Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Well the lack of actual challenge to bosses in the endgame is a little depressing.
I am not endgame, but I have to concur.
I am only level 68, and found on my druid that while leveling, trash was easy and bosses were a slog.
Now trash can almost 1 shot me and can take forever to clear with the right combination of painful affixes, but bosses now just evaporate.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Little QOL for some folks:

Go to the Gameplay tab and turn on Advanced Tooltip Compare and Advanced Tooltip Information. Default is off. You will be able to see more deliniations in switching out gear including properties lost when comparing.
Like a dumb shit I found this out too late and spent a ton of mats on sacred shit that was middling at best... Damnit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Played since Thursday pretty much non stop - zero disconnects or rubberbanding. This morning have had a ton already... fuckin plebs!!!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It's immortal and WoW thats making me trigger-shy.

Immortal still flies under the blizzard flag with tons of Micro Trans, people can make excuses all they want for it..it's still a pay to win game sitting under their name.

WoW (Diablo 3 and destiny 2 as well) pushed the idea of immediacy of DLC via content vaulting. WoW with prior quest content going away, Destiny 2 with worlds going away, Diablo 3 with seasonal (albeit, free, content) content going away each season.

It all just sets a precedent of expectations that I just wanna wait out a bit and see what "New Mangement" has in store for it's consumers.
I could see older games like wow and Destiny 2 doing this because they dont want their games to grow to 200 gigs or more. I know Destiny vaulted some of their shit because of this reason, or at least thats what they said back then. As new shit was being added and game becoming bigger, so too was the disk space requirements. I know these days disk space is cheap on PC but not so on consoles where most of them are a terabyte or less. In the case of wow, where its not available on consoles its just years and years of old shit that prob no one utilized. And they still gave us Classic WoW and the first 2 expansions for us to play through if you wish so even then you have a choice. And im sure they are only going to add to the classic experience as they mentioned with the classic plus coming soon. and they did so for free, well not for free since you had to have a sub, but they could have been dicks about this and charged us a box price for the classic shit too, AND PEOPLE WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT.

Im pretty sure Diablo 4 has quite a bit of time to go before they do any content vaulting.

Mobile, I stay away from almost 100% because there EVERY fucking game is pay to win and just a digital interface designed to take as much money from you as possible. MAYBE you get a game in there as a consequence, but often times there is not even a game there to play or its so shallow might as well not be one to begin with. I mean seriously as a CEO of a company like Blizzard or whatever, why would you NOT want to be a part of the mobile cash cows that are raking in BILLIONS of dollars a year? You would be a fool for staying away from mobile at this point. All for what, appeasing a few neck beard fucks?

I mean you can tke stands against this shit, but gaming industry has been slowly fucking us with this shit and other stuff since the early 2Ks. And its our fault for NOT taking stands in the early days and just buying this shit. But the problem now is that most games come shipped like this and you would literally have to quit being a gamer and lose out on your hobby completely to take a stand against this shit. Something that im not ready to do.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the MSQ at 51, and finally have more Attack than HP. Amazing. Running around getting the Renown Skill points while doing any nearby Tree of Whispers stuff. Found a amulet with a nice aspect, when I use Inferno there is a rain of Meteorites (which I'm also using as an enchantment). Very fun to watch. Figure once I have all the Skill points, I'll jump into WT3 and get smacked around.

Edit: I think most of the cosmetic outfits will look best on Male characters since Blizz has issues with women's bodies.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Im not sure I see the point of grinding renown on alts? Am I missing something? You get all the skill points, potion amounts, obol bonuses, and paragon points account wide. So... gold? The golds not even worth it really, since we're already in the millions - which, gold, is shared too.
Ya I meant due to the renown bonuses.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm guessing they are pulling from Destiny 2 for their seasons in this one. Could be wrong, but in D2 seasons are a couple things but mainly bringing about new story along side some seasonal grinds.

Now that i'm in the later stages of the campaign (cause I started skipping everything just focusing on story to get mount, now trying to get to capstone) i'm hoping they use seasons to flesh out everything outside of fractured peaks and scosglen cause goddamn I see what whoever mentioned it meant when they said it turned to a walking sim. Pick up quest, run 25 minutes away to do quest, run 25 minutes back to turn it in blah blah. Not sure if they just made them huge and empty to say "look how big the world is" or if they just ran out of time/money to make them not suck.

Some of the boss fights are pretty frustrating on my druid. Andariel was super easy just time consuming but the one a bit before that (I forget his name, the fat guy with 2 swords) was ridiculous. Had all my gear max upgraded, using incense and elixir and still every attack from him was hitting me for 20-50% life, and I mean every attack not the big telegraphed ones. Think I died 6 or 7 times to him while having to go back to town and repair my gear between each attempt. Same shit happens with random mobs out in the wild, some of them just hit me for 80000000 damage while other times I can stand in the middle of 50 guys and not come close to dying.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is absolute horse shit. I'm starting to get the urge to buy this Bobby's cock slurping simulator. But I staying strong. Hoping to last until the 1st season is released and then see how things are.

Just buy it man. Game is damn fun. You will absolutely get your 70 bucks out of this.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
lol i didnt realize the NM dungeon tiers just raise the levels, i crafted a lvl 15 one and theyre 10 levels higher than me, woops
still pretty easy tho

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well the lack of actual challenge to bosses in the endgame is a little depressing.
When hasn't this been true for ARPGs? PoE is just putting so much goddamn DPS on your character sheet that you basically auto-phase bosses through their gimmick, or stack so many defensive layers you can just eat all their bullshit. The only exception might be Sirus on release but even his "difficulty" was because his encounter was so fucking buggy initially.

The rest of ARPGs aren't really worth mentioning because they're either so old it's impossible to compare because of tech limitations, or because they aren't relevant in the space.

ARPGs shouldn't be Elden Ring. At the end of the day, you want to watch mobs explode and loot pop out while chillin' with the boys. They don't have to be piss easy, per se, but I don't need to fight Malenia every fucking time I take down Diablo either.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 8 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hekotat Hekotat buy this shit man.

hitmans-bodyguard-samuel-l-jackson.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm have locked up twice this morning suddenly. Not doing anything crazy. Was TPing home once time. The other I was just running through a zone on mount for altars. Game just freezes and "Does not respond". Hopefully not a future sign, had no issues previous 5 days.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hmm have locked up twice this morning suddenly. Not doing anything crazy. Was TPing home once time. The other I was just running through a zone on mount for altars. Game just freezes and "Does not respond". Hopefully not a future sign, had no issues previous 5 days.
Might be just the sheer influx of people slamming the servers. Who knows. Ive been having issues off and on since start. First it was random crashes I even had a blue screen. Then last night it was laag so bad at times I was rubberbanding. Might also be a mem leak since most of the crashes happen after long periods of time.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think its just cause the poors are allowed to play now, it took them like 18 to 24 hours to properly dial in their server scaling on both betas, I would assume it will be better by tonight.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Bought the regular version. Made it to Kyovashad. Already liking this a lot. Dare I say Blizzard may have remembered how to make a good game after several recent attempts?

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I've put in dozens of hours, raised two guys to WT3 and still have no interest in slowing down (my wife and kids are starting to suspect dad isn't "actually sickl" rofl). Starting to find uniques and nightmare dungeons are keeping me pretty occupied. World boss up in 10 minutes

• 6Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Im not sure I see the point of grinding renown on alts? Am I missing something? You get all the skill points, potion amounts, obol bonuses, and paragon points account wide. So... gold? The golds not even worth it really, since we're already in the millions - which, gold, is shared too.

What Im concerned about with alts is if they dont add anything new, in a meaningful type of way, to a season - Then that shit is just going to be super grindy. I just feel like our characters are just going to level up using the main story (which, thats what - level 28 if you rush it?), then pick up some gear to imprint aspects on, and roll the dice to whether you can do Nightmares that early or not (if you even can?). As farming helltide etc. will, at least for a heavy player, will be mostly done since you'll have plenty of mats to upgrade and socket your gear.

Ya. I turned it on yesterday and within 10 minutes, already had 50 join requests (max). Maybe after the game has been out a while it wont be so annoying?

But overall, the guild system is something they apparently threw into the game the very last minute. Not a single place in the entire game for your banner, so whats the point of that? You cant organize guild characters by name. So you're stuck having to search through all the people in your guild to find who you're looking for etc. The only way around this mess is to keep the plebs at recruits, and promote people up just so they appear at the top of the list.

Capstone dungeon are "recommended" at level 50 (World Tier 3) and at level 70 (World Tier 4, max). You go through a long, two level dungeon, and fight an end boss(es) on both floors. You do this for World Tier 3, and World Tier 4. You can group up and do them, so it makes it super trivial for a late comer as they can just ask a veteran to take them through it. I took someone through the level 50 capstone dungeon yesterday and did it with them in maybe 10 minutes? Then, later yesterday evening - we grouped up as four and did the level 70 dungeon and .. struggled a little bit, but not really. Im 57, but Booze, Lumi, Vold, etc. are banging out nightmares a hell of a lot more than me, so their paragon power is way the hell up there with their leveled up nodes.

Overall - for those of you asking: The game from a casual perspective is worth the buy. Girlfriend loves the game, even though shes the controller throwing type when she dies. At max level, you'll start to see ALLLL of the quality of life shit thats missing and itll be on you to really see if you can deal with some basic shit (like standard guild functionality up above) being missing from the game. You'll mostly be doing Nightmare dungeons (Greater Rifts from Diablo 3, but with objectives instead of fill the bar), but you'll be doing world bosses, farming helltide events, and .. if you're not cheesing the renown system - that will take you quite a while to do as well. (Even though people are spamming dungeons, the most effective way is to do the side quests for future reference.) Just be warned that there is no real "challenge" or skill to any of the bosses in the game, and its basically just bigger numbers all the way up. Really feels like they put 70% of their effort into shit casuals will love to do, 28% into different builds (as they have a ton of good builds and the paragon board is the real source of power after a certain point). The last 2% into thinking about what the player will do at the very late late part of the end game.

-Edit-
They comin' for your wallet, Brahma Brahma !
View attachment 476831

They already did...

aaa.jpg

• 12Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 13 users