Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
  1. Seasonal content a la POE Leagues that are more interesting than D3 GR and keep players coming back.
  2. Willingness to make skill/class changes regularly to change things up.
These two things are the main reasons I’m not playing. I don’t care for seasons but if you can just ignore them like POE it’s not a big deal for me. I don’t like when shit gets balanced in the main game due to the latest season. The second bullet is the big reason I’m not interested. I want to play a class/build and stick with it. I hate when classes/builds get nerfed because they’re too powerful in pvp or too many people are playing it and Blizzard is well know to just absolutely destroy a build with extreme nerfs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Typical Blizzard "fun detected, nerf it to the ground".

My thoughts exactly.

They hit everything moderately fun or popular. Whirlwind barb, Twisting Blade rogue, Pulverize druid.

Almost like content creators are going to dictate what gets changed based on the video of the week.

Disappointed, and a little dehyped now for the future development of the game.

Really bad first update. Lacks any goodwill and just feels like appeasement to a minority of YouTube kids.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
These two things are the main reasons I’m not playing. I don’t care for seasons but if you can just ignore them like POE it’s not a big deal for me. I don’t like when shit gets balanced in the main game due to the latest season. The second bullet is the big reason I’m not interested. I want to play a class/build and stick with it. I hate when classes/builds get nerfed because they’re too powerful in pvp or too many people are playing it and Blizzard is well know to just absolutely destroy a build with extreme nerfs.
Their seasonal content also has to be less time consuming than POE. It took me 3 leagues to understand the game well enough to build right in order to make it to Uber Elder. I got there about halfway through the 3rd league (haven't really played POE since then).

With a game that has as much visibility as D4 you are going to get the POE effect 100x. What I mean by this is that big streamers and youtube channels are going to be theorycrafting builds and minmaxing them like no other. When this happens in POE it causes the masses to replicate it. Which leads to them targeting the key items necessary to make various builds work. Completely fucking over the item economy. I think you are correct here that this will cause Bliz developers to overreact to shit and nerf/change things a lot.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well they only hit one Necromancer skill that I use "Grim Harvest", but other wise ..yay buff?

I am so slow in this game. This game is great or horrible for OCD/ADD people like me that have to go into all the caves and little dungeons and such as I play. Need to really start focusing on the story. So far I am enjoying the game despite the occasional bugs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Found a Butcher at level 12 in my first dungeon. Got wrecked. So that was cool.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I’m finally in wt3 gearin my barb, asshole devs! Had a feeling…. Might just stay rend awhile now depending on drops

Also nerfed best farm in the game (goblins in pvp zones)

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Necro changes were 100% buffs for the summon build I am running. So yay. Didn't poopsock as much as I normally would, but still got to 26, still working through act 1. I am just slow rolling it. Getting all altars, side quests, and explores before I move on to act 2. Will probably do the same all the way through before I roll anything else. Who do I have to talk to for guild invite?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'd say this game is a 7/10 so far. It's probably a 6/10 buoyed by complete shit that is typical AAA releases. It could hit a 8/10 if the end game is playable and there's a lot of regular content.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was Act 2 way shorter than 1 and 3? Not that I'm complaining but it seems I went through it quite fast. Act 3 feels longer but I'm about to wrap it up at lvl 35. Still taking my time but not doing every sidequest/altar etc. Will revisit when I get the mount.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I was going ok as pulverize build. It took some time to kill bosses, trash was easy though.

But jesus, soon as I got the shockwave power + turned pulverize to earth(and got the passives for it) everything just dies. Got another aspect that heals on earth dmg + fortify constantly and a item that gives me +72 regen for each enemy "close", dont even use potions now. Big power spike. Was tempted to go to level 2, but its fun just owning in 1. Only thing I really need is something that gain alot more spirit faster or reduces cost by a lot, since atm, its I think 3 pulverize till oom.

I am curious if they will have things that make leveling faster, once campaign is done or something. Like d3 had the low level req on a weapon, so you got a level 70 2h at like level 40 and then it was easy 1 shot till 60+. Granted that was luck based, sometimes you got no weapon in reforge or a lower value. Same with gambling for legendaries. Super powerful at low levels in that game, but again luck based.

Or how you will level other characters. Sure you just do campaign once, but after that..

Get a friend to drag you in a nightmare dungeon or something? Can you plevel like in d3, sit at entrance and get exp? Or have to be in range of mobs.
Fextralife posted a build the other day that sounds like what you're doing.

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I woke up thinking, I would just see some defensive or survival nerfs. They did those, but man they hit some DPS hard. Some of those paragon nerfs are big.

The lucky hit on pulverize nerf might hurt, will see, it was the trigger for earthen might passive(fills spirit and 100% crit for 5 seconds), shockwave will hurt a tiny bit less. And the obsidian slam, just means less overpowers, basically doubling the kills required to trigger.

Thankfully I wasnt into paragon yet, so I wont feel those, because that is where it feels like some big dmg nerfs hit.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
This is what I expect from PoE 2, a beautiful wrist-killing slug-paced game. Blizzard did copy PoE just all of the parts the players generally dislike; which the devs defend until they change it.

At least PoE has varied biomes. Through the story to NM gameplay loop, it feels as if I'm running the same two dungeons. Everything is the same. The tier progression sucks; I've been stuck doing t2s because nothing higher has dropped. T15s did with Vold, but I can't solo them efficiently with my current gear.

Torchlight Infinite copied all the parts of PoE I like. It doesn't have Diablo 4 money behind it but the new player experience was better IMO. I just need a Western studio to do what TLI did but with a better art style and UX team.

Diablo 4 is beautiful though.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yall getting your $80 worth sitting in queue?
Haven't had to sit in queue at all... Yet.
But what really irritates the fuck out of me is the fucking portal bug. When using portals sometimes it'll completely kill your skill buttons. Can only run around, can't attack at all. Have to restart the game to fix it. That type of shit should have been fixed in the multiple beta test sessions they've done up to this point.

It is, however, the only bug I've found so far.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That nerf barely does anything. I don't think many people understand lucky strike too well. It looks like an 8% nerf but it's actually much lower. I doubt it will be that noticable.
It's rough when you pair it with the glyph nerfs though.

I mean, it isn't like they gutted Pulverize. It's still a very viable build. It's just that it got even worse against what it already wasn't amazing at, single-target.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Buffs for my Blight Necro though! I'm already raping stuff at low levels anyway.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Wait, so it was actually Blizzard who couldn't stand to see people having fun... And people in this thread desperate to defend Blizzard just projected that onto those who had red flags or concerns about the game, including Blizzards track record of bad balance attempts?

I must say, dunno about the game itself, but this thread has been worth the $00.00 I spent on Diablo IV.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Nerfing the absolute pig shit out of everything because they are too fucking stupid to understand how scaling works is a bad sign but typical blizzard...

The reduction of random world goblins is fucking hillarious because they aren't that fucking common anyways and most of the time they aren't worth chasing down. Should nerf the spawn rate but up the loot drop to make sure when you do see one it's a big deal. Thankfully they are too fucking stupid to do this.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I've seen 3 goblins an im about level 50.

Also, arc lashed nerfed into the ground is lame

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly the thing that worried me most in that whole patch notes was this phrase "greatly warps our vision for how combat should be in Diablo IV. " I dont give a shit about your vision and vision usually leads to crap. Just make it fun and the very end game can be silly powerful. THat's half the fun in an arpg. I swear if see balance based on the shitty ad hoc pvp, I might rage.

• 7Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Bold Chieftain's Aspect

• Cooldown reduction per Nearby enemy reduced from 2.7-5.4 seconds to 1.0-1.9 seconds.
    Maximum Cooldown reduction from 12 to 6 seconds.

lol completely guts every barb build (especially ww) since it's fury generators are such trash

Last edited: