Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I hit nearly 40 last night as I finished act 1, but have about 90% completion for the Fractured Peaks. I am reading every thing and watching all the cinematics, (I skipped it all in Beta), and like the story so far.

The all Bear druid is slow as hell, but I swear I am unkillable. Need a Bear pet, ,but vines works.

DaBears.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
One of the main strengths of this game is the amazingly diverse zones. You've got frosty desert, arid desert, sandy desert, swampy desert, deserty swamp and even bonus fiery deserts.

• 9Worf
  • 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 14 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just hit level 40 as I finished act 1, just exploring and running around. Playing WT2.

That theory craft Kripp build for summoner is working so far. I've died twice. One time to a giant axe guy earlier on when I was stunned and before I had any legendaries, and one time to one of those rare elites when I wasn't paying attention. Both times easily avoidable and my mistake. For most boss fights I rarely use pots at all. At most one or two. Skiellies die sometimes, but rarely notice it as there are corpses everywhere which I use the summon on to get essence. Then they spawn blood orbs which fortify me, so usually boss fights end with me having 150+% life without using a single pot. Granted this might change at higher levels and world tiers, but for now, really enjoying it.

Curious as to what the difference is with a bone spear build. As Kripp said in the video, they do around 50% more damage than the summoner build for the spears, but wonder how that compares with the uptime? I have pretty much constant uptime with spears as the cycle goes shoot 4 times, spam summon button, 2 seconds later I have full essence again.

Question: Is it possible to remove the unique trait on one legendary and put it on something else? Or are those only from the dungeons, as perhaps lower level versions. Found a shield which gives +2 mages, but I use 2h. I assume there is a dungeon then for +1 mage? And would that only be available off hand? Not looked into how the unique / crafting system works.
I'm using the Kripp Summon build as well. But using Golem instead of the blood escape skill. Only 25 but it works like I wanted necro to work. Skellingtons doing the killings and Bonespear nukes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One of the main strengths of this game is the amazingly diverse zones. You've got frosty desert, arid desert, sandy desert, swampy desert, deserty swamp and even bonus fiery deserts.
It's our just deserts

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like D2 tbh

• 1Pathetic

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Damn I have been in the desert this whole time? Sure are a hell of a lot of trees and rivers and water. Should leave the pathetic troll jobs to Chris.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like D2 tbh

????

Act 1: Fields, Cathedral
Act 2: Desert, Ancient Ruins
Act 3: Jungle, Ruined City
Act 4: Hellscape, Lava Fortress
Act 5: Mountains, Fortress

How is that all variations on the same biome? In fact, typing that out made me realize how different they tried to make each act feel.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm using the Kripp Summon build as well. But using Golem instead of the blood escape skill. Only 25 but it works like I wanted necro to work. Skellingtons doing the killings and Bonespear nukes.

I didn't even think of that. Going to do that too. Only time I used that skill was when I pressed it when I first got it, been useless so far. Golem would be better. Thanks!

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
World tier 1 and 2 are not meant to be difficult they are for the player to get through the story. Starting at World tier 3 you start getting somewhat harder, but at 70+ the game apparently gets its last tier which is Torment. It has the negative resistances from PoE that you will have to overgear for, higher density, tougher / more damaging monsters, champions that further buff mons and you can add even more difficultly via nightmare sigils.

Not really sure I agree with most of this. I hit 55 last night and started doing Nightmare sigils, including ones that were +20 above my level. They were not difficult. They were not challenging. There was nothing innovative here. As an example to contrast:

In Diablo IV I get a nightmare dungeon where there are a limited amount of affixes that may be challenging, which I can just skip since so many sigil's drop after your first one. I go around clearing the rooms with limited consideration to anything since most of the stuff is not challenging, the exception being mobs that explode or poison which can be avoided by simply clearing slower and making sure I have a dash available. Some of the stuff requires me to backtrack and make sure I don't miss a single mob in a small room or I waste a few minutes backtracking. I compare this to Lost Ark, where I do a chaos dungeon and mobs auto aggro to me, my pet picks up all the loot and dismantles shit I don't want automatically, and I essentially go from 'easy grinding that's filled with tedium' to 'easy grinding that feels good.' Then we compare boss encounters, which is the 'difficult' content. The bosses encountered in nightmare are copy & paste with no challenge whatsoever. Meanwhile, in Lost Ark, they're insanely complex and challenging. Diablo should have been able to find a middle ground here from a difficulty standpoint; they did not. What they did was create more annoyance and tedium, which is a recipe for disaster to the long term health of the game.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Radicale

Blackwing Lair Raider
Baleful fragments can go fuck themselves. Fucking salvaged over 20 legendary weps and only got 2.

• 1Worf

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
FF14 has the best raid encounters, worst open world and a cutscene heavy story which is great but inappropriate for an MMO.

Zelda is going to be towards the top of best games of all time lists.

It's funny that people are starting to post that they finished D4 in this thread but I think one person mentioned finishing Zelda in that thread and it's a few weeks in.
But with Zelda, once you finish, you are going to put it away, maybe return to it once in a blue moon for DLC or nostalgia. Like Elden Ring.

With ARPGs like D4 and PoE, depending on cadence of content release, you could be playing for years straight.

When everything is said and done, assuming you are into both games, you are going to get more gaming value as far as dollars/hours played than you will with a game like Zelda.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not really sure I agree with most of this. I hit 55 last night and started doing Nightmare sigils, including ones that were +20 above my level. They were not difficult. They were not challenging. There was nothing innovative here. As an example to contrast:

In Diablo IV I get a nightmare dungeon where there are a limited amount of affixes that may be challenging, which I can just skip since so many sigil's drop after your first one. I go around clearing the rooms with limited consideration to anything since most of the stuff is not challenging, the exception being mobs that explode or poison which can be avoided by simply clearing slower and making sure I have a dash available. Some of the stuff requires me to backtrack and make sure I don't miss a single mob in a small room or I waste a few minutes backtracking. I compare this to Lost Ark, where I do a chaos dungeon and mobs auto aggro to me, my pet picks up all the loot and dismantles shit I don't want automatically, and I essentially go from 'easy grinding that's filled with tedium' to 'easy grinding that feels good.' Then we compare boss encounters, which is the 'difficult' content. The bosses encountered in nightmare are copy & paste with no challenge whatsoever. Meanwhile, in Lost Ark, they're insanely complex and challenging. Diablo should have been able to find a middle ground here from a difficulty standpoint; they did not. What they did was create more annoyance and tedium, which is a recipe for disaster to the long term health of the game.

I will be honest, I think you are in the wrong spot looking for challenge in an ARPG. Unless maybe its hardcore(Even then,once geared, usually they are just about clear speed and loot collecting). I'd stick to soul type games, or LA hard raids, in your case.

I do wish there was a pet to pick up gold at least. Auto loot and item salvage I can understand not being there.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I will be honest, I think you are in the wrong spot looking for challenge in an ARPG. Unless maybe its hardcore(Even then,once geared, usually they are just about clear speed and loot collecting). I'd stick to soul type games, or LA hard raids, in your case.

I do wish there was a pet to pick up gold at least. Auto loot and item salvage I can understand not being there.

I don't disagree with this opinion and I traditionally would play hardcore. The problem is Diablo's design doesn't lend itself to hardcore and they did attempt to bring some more MMO concepts to the game, they just failed at it.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Hit 50, finished campaign, unlocked WT3. Now to figure out what to use for endgame to start grinding and do the map chores.

Enjoying the game overall, but the story is so low effort even with nearly no expectations.

Really want a map overlay, gem bag and pet gold loot for wishlist QOL items.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hit 50, finished campaign, unlocked WT3. Now to figure out what to use for endgame to start grinding and do the map chores.

Enjoying the game overall, but the story is so low effort even with nearly no expectations.

Really want a map overlay, gem bag and pet gold loot for wishlist QOL items.

Or at least count gems as crafting mats or something.

How they dont have a pet for gold loot baffles me. Especially in a game with a store, easiest sales ever...

• 1Solidarity

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Feels like the map guy did lots of work and the content flow guys dropped the ball. Top part of the map flowed so well with quests and stuff and the bottom part is just a walking sim.

• 2Like