Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think I finally got that Necro summon build cooking. Now my Mages cast Blizzard as well. Took forever for that aspect to drop. Up to Tier 13 and still having no issues with the Skellingtons. If they end up buffing them I wont complaing though.

And just got done Salvaging a ton of shit in my stash and could unlock this transmog.

Necro armor looks pretty good even if it's more "plate" than bone armor.

View attachment 477460
I am doing the sever build, where I sac the skeletons and just use mages to CC everything with cold. Can face tank most things, since I group up and stun with Tendrils, and they freeze before they get anything big off (mostly). Then it's just spam rotate sever with corpse explosions to build a huge DoT pool, so they die before the CC ends. I keep blood mist on the bar, but rarely need to use it. Currently at level 54, but it may run out of juice, eventually.

My deaths have been from trying to pull huge 30+ mob packs with 2 or 3 elites included (the bus only stops for elites), standing in explosion due to huge black corpse explosion pools being everywhere, and the Butcher got me last level, after I pillar humped him down to 5%.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think blizzard focus should be getting all the QoL things that should of been there in the first place.

Second, hopefully their philosophy on end game loot content changes from D3. In d3, while seasons would add certain mechanics, give free upgrades to players, or just some funny themes, the end game was always Greater Rifts. There was nothing else ever added, the entire lifespan. I want to see things added that you can do on top of nightmare dungeons, that will give you the same rewards. I think POE does this(correct me if I am wrong, since I played but never got into that hard). Some seasons and an end game loop activity, that activity is then added to the game, stacking on previous things. So in the end, as the game matures, you have multiple things to do at the end. Here in d4, nightmare dungeons are a fine start(we're not blind its just GRs in another form). But I can only hope they don't plan on that being the only end game loop and just increasing the max tier over time like they did with their previous iteration. Bad thing is they already tied leveling glyphs to their nightmare dungeons.

I can already see new torment levels increasing the over-world difficulty, that is obviously coming.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the core problem in this game IMO is the gear drops has been pretty much all front loaded from what I have seen. You literally wear blues for like 1-2 levels before you get yellows, and then by the time youre 30-35 youre pretty much in all legendary with most of the aspects you want although the lowbie ones. So in the 50+ game youre literally hunting for small percentages on shit to improve of course there is always that rare good upgrade, but for the most part its the way it is. Another problem is, and im not sure every class suffers from this, but there is a shit ton of affixes too. And finding one piece with all the good shit for your buiild is super rare. Of course they give you option to gamble on fixing them but its super expensive, damn near prohibitive to do it more than once Especially in the mid game, End game I could see someone doing more.

They should have broadened the curve when you get meaningful upgrades. Blues up to the 30s, then yellows up to 60 with rare legendary here and there then it should have been legendary 60+. IDK just my thought.

• 2Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I always disliked the whole scaling items idea. But it's the cheap wasy way to design items.

Handcrafted items lvl by lvl is time consuming. But it's also a labor of love. And when it's done you have stand out items and then ones that ease into end game.

I never liked saying "oh look I got a lvl 5 soj, that's trash" "I want to say oh sweet I got a soj"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think the core problem in this game IMO is the gear drops has been pretty much all front loaded from what I have seen. You literally wear blues for like 1-2 levels before you get yellows, and then by the time youre 30-35 youre pretty much in all legendary with most of the aspects you want although the lowbie ones. So in the 50+ game youre literally hunting for small percentages on shit to improve of course there is always that rare good upgrade, but for the most part its the way it is. Another problem is, and im not sure every class suffers from this, but there is a shit ton of affixes too. And finding one piece with all the good shit for your buiild is super rare. Of course they give you option to gamble on fixing them but its super expensive, damn near prohibitive to do it more than once Especially in the mid game, End game I could see someone doing more.

They should have broadened the curve when you get meaningful upgrades. Blues up to the 30s, then yellows up to 60 with rare legendary here and there then it should have been legendary 60+. IDK just my thought.
Not saying that the sentiment is wrong, but I'm lv38 in Act 4 and have 1 legendary and 1 aspect equipped lol. I have a few lower level ones in my stash that suck. I had about 3 equipped around lv20 and that was the most. I'm just getting them off act bosses.

The problem with equipment is that stats are in too small increments so you don't notice unless you stack them.

In Diablo 2 you'd get stuff with life leech or attack speed or mana regen or resists that would noticably help.

In Diablo 3 it was mostly +dogooder with a few stats you'd actually care about (energy regen, attack speed) and it seems like that here too.

This is the same problem as WoW and it's from a lack of imagination and over focus on "balance".

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I always disliked the whole scaling items idea. But it's the cheap wasy way to design items.

Handcrafted items lvl by lvl is time consuming. But it's also a labor of love. And when it's done you have stand out items and then ones that ease into end game.

I never liked saying "oh look I got a lvl 5 soj, that's trash" "I want to say oh sweet I got a soj"

Look at D2 list of actual Uniques and Sets even today they are all interesting and you can tell someone designed them not some random algorithm.

Then look at D4 and realize all the legendary affixed are uninspired dogshit.

Oh well its fun enough, i am chilling at 71 with Arc Lash with very mid as fuck type gear and basically fucking Jesus in rank 27-30 nightmare dungeons just leveling glyphs at this point. With very little reason to push XP. I have reached the point I can log in for a small window kill some demons a few min here and there and kind of enjoy the game without all the extra chore faggot bullshit... at least until season 1 then I can see if I give a fuck.

Basic QOL things need to be addressed and this game will have a decently long casual player lifespan... this isn't an all day every day game.. it's a couple of hours on the weekend game..

Balance wise they really really need to beat the ever loving pig shit out of the retard American Inventors in the office who have made it so pretty much all classes ignore and avoid 95% of the skills in game and use the basic dog shit basic turd skills instead of what should be big powerful massive fuck you money spells deeper in the tree...

Builder spender system can suck my asshole. Take everyone who worked on WoW and ban their input into other IPs.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is a weird one for me. I've definitely enjoyed the shit out of the game and gotten my moneys worth. However, I can't help but wish it were much harder. You basically just need 1-2 lego aspects to be completely broken and not have to pay attention at all. Having said that, I'm still playing lol. Kind of baffling. We will see what the future brings. I imagine they will actually have to put in some brutal content to keep people interested through the seasons/expansions, but just having 1 ultimate boss is disappointing to say the least.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, yeah, exactly they tried to do an open world mmo style games with level scaling. Which is retarded. But they probably tried it because gamers think having lower level zones in an MMO are wasted if they aren't being recycled for end game use?

Gamers getting exactly what we deserve, I guess.

Gonna be funny watching all the hardcore gamers try to shift to a narrative that having a game they could play with their normy Uber casual-gamer wives is what they actually always hoped the Diablo franchise would become.
Is this really a player concern? Seems it's more that developers hate that they'll spend months developing a low level area that people spend about 20 minutes in and then never return.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this really a player concern? Seems it's more that developers hate that they'll spend months developing a low level area that people spend about 20 minutes in and then never return.

Maybe not here, but on forums of games, you see it. Mainly its the complaint of "There is only 1 or 2 areas for this level range, so everyone is there. We want more choices". Thus you get level scaling in games, where you can go anywhere you went to progress.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I am not nearly as dedicated as most of you, but even I noticed when I played my Barb a fun way...dual wield, no whirlwind for example...there was a vast difference in damage. This basically forced me to go to the current whatever is hot build. It's fine of course, but the gap seems to be really big.

I could be wrong.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Maybe not directly, but months spent on shit that goes unused is months not spent on shit they actually care about

Fucker

Log Wizard
Easy fix for that is to only turn it on when your character hits max level, then all the zones become useful again.

• 2Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Look at D2 list of actual Uniques and Sets even today they are all interesting and you can tell someone designed them not some random algorithm.

Then look at D4 and realize all the legendary affixed are uninspired dogshit.

Oh well its fun enough, i am chilling at 71 with Arc Lash with very mid as fuck type gear and basically fucking Jesus in rank 27-30 nightmare dungeons just leveling glyphs at this point. With very little reason to push XP. I have reached the point I can log in for a small window kill some demons a few min here and there and kind of enjoy the game without all the extra chore faggot bullshit... at least until season 1 then I can see if I give a fuck.

Basic QOL things need to be addressed and this game will have a decently long casual player lifespan... this isn't an all day every day game.. it's a couple of hours on the weekend game..

Balance wise they really really need to beat the ever loving pig shit out of the retard American Inventors in the office who have made it so pretty much all classes ignore and avoid 95% of the skills in game and use the basic dog shit basic turd skills instead of what should be big powerful massive fuck you money spells deeper in the tree...

Builder spender system can suck my asshole. Take everyone who worked on WoW and ban their input into other IPs.
That's exactly it man. The d2 items are just great. You can tell each one was made, reviewed and crafted by more then one person. And they sat and deliberated.

And yes d4s are just like d3 items. But unfortunately I feel all games take this short cut. Cause it's so much easier

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally decided to sort out items according to aspects. Then grey out those closed to perfect roll so I don't accidentally extract and destroy and also I don't want to do it again.
Took alot of time, wished there was a qol function to sort by aspects...

Also if you like to farm exp and loot, the champions demise grouping is really worth a try. Jump into a group on discord and split lane farm it. After like 5runs everyone go sell and repair, you also see tons of rare loot appear in your piggy bank so u don't have to pick yr groupies lane loot during the farm.

Last edited:

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

It was brought up here, so I guess some people care. I've never gone through an interesting zone that was relevant to the story and then thought it was a shame I leveled passed it to the point I wished I could just repeat it over and over thanks to level scaling.

Since EQ keeps getting brought up... There were noob zones I only ever leveled through once that were absolutely memorable and I don't consider them wasted.

D4 and other games could be smarter and have mixed level content instead of pure level scaling.

Or they could make a game that felt like cohesive game design, which D4's map did not. It felt very much like the design elements were too obvious. They wanted to do it more open world, but I didn't find it was an interesting or memorable so much as more space to run between quest markers.

This is the game design struggle we've seen for decades. Open world is the buzz word they cling to, but they also want to control progress, so they shit on both.

Awesome D4 open world would have been to cut out most of the stupid side quests and hand holding and level scaling and just give us an actual open world.

Imagine going into a cave and oh shit it's very high level, time to retreat and come back later.

But that's not Diablo! Yeah, neither is this weird half assed open world mmo-lite nonsense they're trying either.

So my preference would have been they tried something new that was at least interesting or inspired instead of the banal design it ended up.

Or just linear story that eventually unlocks an open world.

Anything other than the shit map design they settled on, where you just end up having to do more running between tons of very predictable points highlighted on the map.

• 2Like

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Maybe not working as intended but you can do helltide in WT3 and switch to WT4 to open chests for better gear.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hah, think I'm 45, and still haven't finished the first act, but I think I'm probably pretty close. Ehh, whatever, I'm having fun.
I'm 28 and haven't done a single main quest. I've just been doing side stuff and playing slow since reaching Kyovashad. I started this character on the first day of early access.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Total bottom line sales projection was around 18 million. So even by generous estimates this was never expected to beat D3.

If it does, then it's overperforming.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Seems mostly irrelevant. What are you going to do, farm for 15 minutes in WT3, run to town, switch, teleport to helltide, run to the mystery chest and open it? Seems like a lot of work for mostly sub 70 players and who gives the fuck about them getting gear faster.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like