Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Good time. Level all classes to 20. Rogue was easiest, Druid longest, and Barbarian will def be my first main at launch. Finally figured out the emotes for all the Buff statues which is nice.

Actually kinda excited for launch, it will be nice to explore the whole game.

See you on launch popsicle...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Husband is in the lower right diamond of open space on that map, in the northern half, in a small area with a bunch of chains.
I had problems with this one too, I found the husband and it even gave the check mark that it did, but quest never complete.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I had problems with this one too, I found the husband and it even gave the check mark that it did, but quest never complete.
Did you pull the knife out of his chest after killing the succubus? The lady who seduced him wanders south-east then turns into a succubus when you confront her, and then you go back to where the husband was.

It'd also be nice if they gave like, any kind of indication of how long a main quest dungeon was. That fucking part where you go into the lilith dungeon was like 6 dungeons tacked together and I started it when I only had a half hour before heading out.

Mur

Trakanon Raider

It's bugged, Reported it. I deleted it, and gated back to quest giver town, grabbed it, and gated back to guy in chains. Happened on all my characters, unless I was specifically tracking the quest.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Radicale

Blackwing Lair Raider
Druids are bad, dont play druid. I tell you now. Druid can't clear Kor Draganoggin' by themselves at 20 on World War Tier 2 by themselves. Don't listen

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good time. Level all classes to 20. Rogue was easiest, Druid longest, and Barbarian will def be my first main at launch. Finally figured out the emotes for all the Buff statues which is nice.

Actually kinda excited for launch, it will be nice to explore the whole game.

See you on launch popsicle...

Wise choice. Raxx has a few thousand hours of closed beta experience, and while he couldn't disclose anything specific, when asked what the WORST SCALING class is in the game, he stated the worst scaling class in the endgame in his opinion is Rogue. He alluded to the fact the kit and playstyle just isn't well-suited to the endgame. Ability to take a hit is a big deal.

He stated Blizzard has all the data on Barbarian, and choosing to act on that data can happen at any time (Barbarian nerfs, which have already begun) but that so far the nerfs have done nothing to put a dent in Barbarian dominance by his estimation. He's reviewed the nerfs, played the nerfs, and made an educated approximation that Barbarian will continue to be S tier endgame regardless of nerf attempts made thus far.

• 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
Druids are bad, dont play druid. I tell you now. Druid can't clear Kor Draganoggin' by themselves at 20 on World War Tier 2 by themselves. Don't listen

I'll probably still play Druid, but yeah most boss fights were struggle sessions. Was able to do everything solo during the original beta launch, wasn't easy though.

Argarth

On the verandah
I believe Season 1 is not scheduled to start until at least a month after release? Plenty of time to tweak the dials.
Looking forward to the incessant wailing and gnashing of teeth in this thread as the rollercoaster of nerfs and buffs proceeds on its merry way.

Oh, and at least one "Blizzard is fucking retarded !@$%^&*" per page. Fun times!

• 1Pathetic

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed the game. Felt a little diablo 2ish, much less cartoony than d3. Played a necro first beta, did sorc then rogue to 20 for this one. Rogue felt the most solid and powerful but reading it might not scale well in end game? That sucks because I thought sorc felt a little weak / clunky and didn't love the idea of paper necro skels. I've never enjoyed the druid class in any game so that's out. Now I'm stuck deciding between rogue and barb and I didn't even try barb.

Not sure I love the dungeons though. They're incredibly long and follow the same formula every time. Basically a checkerboard with truncated tiles with stage wise basic goals. Do 2x to open door 1.. kill 4 things to open door 2. If adventure mode / bounty system is ever implemented I could see that getting old quickly.

Character customization is a bit of a letdown but I guess it doesn't really matter, you don't see your face ever. Feeling the forced diversity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
They say anything about endgame and how it affects new chars? If D3 vs PoE taught me anything its fuck going through the story every time.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They've confirmed you won't need to do the story campaign to level new characters after you've done it once just not the details on how that will work if I am remembering correctly

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
They say anything about endgame and how it affects new chars? If D3 vs PoE taught me anything its fuck going through the story every time.
Reportedly you can skip the campaign after the first run through; not the zones/leveling but the campaign missions so you don't have to do the super long delve to the Black Lake w dialogue etc w/ cut scenes missions.

I really disliked my time with the Melee chars except the Rogue, which was awesome in the first 20 levels but you know that report about them faltering in the endgame is true because everything is going to hit like a truck and either you or do enough damage from a distance by design or you play a Meaty Boi and suffer the trek up (down?).

I am not as jaded as some of you fucks and loved the hell out of it. Its the most fun I have had with a new game in a long time. Probably it will suck after a while, its Blizzard, there will be a surprise SJW Progressive turn in the story (Lilith demons are the good guys! Girl Power rules FemBoss forever or some shit) but right now I am riding high on the Hope/Copium. I accidently have the week of early access off and plan to Cartman the fuck out of it..

I was thinking of switching my main to Red Rouge but since I am Gen X I already have enough disappointment in my life, Sorc it is. Some of my friends' guildies last night when we were killing Ashava whatever were saying that once you hit 20? and got Lunge, it got way easier but the first 7 or 8 levels of Barb and first couple of bosses were just excruciating in the first beta.

Ashava I died repeatedly with a Hydra/Fireball/Incinerate build; no matter where I stood under the damn beast he always found a way to put those chicken wings on me. We had 2 tier 2 kills and a tier 1 call, along with a tier 2 fail where half the raid was under 20 and didn't participate. As others said above, that has to improve. Remove the cap or let pre-mades have their own instances or SOMETHING. Holy moly that was frustrating to have level 12s standing there watching us die with half the clan kicked to another instance.

Anyways, its great fun, will be super cool until we get bored and the hate level builds up, ruin your own lands yadda yadda.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Everyone is saying Rogue scaling sucks but the key to beating Ashava was literally just having a Rogue spamming whatever makes him vulnerable. Heck Rogues can solo the guy, but literally the difference between a full 12 man winning with like 8-9 minutes left and losing or barely eeking out a win is just having a Rogue there. There are other classes that can provide the vulnerable debuff as well, but none of them seem to do it as well as Rogue

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
the build i was using as a cold bow rogue, there was like 3 different ways to make targets vulnerable so keeping 1 target pretty much permanently vulnerable seems pretty easy even as a single rogue lol

i made a HC character though so i think i saw a whopping 3 people in the span of time i played it on friday, and never go to do the world boss

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It does seem possible to build a 'tanky' melee rogue that spams vuln for the party, but if everything one-shots you at endgame, not so much.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Question for others that tried the stress test. I had g-sync on so I was running 144 hz and getting 144 fps at max settings at 3440x1440, but every couple of min the game would drop to 1 fps for like 2-3 seconds. It happened in the open beta as well, which I attributed to them maybe running some debuggers or what have you in the background. I feel like it was unlikely they had anything like that going this time, and no one I played with mentioned this issue either. What could be causing this?

System is a Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR4 4400, game is installed on a SATA SSD (I could move it over to an NVME drive instead if this is the issue, but it seems like this shouldn't be causing it). Like I said the with g-sync on and max settings it was otherwise just pegged at that 144 fps mark, but every couple of mins it would do this. It was not from loading into a new area or whatever either, sometimes it would randomly happen while in the middle of a fight or whatever. I did drop the settings way down at 1 point, like to the worst preset available (low or whatever it was called) and it did not fix the issue

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Question for others that tried the stress test. I had g-sync on so I was running 144 hz and getting 144 fps at max settings at 3440x1440, but every couple of min the game would drop to 1 fps for like 2-3 seconds. It happened in the open beta as well, which I attributed to them maybe running some debuggers or what have you in the background. I feel like it was unlikely they had anything like that going this time, and no one I played with mentioned this issue either. What could be causing this?

System is a Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR4 4400, game is installed on a SATA SSD (I could move it over to an NVME drive instead if this is the issue, but it seems like this shouldn't be causing it). Like I said the with g-sync on and max settings it was otherwise just pegged at that 144 fps mark, but every couple of mins it would do this. It was not from loading into a new area or whatever either, sometimes it would randomly happen while in the middle of a fight or whatever. I did drop the settings way down at 1 point, like to the worst preset available (low or whatever it was called) and it did not fix the issue
Were you playing with the high res texture pack or not?

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Were you playing with the high res texture pack or not?
I have no idea to be honest. I don't remember clicking anything that said high res pack when installing. Obviously the test is over, is there some way for me to check what's installed?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The high res pack was a default option for me. I didn't know it was a thing I could uncheck until this last weekend when I clicked the cog wheel next to the download button and scrolled.