all you can eat Chinese buffet doesn't make it a good deal.

The gear is uninspiring as fuck, smart loot is gayer than aids, not trading in this kind of game is gayer than aids... character scaling is gayer than aids... I'd just like an updated Diablo 2 is modern age graphics and loot with the smoothness of old Blizzard. The responsiveness feels worse than Diablo 3. Battlepass shit is retarded as well but oh well.

The IP has the potential for greatness sadly all the greatness fled this company long ago.
Wai itiz

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
not trading in this kind of game is gayer than aids.
There's trading. Legendaries are not the highest tier of gear, sacred/ancestral rares are (endgame rares with 4 and 5 mods, that you add a legendary aspect to.) And they can be traded until you start modifying them.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Finally got the dumb boss on the 4th try by shopping for a group that didn't have any necros or low levels.

Was wondering how to switch instances? What's the method to get out of your current instance?

Portaling to town and back before the fight seemed to do the trick for me.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I went to the boss. Nobody around. Wasn't sure if it was the kind of thing that started an event people could join or what. Boss popped. Nobody around. One shot me. Respawned, but still nobody around. For all their trying to make this shit multiplayer... Maybe I'm missing something?

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I went to the boss. Nobody around. Wasn't sure if it was the kind of thing that started an event people could join or what. Boss popped. Nobody around. One shot me. Respawned, but still nobody around. For all their trying to make this shit multiplayer... Maybe I'm missing something?
Did you turn crossplay off?

Aazrael

Tried the Necro a bit and did not like the nerfed skellies. Granted they were OP last beta but now they just suck. Unless they change I will probably go for Sorcerer on release.

Aazrael

d4skellies.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

They've shown they are reactive to feedback, but being this reactive (see patch notes from last build) would lend everyone to believe Season 1 is going to be a beta test. Still in that kneejerk changes stage.

The narrowness of the secretive Closed Beta is showing it's face.

In any case, I'm hearing post-nerf Barbarian still has all the signs of very high viability.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Did you turn crossplay off?

Probably at some point, thanks.

Does that mean there was nobody else on Xbox playing the game, or the game isn't able to automatically match people even for events? If nothing else thought it would be a pseudo lobby system of some kind of there wasn't anyone on my server or instance or whatever.

Aazrael

What the hell are the closed beta testers doing not having stumbled upon these issues before? Feels wierd they change so much from open beta feedback.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
There's a lot of shit their either blind to or incompetent with. The same quest to find some chick's husband seems bugged or very obscure because I still can't complete that quest.

Same hub, go pray at a shrine, but can't click on it.

Then in the dungeon with the Asian NPC I managed to get stuck between two sealed doors and couldn't progress the main quest.

Game is buggy and lacking a lot of polish on very basic things. And the core game isn't really so inspiring or fun to overcome it. Feels mediocre, dated and uninspired. Obviously.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Probably at some point, thanks.

Does that mean there was nobody else on Xbox playing the game, or the game isn't able to automatically match people even for events? If nothing else thought it would be a pseudo lobby system of some kind of there wasn't anyone on my server or instance or whatever.

Lack of an LFG lobby/flag/queue system for world events is a real head-scratcher.

You shouldn't have to break your ass to switch instances (port to city and run back) or talk to people on discord and add B.NET friends and beg invites to jump to their instance.

Not sure what the thinking is behind the omission of this basic MMO/Live Service system found in every other game. And for far less than 90 dollars. What does omitting this basic system add to the D4 experience?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's a lot of shit their either blind to or incompetent with. The same quest to find some chick's husband seems bugged or very obscure because I still can't complete that quest.

Same hub, go pray at a shrine, but can't click on it.

Then in the dungeon with the Asian NPC I managed to get stuck between two sealed doors and couldn't progress the main quest.

Game is buggy and lacking a lot of polish on very basic things. And the core game isn't really so inspiring or fun to overcome it. Feels mediocre, dated and uninspired. Obviously.
If you picked up all the side quests at that hub, the "kill ghouls" quest will obscure the map marker for the husband until it's done. Husband is in the lower right diamond of open space on that map, in the northern half, in a small area with a bunch of chains.

For the shrine, you have to use the Emote wheel to give Thanks/pray, like the city quest where you had to /cheer at the militia. They do not do a good job of pointing this out, and the Thank emote isn't one of the defaults

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If you picked up all the side quests at that hub, the "kill ghouls" quest will obscure the map marker for the husband until it's done. Husband is in the lower right diamond of open space on that map, in the northern half, in a small area with a bunch of chains.

For the shrine, you have to use the Emote wheel to give Thanks/pray, like the city quest where you had to /cheer at the militia. They do not do a good job of pointing this out, and the Thank emote isn't one of the defaults
Thank is a default, its the other quest that has you "wait" near the little pond that doesnt have an entry on the wheel. On that note for those that didn't realize it. all those random shrines with a plaque will tell you a general idea what emote you need to do to get the "reward" for that shrine.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

In both betas I finished the ghoul quest still couldn't finish or see anything for the other quest running all over the indicated area. Shouldn't take online troubleshooting to do some random side quest in an otherwise obnoxiously hand holding game.

Oh yeah, the lame ass social emotes they're forcing into the game/genre. Makes sense, but gag.

Thanks for the response. But in conclusion, fuck this weak ass game.

I'll mention again, my super liberal social justice sister in law whose fav games are house flipper and a few kids games on the switch is thuper jiddy in anticipation of Diablo IV. That's fine and I'm glad it has an audience, and Blizzard probably doesn't want gamers like me anymore anyway. But fuck this game is just so mediocre and uninspired and I can't see myself even using MS reward points to buy this shit.

• 1Like