Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well they only hit one Necromancer skill that I use "Grim Harvest", but other wise ..yay buff?

I am so slow in this game. This game is great or horrible for OCD/ADD people like me that have to go into all the caves and little dungeons and such as I play. Need to really start focusing on the story. So far I am enjoying the game despite the occasional bugs.
This is why I'm eternally fucked in ARPGs, I have a need to full clear maps that murders my efficiency

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Got a new helm transmog so now I’m rocking this sexy look.

I look like a Power Ranger villain and that’s not a bad thing damn it.
IMG_2910.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I found a few Legendarys that boosted the Necro look. But I only have helm and chest so far of it.

necrod4.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nerfing the absolute pig shit out of everything because they are too fucking stupid to understand how scaling works is a bad sign but typical blizzard...

The reduction of random world goblins is fucking hillarious because they aren't that fucking common anyways and most of the time they aren't worth chasing down. Should nerf the spawn rate but up the loot drop to make sure when you do see one it's a big deal. Thankfully they are too fucking stupid to do this.
They updated the patch notes, the reduction in goblin spawns was only in pvp areas.

• 2Like

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Honestly the thing that worried me most in that whole patch notes was this phrase "greatly warps our vision for how combat should be in Diablo IV. " I dont give a shit about your vision and vision usually leads to crap. Just make it fun and the very end game can be silly powerful. THat's half the fun in an arpg. I swear if see balance based on the shitty ad hoc pvp, I might rage.
To steal a famous quote: Whenever I hear a video game dev talk about their "vision", that's when I reach for my revolver.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
lol completely guts every barb build (especially ww) since it's fury generators are such trash
Nahh far from gutted, maybe a bit slower. By far the Barb was THE facto OP class in the game in end game content. I mean all I see is streams of Barbs carrying entire teams of people which dont do shit but stand there soaking up exp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
LMAO the internet is so hilarious. Barbs are fucking BIG mad about the changes. Suddenly the 50+ hours of enjoyment they've had from the game area all a waste now, rofl.

• 2Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
What’s crazy is that no one at Blizzard can do math. Most of the dps can be planned out, spreadsheets, etc. Class imbalance is always gonna to happen, but not this kind of knee jerk reaction where you need to need something 50%…..like how could you not see that coming? Dont you have AI simulation runs that can chart clearing speeds for each class? If anything, money grabbing mobile gacha games show it can be done, those games rarely ever release a broken class, and most of their nerfs are modest.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If only there was some way to test the game before launching it and fixing the balance.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Well the open beta issue is that we could only get to level 20, so of course early game is fairly balanced, but apparently they couldn’t get their simulators to accurately predict late game like other companies can.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well the open beta issue is that we could only get to level 20, so of course early game is fairly balanced, but apparently they couldn’t get their simulators to accurately predict late game like other companies can.

Raxx said maxroll gave them all the data during closed beta. They had the Barbarian data for over a year and didn't do anything. Which is why every video he put out he has a disclaimer at the beginning that Blizzard is aware of X Y Z, and can act on that data at any time. They chose June 3rd should be the most concerning thing. It lacks goodwill.

Handle that 6 months ago. They didn't. It's a community goodwill problem more than anything. Blizzard KNEW these things months and months ago. They waited until YouTube videos released to act on it-- that's the most concerning thing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nahh far from gutted, maybe a bit slower. By far the Barb was THE facto OP class in the game in end game content. I mean all I see is streams of Barbs carrying entire teams of people which dont do shit but stand there soaking up exp.

sure it needed a nerf - should have been to damage/defense the shouts gave you vs you've gotta stand around an extra 6 seconds between refreshes and do nothing. Give me 6 seconds of activity and lower my damage/defense an equal amount. Should be easy math.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This has been a Blizzard problem since forever. D3 limited their testing to Act 1 and it was up to the players to reveal how ridiculously overtuned the endgame was. For some reason, I still to this day remember a Druid Bear cooldown that got its effectiveness cut in half only a few days after Cataclysm was released.

You shouldn't be surprised that the same company that charges $30 for 4 days of "early access" will also skimp on testing. It might not cost that much to add simulations or models to your continuous integration pipeline, and you probably should from a longterm point of view, but Blizzard has shown if they can tap players as a resource instead, they'll choose the latter.

• 3Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh I bet you anything Blizzard's retarded goal here is an even split of classes in the end game.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh I bet you anything Blizzard's retarded goal here is an even split of classes in the end game.

I'd guess that was the reason to sit on the data also. It wasn't a problem to the "vision" until they saw people were fully aware of the facts from D4 closed beta content creators dropping videos on it. That's why Blizzard mentioned the vision in the patch.

Barb was fine being broken endgame....long as a good number of people chose not to roll Barbarian. That didn't happen. They saw the numbers of new characters and decided they need to deploy emergency brakes. That'd also explain why they'd risk goodwill to do it. It was a red alert threat to the diversity of classes in the endgame.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well IMO if some class is really fun and awesome in the end game but requires extreme poopsocking to get the required items to make it work I don't really see a problem with that. Focus your dev time on making the other classes fun.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Patch after the hype from early access got a bunch of people to impulse purchase in the momentum of the early frenzy, but before regular launch or when most average players would have had the time to level up enough be affected. Not sure I see the problem. That's just good marketing. $$$

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user