Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As gay as I think this game is because of the people running it I gotta give credit where credit is due. They absolutely nailed the class fantasy with their armor sets (from what you guys have been posting)

Also anytime you hear vision from these fucks replace it with spread sheet business model.

The art assets have been top notch imo. The world, the armor, environment etc. And I am not even on high res textures.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The art assets have been top notch imo. The world, the armor, environment etc. And I am not even on high res textures.
Are there environments that look like classic Diablo or Diablo 2 style gory areas? Hell even in Diablo 3 I remember the desert place where you were going to some Town out in the desert was pretty messed up with all their corpses and stuff everywhere.

I just ask because a lot of the videos I've seen they don't necessarily show any Diablo esque type areas with that sort of stuff going on. I guess maybe it might be in the dungeons?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not sure what Wudijo is doing but his rogue absolutely melts everything.

At the end of the day, endgame is endgame. Blizzard will have to decide what that looks like.

Is it going to be PoE, or not?

The Barbarian nerfs were a potential warning shot. We'll see what happens over the next two weeks.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Are there environments that look like classic Diablo or Diablo 2 style gory areas? Hell even in Diablo 3 I remember the desert place where you were going to some Town out in the desert was pretty messed up with all their corpses and stuff everywhere.

I just ask because a lot of the videos I've seen they don't necessarily show any Diablo esque type areas with that sort of stuff going on. I guess maybe it might be in the dungeons?
There are some pretty nasty looking areas, yes.
Somewhat Giger and gothic. Wet tumors, tentacles, flesh covered walls.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
There are some pretty nasty looking areas, yes.
Somewhat Giger and gothic. Wet tumors, tentacles, flesh covered walls.
Awesome. Just never really saw anything like that in most of the content creators BS. Good to know.

Thank you, sir.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm 54 now as a Boner Spear Necro and the play can be a little clunky on stuff like boss fights without a lot of adds or if you need a lot of movement (we don't have any). Otherwise it's fucking trucks. I was doing the world boss and helltide events and I 100% notice when I start spearing. The mobs health kind of move consistently with other classes like barbs/rogues but when I spear it fuck lops off huge 5% chunks. It's unreal. I don't even have all the right aspects/uniques yet. Normal dungeon bosses, and I shit you not, I could probably kill in 5-6 spear casts. Sometimes I'll cast three spears from full essence and it will take the boss down two pot pegs.

It's pretty cool, but I think it's not very safe until you get the god items and go the more defensive variant. I have no movement, no fortify, no pets, and limited healing outside blood orbs which I only have because I took an aspect that isn't even on my guide. I don't doubt though it's probably #1 or close for single target. Especially if you can shotgun them by boner bouncing off a corner into a big hitbox.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm 54 now as a Boner Spear Necro and the play can be a little clunky on stuff like boss fights without a lot of adds or if you need a lot of movement (we don't have any). Otherwise it's fucking trucks. I was doing the world boss and helltide events and I 100% notice when I start spearing. The mobs health kind of move consistently with other classes like barbs/rogues but when I spear it fuck lops off huge 5% chunks. It's unreal. I don't even have all the right aspects/uniques yet. Normal dungeon bosses, and I shit you not, I could probably kill in 5-6 spear casts. Sometimes I'll cast three spears from full essence and it will take the boss down two pot pegs.

It's pretty cool, but I think it's not very safe until you get the god items and go the more defensive variant. I have no movement, no fortify, no pets, and limited healing outside blood orbs which I only have because I took an aspect that isn't even on my guide. I don't doubt though it's probably #1 or close for single target. Especially if you can shotgun them by boner bouncing off a corner into a big hitbox.
How much damage would you say your boner does?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leveling experience still sucks overall with this scaling where I sorta feel strong, then not. At lvl43 now, can't do much dmg to Andariel at all, if I were to somehow survive, I think the fight would last 15min, lol. Been in T1 the whole time, gear just sucks ass. I'd rather not have to "farm" up gear via Events or Dungeons before even finishing the MSQ since I'll just outlvl it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Yes. There's a point in the story where a dude is literally ripped in half, entrails hanging out, "hanging" on a tree and his blood is feeding a ritual.

They definitely returned to their D1-D2 "roots".

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yes. There's a point in the story where a dude is literally ripped in half, entrails hanging out, "hanging" on a tree and his blood is feeding a ritual.

1 scene was lorath gutting a big demon, and pulling out parts of people. That was refreshing. Not a single fucking rainbow to be seen yet either.

This game is far from perfect, I'll never claim that, but this is EXACTLY what D3 should have been.

I myself have been having fun, and I've gone 1 - 47 now exclusively on T2, it wasn't really difficult.

If you can play D3, theres zero reason you wouldn't get your moneys worth out of this.

Necro is fucking awesome, they brought my favourite back to full glory.

BTW there a FoH clan going? Be nice to group up once in awhile, first time I've ever had the urge to do so in a Diablo game.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Oh wow. I just never got a sense of that with any of the videos I've seen about the game. I'm at least glad they went back to the classic Diablo aesthetic then.

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone in mid level 30s want to group with the power of the US government?

• 8Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 12 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Hit 50 starting Act 5. Finished the Act 4 boss (not spoiling it) but man it took forever. Still running basically full bear Druid. Almost 10 minutes to kill it, but only used 4 health potions, and was full health at the end. I have sloth like DPS, but am super Tanky. Still on T1 only because it takes too long to kill anything. Still have found zero legendary drops with the affixes I need.

Having more fun than someone my age should be allowed to have...

edit to add that I also farmed a few 1000 of the PvP shards. Never saw another player. So, if you are PvP adverse, you can farm up shards if you just keep an eye out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Straight up honeypot. Don't take the bait, bros.

imageedit_50_5661429391.jpg

• 14Worf
  • 3Double Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 19 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
TLDR -- Good game, not worth fucking 70 USD (more if you are doing early start) I would argue about 30-45 USD would be a good spot since this is going to be cash farmed for "Story" and the shop.

So, bought the game with the intent of doing the "Buy base, get upgrade, return base" strat and that didn't work, they returned all of it BUT it didn't log me out...so I stayed logged in on the "Character select screen" overnight for a couple days with the intent of getting to 50 and beating the game. I ended up getting to 48 and beating the campaign. I'll likely buy it on deal or something if they don't do faggy content vaulting thats in other games.

People saying this story is sub D3 story are out of their minds. D3 story was a trashfire. This story is better but certainly not amazing. 100% getting the feel that the events of diablo 2 didn't matter at all, I feel like about 1/2 way through I could make the prediction about what was going on later. I feel like ( Chris Chris will love this...) they pulled a page from Square enix and FFXIV with the emotional manipulation in order to get you to care about characters you have known for a couple hours at best. Not terrible (AKA diablo 3) but easily predictable, entertaining at least and mostly decent voice acting.

Tech wise, holy shit they have some annoying bugs and sloggyness. The boss in caldeaum was A-FUCKING-NOYING with the wall blocking your camera if you kited him near the wall. They 100% need a 2 spec swap system in town for gear and skills. The rubber-banding when you initially mount is rough as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users