Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Druid basically has charge, bulwark and almost constant grizzly rage that provides unstoppable. So you rarely get frozen,stunned or CC'd.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
There's nothing special about the loot that drops in Nightmare dungeons.
The point is the magic find mod if one is lucky to get it on one of the good dungeons. I wasn't lucky in the batch I crafted. But, if the kill rate is relatively the same more loot is objectively better.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They will probably just nerf that magic find bonus.

The resetting dungeon thing seems pretty common, though this method takes a bit more setup to do. They don't seem to care if someone wants to run content over and over, ad nauseam. Nerfing the magic find portion, would be a simple fix, as its really the only reason to do this. If the exp turns out too good, they will then nerf that. I basically still only do these NM dungeons to level up glyphs. So resetting is pointless for me.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
What was the first PoE league you played?

First one I got into with any seriousness was Tempest as it was when I finally spent money. ~2-3 years after initial launch.

But I hope this isn't to compare a 10 year old game made by an indie company with one made in the year of our lord 2023 by a mega corporation with multiple ARPGs and all the accompanying data behind them because that would be very smooth brained.

I got Temerity pants yesterday as a rogue and it instantly made me so much more powerful. Barely need to dodge any mechanics now.

Yee high barrier uptime++.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Druid basically has charge, bulwark and almost constant grizzly rage that provides unstoppable. So you rarely get frozen,stunned or CC'd.

The build i'm playing doesn't have any of that. Honestly getting cc'd wasn't a problem til yesterday, I dunno why it is now all of a sudden. I ran into a cold enchanted quill rat a bit ago and by itself as the only mob around it still managed to keep me almost permanently cc'd for a while. It was running around like a crack head so I couldn't even hit it in the .5 second spans I had between its attacks, the only reason I even manged to kill it is because I got a dodge proc on one of its attacks so I had time to use an ability.

• 1Picard

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
First one I got into with any seriousness was Tempest as it was when I finally spent money. ~2-3 years after initial launch.

But I hope this isn't to compare a 10 year old game made by an indie company with one made in the year of our lord 2023 by a mega corporation with multiple ARPGs and all the accompanying data behind them because that would be very smooth brained.

Yee high barrier uptime++.
Are you running Momentum and using the aspect that heals you for like 200/second when momentum is up?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The build i'm playing doesn't have any of that. Honestly getting cc'd wasn't a problem til yesterday, I dunno why it is now all of a sudden. I ran into a cold enchanted quill rat a bit ago and by itself as the only mob around it still managed to keep me almost permanently cc'd for a while. It was running around like a crack head so I couldn't even hit it in the .5 second spans I had between its attacks, the only reason I even manged to kill it is because I got a dodge proc on one of its attacks so I had time to use an ability.

git gud fgt

In before Hateyou Hateyou

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If I could add one thing to this game to 'fix' it, it would be jewel slots in the Paragon board that you can socket either RNG stat jewels into, or runes to make runewords. The Paragon boards are not very well designed in their current form.

that's an understatement considering it's a basic spreadsheet

Fucker

Log Wizard
You people who have leveled up to max or high level must have neurons of stainless steel. Not even 60 and this is the most boring game I have ever played.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You people who have leveled up to max or high level must have neurons of stainless steel. Not even 60 and this is the most boring game I have ever played.
It sounds like maybe your neurons connections may be broken. Why would you keep playing THE most boring game of your life? Shelve that shit and play something fun.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are weird. If you're not having fun, stop playing. Simple as that.

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So for the people who are higher level, how are you dealing with being perma cc'd by cold enchanted mobs and shit? Perma cc wasn't ever a problem for me til the last 2 days, now since yesterday morning half the big packs I run in to (events or dungeon groups or anything) just spam cc me (mostly freeze from cold enchanted mobs) so much that I can barely even pop potions in between one wearing off and the next hitting, and dodging doesn't matter because I dodge one or two but the other 5 still land at my dash ending spot.

Have to find your classes unstoppable. Gear and otherwise. Barb has a shout and a at least one aspect that gets you outa a jam like that.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dunno about him, but I played either the Strongbox league or the Tormented ghost league in beta when it was just 2 acts.
LOL no you didn't. Act 3 was added in 0.1. Torment league was 2014ish and well into 1.0 - which is when they added Dominus, Scion, etc.
ROFLMAO imagine calling GGG an "indie" studio when roughly half of their existence they have been owned by the literal largest publisher in the world - definitely not a mega corporation, just a couple of down bad college kids creating vidya out of their garage :rolleyes: . Smoothbrain indeed.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
What’s the main thing to get character power from? I had some people PL me to 70 (rogue.)

I followed the build guide on max roll for TB build. I’ve got all ancestral items and a couple of the proper imprints on items. And I’m able to kill just about anything in WT4, albeit slowly. I saw a level 62 dude in WT4 blowing up elite packs in open world way faster than me.

Are the glyphs for the paragon board one of the first things to level up? I’ve done literally one nightmare dungeon.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. I thought most of the people complaining about renown were people not used to a "real" grind. Note the quotes, what is too much of a grind is completely subjective and you're allowed to say whatever you want is too grindy.

But this is the first I've seen someone who is used to grinding a headhunter in multiple leagues make the same complaint in D4. Perhaps it's not the renown itself but that inherent carrot on stick(or lack thereof) is poorly designed.

You can farm a headhunter by grinding mindless maps over and over which a lot of people find boring as fuck and others like me (and I think kythik) love. To farm renown I have to spend a lot of time running to dungeons, stashes, anvils, towns, areas on a massive world map on a horse that gets stuck everywhere and doing a shitload of side quests. It's a completely different type of grind. Far more tedious. And of course a hh makes an incredibly impactful difference in poe either using it or not (eg selling it). Maxing renown gives you nothing really impactful other than 20 paragon points.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So for the people who are higher level, how are you dealing with being perma cc'd by cold enchanted mobs and shit? Perma cc wasn't ever a problem for me til the last 2 days, now since yesterday morning half the big packs I run in to (events or dungeon groups or anything) just spam cc me (mostly freeze from cold enchanted mobs) so much that I can barely even pop potions in between one wearing off and the next hitting, and dodging doesn't matter because I dodge one or two but the other 5 still land at my dash ending spot.

You play a class with permanent unstoppable or a class that can 1 shot from across the screen. If not then you destroy every sigil with "all mobs have cold enchantment".

Other guaranteed destroy sigil affixes at higher tiers would be.

Lightning gathers above the player. Get into the protection dome to avoid severe outcomes. (This is not so bad classes with solid defensives but most classes will get 1 shot if not under dome and it's very disruptive when almost all elites chain CC and you are forced into tiny space.)
Monster attacks from a distance burn x% of your Primary Resource. (Most idiotic affix for a game that requires build/spend for all damage.)
Monster attacks from a distance reduce your armor by x% for 6 seconds, stacking up to x% (Obvious why it's awful.)

Notable mention would be any affix that reduce the primary types of damage you do if you are running solo and any combination of enchantments that become fucky on dungeon mob types. ex: snake people dungeon with combos like poison enchanted, plaguebearer, electrified obelisks, lightning enchanted, vampiric.

ROFLMAO imagine calling GGG an "indie" studio when roughly half of their existence they have been owned by the literal largest publisher in the world - definitely not a mega corporation, just a couple of down bad college kids creating vidya out of their garage :rolleyes: . Smoothbrain indeed.

Oh wow half their existence? You mean when the game had taken off and tencent got involved 2018? 8 years after they started alpha and were crowdfunding money to keep things going? A fact that can be looked up by any idiot who can read at a third grade level?

God damn I hate ad homs but you cock suckers are so fucking wrong all the time and double down on the most easily verified shit.

Do you need more links?

Do you want to tell me how tencent traveled back in time to fund them and that they were never a small company all along?

• 4Worf
  • 1Truth!