Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Seriously, I haven't played a nonstop 15 hours session since the early EQ days. I will need to see a chiropractician on monday but boy, they really nailed a lot of fun generating aspects in D4. Also how much content does this game have? I did not finish remotely 50% of fractured peaks and there 4? 5? of these zones for story and leveling content?

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Combat, at lvl26, just feels bad as a sorc. Not difficult, just bad. Doesn't matter what skills I use, the more I play the less I like playing. Skills do to little dmg for the mana they cost, then add in cooldowns and its just blah. I'd like to use a controller for Sorc, but its targeting seems very very random. The pre-Slam betas kinda ruined the leveling experience, I think.
Its the scaling. You never feel like a drop/skill maters since everything scales to your level (or a few levels higher for strongholds). Don't get that D3 feeling where you get that new legendary and can bump up torments a few levels since you just start wrecking.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Combat, at lvl26, just feels bad as a sorc. Not difficult, just bad. Doesn't matter what skills I use, the more I play the less I like playing. Skills do to little dmg for the mana they cost, then add in cooldowns and its just blah. I'd like to use a controller for Sorc, but its targeting seems very very random. The pre-Slam betas kinda ruined the leveling experience, I think.

I felt like this too in the beta. After watching some videos I've realized you have to start abusing multipliers for anything to feel remotely good. If you aren't OP then everything scales with you and feels terrible. If you are OP, then you just obliterate shit and it feels good. Not a fan of the scaling design for sure. After level 10 I would go to world level 1, stuff is easier to kill and the drops are the same, xp is 30% lower but that gives you more mobs to get weapon/loot drops from thus increasing your power.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm kind of surprised how long it's taking people to get to 100. I figured someone would already be there this morning but they were only around level 50. Seems like a lot of content while you level.
Its not a race for me. I am doing all the little stuff and just enjoying the game as I go. I did the exact same thing with Cyberpunk. So far the Necro feels pretty good. I am using that build(Bone spear/Skeleton Mage) that was posted a few pages back on youtube. I like it. It has a very D3 feel but since I had not played D3 in many years, I was fine with that.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, I am having fun but my "play all night" days are long gone. I am playing about 2-3 hours a day, so I will level up sometime in 2024.

• 1Solidarity

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The cinematic viewpoints where you interact and see something ahead of you is really well done. Hope they have a lot more of them as they go. (I'm already like lvl 39 and am just now getting to the Rathma story part.. soo much to do..very nice)

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I ended up getting off work an hour early last night so I made a fat man, and then played a little this morning and on my break. Am level 17 or 18 or something, playing on world tier 2 the whole way so far. I am kind of ocd about clearing everything so I feel like i'm gonna be like level 65 before I get out of the first zone/act/whatever since there are so many areas and shit that I still haven't gone to.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I just wish I could zoom out more jesus
I feel that way in PoE too, especially since lately its started randomly deciding to zoom me in what feels like twice as close as normal and the only way I can fix it is to restart my game. Extremely annoying because being so zoomed in makes it basically unplayable. D4 isn't that bad but I still wouldn't mind a bit more zoom out.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Made it to level 48 and completed the capstone dungeon, which was a joke compared to how it was made out to be. My review:

1- The itemization is really good. I was surprised by this but they did an amazing job and there's good build diversility.
2- The encounter design is an absolute joke from a difficulty standpoint. There is no challenge.
3- There are so many small QOL improvements that make you remember that Blizzard is no longer 'top'. No overlay map? wtf?

Altogether I would say that it's above average, which is better than I had originally expected it to be. I'll play it from time to time during seasonal content but a Lost Ark replacement it is not.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
None of the classes really level that poorly, unless you're doing some retardo build. Sure, some obviously feel better than others, but if you're struggling you likely chose shit skills.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone getting very far in the Legion invasions? Think every one I've joined has beat the first timer and then is not even close on the second. L2P or needs to be tuned?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
None of the classes really level that poorly, unless you're doing some retardo build. Sure, some obviously feel better than others, but if you're struggling you likely chose shit skills.

Said every ARPG player ever since the beginning of time. While conveniently ignoring that typically... 90% of ARPG skills suck shit and 5% are idiotically OP.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users