Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Curator goes missing for me in the capstone dungeon... no WT3 for me until a hotfix. Twice is a row I've had to clear it. Tons of people with the same problem, might be necromancer specific as well. le sigh.
Did it to me once...also a Necro. Got it second try after having to quit out and wait in queue for an hour.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
GOT EARS, BITCHES?

1685855297128.png

1685855366678.png

• 6Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 6 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Got my god tier item and now my druid absolutely clapping wt3. Might go for wt4 depending on the dps req.

1685855978766.png
asdfsadfasd.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are you dumb? You have to be completely unreasonable in one direction or the other as a gamer.

Sarcasm aside your post is logical, and game reviews, anticipation, and just being reasonable about what you're actually experiencing within a game world hasn't been logical, or reasonable in a while.

You can't count on anyone to just tell you what they actually think about any major title these days. It's going to swing in an extreme direction to try and prove a point.

Instead you have Fires of Fucking heaven filled with "boy, I got to level 25 tonight and it's probably the most fun I've had in gaming" reviews. Even this forum is turning into a fucking joke when it comes to real opinions on a game.

Get towards the end game, play through the loop a bit, and then give me your review. I didn't buy this game because it looks to be rife with timegated daily bullshit. If people here were getting into that gameplay loop, and could give honest feedback about whether or not Blizzard finally abandoned that bullshit I might actually buy the game.

Instead I'm pretty sure I can't even come here to get a worthwhile opinion on a game anymore.
I am far from a fanboy of any game developer, so I can view this with an open mindset.

I saw alot of hate on this game, didnt play a single minute of beta, didnt watch videos etc...

I am really glad I tried to play it. Had I listened to so many reviews and opinions about how much shit this game was, I would have missed out on some fun times, but thats the nature of people now. People feel like you have to take an extreme approach to a game or product and hold your ground.

Currently I am only level 24 or so and having a good time. Will it be a game that lasts 10 years? Probably not, but I dont go into the game with an unlimited time frame of enjoyment.

If I listened to everyones opinions, Id have missed out on a ton of games that I found fun and entertaining. For ARPGs...people shit on Last Epoch, yet a really enjoyed it. Many people took a dump on Lost Ark. While the end game turned out to be something I did not enjoy one bit, I cant be disingenuous and say that I didn't have fun and get my moneys worth leveling up 3-4 toons to 50 and playing how much I did.

If you dont want to buy a game, thats fine. Everyone enjoys something different and right now Diablo 4 is the new shiny.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hit 50. Finished the main story, and I must say I really liked it.

Barb was a PITA to level. Not until I got to 45 did I get drops that I could build around. Did one shot Lilith with bubbles and whirlwinds and more whirlwinds. Thank goodness none of the boss fights were hard. Hell I died to elites that stunned and then as raped me with their fan club more than bosses.

Overall I give the game a solid 8 thus far. I have no major complaints. Hell I just want some QOL additions, and can see myself playing months on end. Let's see how this end game goes.

Did a clan get formed? Please invite Brahma.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Incoming Balance Client Patch​

By PezRadar <Community Manager> 1 hr 10 min ago (Patch ?????) Source#1
Hey all -
We wanted to give everyone a heads up that in the next few hours we will be rolling out a client patch that will bring some balance changes which will be addressing situations where players can survive unreasonably high amounts of damage for long periods of time.
Because there is a new update and we have players playing in hardcore, we want to make sure you all are given a heads up regarding these changes beforehand.
We will be posting patch notes as soon as the balance patch is available and communicating that out. This patch will hit all platforms.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I need to get 50 I think and 2-3 more defensive aspects, so I can clear the capstone. That final boss in there, was raping me with the wide swings that cover almost all around him and then when he doing the very fast 3 way screen wide strike and does it 3 times in a row(need to learn pattern). Not to mention stupid ranged mobs sitting around me plucking away.

Watched a quick 10 minute stream of shroud playing, they were basically chain running a regular dungeon with a WW barb carrying them, and were getting like 1 level every 2-3 runs, and a run took maybe 2 minutes. He went from like 63 to 68 in the little bit I watched. They were on WT4. This is their 2nd time around , which is crazy, their first characters died.

Apparently there is a few that are 95+, probably see a 100 tonight or early tomorrow.

Incoming Balance Client Patch​

By PezRadar <Community Manager> 1 hr 10 min ago (Patch ?????) Source#1
Hey all -
We wanted to give everyone a heads up that in the next few hours we will be rolling out a client patch that will bring some balance changes which will be addressing situations where players can survive unreasonably high amounts of damage for long periods of time.
Because there is a new update and we have players playing in hardcore, we want to make sure you all are given a heads up regarding these changes beforehand.
We will be posting patch notes as soon as the balance patch is available and communicating that out. This patch will hit all platforms.

I have a feeling shouts from barb and the endless fortify on druid are going to get hit.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just finished the story and overall Id give it a solid 8-10 for an ARPG. Hit the end at about 48ish or so, but I was not rushing the story at all and did quite a lot of renown along the way. The end cut scenes were great, like all blizz cut scenes are. Now comes the grind.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have a feeling shouts from barb and the endless fortify on druid are going to get hit.
Shouts already got nerfed, CDR on shouts that were on items were all removed. But yeah, from watching some sterreams, it seems like Barbs are carrying teams 60+ in WT4 so more than likely they are getting nerfed somehow lol.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Going to be salty af if they nerf druid. Finally feels really good to play for all the 2 hours since I got my shit =D

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Instead I'm pretty sure I can't even come here to get a worthwhile opinion on a game anymore.
Sucks bro. Did you try Resetera or IGN instead?

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Except they brought in the #1 gaming RPG writer at the time. Some alterations were made to his story for rating/Blizzard corporate culture reasons (it was supposed to be a lot darker), but the D4 story was still created from inception by one of the top RPG narrative writers in the entire industry.
Setting, dialogue and plot are all different things.

They got the setting and dialogue right after fucking them up badly in D3.

The plot is the issue. It may be good but they split it over multiple expansions for $$$, so what we have is morally grey "I'm doing this because of greater threat" WoW plot.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
June 3, 2023 - Diablo IV Patch Notes 1.0.2d Build #42131 (All Platforms)

Hello wanderer!

We’ve made some balance adjustments to Classes and want to provide our reasoning behind them. Overall, we're quite happy with the performance of our Classes, but we know there is always room for improvement. Our goal behind these changes is to create a better balanced and enjoyable experience across the board. Our updates fall into 3 categories:

1. While we want players to both feel and be truly powerful, some Class builds and synergies are outside of our bounds for what is reasonable for the health of the game, so we are reducing their effectiveness. As an example, we generally want to avoid creating situations where players can survive unreasonably high amounts of damage for long periods of time because it too greatly warps our vision for how combat should be in Diablo IV.
  2. Some skills and builds are not as effective as we would like, so we're pushing out some buffs to increase their strength.
  3. Paragon Glyphs are currently providing too much player power, so we're reducing their overall effectiveness.

An ideal we have carried throughout development and will uphold is that Class balance is a journey, not a destination. We want more Class builds to be fun, powerful, and competitive within reason.

Thank you all for supporting us, and we'll see you in Sanctuary!

Barbarian

Skill Changes

Challenging Shout

• Damage Reduction gained from Skill Ranks reduced from 4% to 2%

Legendary Aspect Changes

Bold Chieftain's Aspect

• Cooldown reduction per Nearby enemy reduced from 2.7-5.4 seconds to 1.0-1.9 seconds.
    Maximum Cooldown reduction from 12 to 6 seconds.

Aspect of the Dire Whirlwind

• Increased Critical Strike Chance per second reduced from 5-10% to 3-8%.
    Maximum Critical Strike Chance bonus reduced from 20-40% to 9-24%.

Druid

Skill Changes

Pulverize

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 33% to 25%.

Lightning Storm

• Damage increased from 32% to 40%.

Grizzly Rage

• Damage bonus increased from 5/10/15% to 6/12/18%.

Class Specialization

Obsidian Slam

• Kills required for bonus increased from 10 to 20.

Calm Before the Storm

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 15% to 10%.

Passive Changes

Electric Shock

• Damage bonus increased from 5/10/15% to 6/12/18%.

Legendary Aspect Changes

Shockwave Aspect

• Damage reduced from 90-130% to 60-100%.

Crashstone Aspect

• Critical Strike Damage reduced from 40-50% to 30-40%.

Lightning Dancer's Aspect

• Flat damage increased from .5-.6 to .7-.8.

Necromancer

Skill Changes

Blood Lance

• Damage increased from 67.5% to 80%.

Army of the Dead

• Damage increased from 30% to 45%.
  • Cooldown reduced from 90 to 70 seconds.

Blood Wave

• Damage increased from 90% to 120%.

Passive Changes

Shadowblight

• Damage increased from 20% to 22%.

Grim Harvest

• Essence gained reduced from 3/6/9 to 2/4/6.

Serration

• Critical Strike Chance reduced from .5/1/1.5% to .3/.6/.9%.

Death's Defense

• Maximum Minion Life lost in a single damage instance reduced from 75/60/45% to 60/45/30%.

Class Specialization

Raise Skeleton

• Skeleton Warrior attack damage increased by 10%.

Golem

• Golem attack damage increased by 10%.

Blood Golem

• Blood Golem Life drain damage increased from 40% to 90%.
  • Blood Golem Life drain healing from enemies hit increased from 4% to 5%.

Iron Golem

• Iron Golem slam damage increased from 25% to 175%.
  • Iron Golem shockwave damage increased from 30% to 40%.

Necromancer Paragon Board Changes

Hulking Monstrosity

• Golem Life and damage bonus increased from 30% to 40% Life.

Cult Leader

• Damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%.

Rogue

Skill Changes

Twisting Blades

• Advanced Twisting Blades Cooldown reduction per enemy hit reduced from .25 to .1 seconds.
  • Advanced Twisting Blades maximum Cooldown reduction reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.

Rapid Fire

• Damage increased from 24% to 30%.

Dark Shroud

• Damage Reduction per shadow gained from Skill Ranks reduced from .8% to .4%.

Dash

• Enhanced Dash Critical Strike Damage bonus from 20% to 15%.

Caltrops

• Damage increased from 30% to 40%.

Passive Changes

Concussive

• Critical Strike Chance reduced from 5/10/15% to 4/8/12%.

Legendary Affix Changes

Repeating

• Maximum Minion Life lost in a single damage instance reduced from 75/60/45% to 60/45/30%.

Sorcerer

Skill Changes

Arc Lash

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 30% to 14%.
  • Glinting Arc Lash Cooldown reduction reduced from .25 to .15 seconds.

Teleport

• Shimmering Teleport’s Damage Reduction duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.

Legendary Affix Changes

Aspect of Control

• Bonus damage reduced from 30-40% to 25-35%.

General

Miscellaneous Class Changes

Druid Companions and Necromancer Minions

• Maximum damage over time taken per damage instance reduced from 2% to 1% of maximum Life.

Paragon Board Changes

Rare Nodes

• Player Attack Speed nodes reduced by 50%.

Glyphs

• All Glyph Bonus scaling has been reduced by ~34%, except for the following:
  • Critical Strike Damage Glyphs’ Bonus reduced by ~66%.
  • Vulnerable Glyphs’ Bonus reduced by ~66%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Rare nodes reduced by ~50%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Magic nodes reduced by ~40%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Cold/Fire/Lightning/Non-Physical/Physical nodes reduced by ~62.5%.

Monster Changes

• Significantly reduced the spawn rate of Treasure Goblins within the game.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the name for the Light Bearer Mount.
  • The Go to Shop button from the Wardrobe will now properly open the shop.
  • Fixed an issue where if a Sorcerer uses Deep Freeze and is affected by another effect that would freeze them, it caused them to be permanently stunned.
  • Miscellaneous stability and crash fixes.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Typical Blizzard "fun detected, nerf it to the ground".

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ooof. Pulverize got fucked pretty hard with that lucky strike nerf. Glad I'm swapping to Tornado at "endgame".

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ooof. Pulverize got fucked pretty hard with that lucky strike nerf. Glad I'm swapping to Tornado at "endgame".
That nerf barely does anything. I don't think many people understand lucky strike too well. It looks like an 8% nerf but it's actually much lower. I doubt it will be that noticable.

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I have to say this game is really fun to play as couch coop. Playing on PS5, so far it’s been smooth. Doing all the side quests and dungeons as we go, so we’re like lvl 30 and still in act 1 lol. Going sorc/barb duo, not reading any guides yet so not optimized I’m sure, but playing on world tier 1 so no problems so far at all except on spider boss in some random dungeon that spit poison and webbed everywhere. That’s been the only pain in the ass so far besides Butcher.

Can definitely see sinking hundreds of hours into this game. Then again, I’m a big fan of arpgs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
clearly people weren't having fun the correct way, so Blizzard stepped in. What a fucking clown show of a company.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Are you dumb? You have to be completely unreasonable in one direction or the other as a gamer.

Sarcasm aside your post is logical, and game reviews, anticipation, and just being reasonable about what you're actually experiencing within a game world hasn't been logical, or reasonable in a while.

You can't count on anyone to just tell you what they actually think about any major title these days. It's going to swing in an extreme direction to try and prove a point.

Instead you have Fires of Fucking heaven filled with "boy, I got to level 25 tonight and it's probably the most fun I've had in gaming" reviews. Even this forum is turning into a fucking joke when it comes to real opinions on a game.

Get towards the end game, play through the loop a bit, and then give me your review. I didn't buy this game because it looks to be rife with timegated daily bullshit. If people here were getting into that gameplay loop, and could give honest feedback about whether or not Blizzard finally abandoned that bullshit I might actually buy the game.

Loving the early game is just honeymoon stuff. Story should be ignored. Here's the story. Demons are bad okay? Lets kill demons because they are bad. The end.

In order to fit in the more than ultracasual and less than POE they need to nail two things.
  1. Seasonal content a la POE Leagues that are more interesting than D3 GR and keep players coming back.
  2. Willingness to make skill/class changes regularly to change things up.