Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They are really sitting on their dicks when they know they need to hurry up and patch this mother fucker out of it's gayness. I have never seen a new release drop off as hard as this shit has.

• 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
My druid meeting a random barbarian and rogue, while riding into Menestad after killing Luskas for Meros the merchant...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
They are really sitting on their dicks when they know they need to hurry up and patch this mother fucker out of it's gayness. I have never seen a new release drop off as hard as this shit has.
Couple of people from FoH stopped playing after doing 100 hours in a week, dead game.

• 2Moron
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
It costs money. Come the fuck on bitch, you know the answer stop pretending you don't

maxresdefault.jpg

Why? Money

bobby-kotick-money-bags.jpg

See at least someone's smart. @Mist try and keep up.

I mean they were transparent that each season would have a battlepass to fund dev on them. If that leads to actual seasons like PoE has fantastic, let the people who want to have the newest cosmetic get it. I even bought a cosmetic or two from GGG when they looked cool, now they include shit like map devices.

The real reason SHOULD be to keep people coming back to the game form 2 weeks to a month every 3-4 months to generate excitement for the game and for the people who usually do buy cosmetics. If its just a ladder and the base game that wont cut it anymore and hopefully they know that, it should be used to shake things up, add new skills / gam changing items or whatever, and a new mechanic or two that will cause people to log in.

D2 seasonal ladder was fine back in the day because we a) didn't know better and b) noone expected nor did they really keep up dev support for an extended period of time. Now they need to since it can take 5-10 years for a sequel which would have been unheard of in 2001.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think seasons are lazy and boring. The least bad version is like PoE, where there's a new system. I'd much rather return to an era where you pay for actual new content. Failing that though, I don't see how D4 is going to keep any popularity if they do plain resets just with a random new affix.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If they want to have this game be a live service game, well then they will have to service it. And im not talking about nerfing a few classes and buffing some others and changing some gear #% around. Seasons better have some type of content or else this game is too fucking shallow right now for any longevity. Not enough build variety and not enough classes. Like how many rampage or werewolf druids are people gonna make? How many WW Barbarians? Most classes have like 1-2 specs that are viable atr end game. And even if they buff some other skills there is just not enough for any longer than 2-3 seasons TOPS. Some people will though, roll the same shit season after season, Im sure, but most wont.

Grim Dawn has like 36, thats class combos, not even taking the skills into account. And its old as shit. Last epoch has even more, possibilities are near endless since every class and archetype can choose different skills, and those skills have their own skill trees. Plus uniques that changes entire playstyle too. Like for example a rare unique that gets rid of all of your skeleton minions and you now get 3 fucking golems. POE, I mean I know its been around for years, but this is the competition, and I dont even know how many possibilities there is in POE. Only power this game has is that its made by blizzard and famous DIABLO name attached. They prob will sell a shit ton of boxes, im sure they already did, but whether they keep people around with this shallow game? Im not sure.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If they want to have this game be a live service game, well then they will have to service it. And im not talking about nerfing a few classes and buffing some others and changing some gear #% around. Seasons better have some type of content or else this game is too fucking shallow right now for any longevity. Not enough build variety and not enough classes. Like how many rampage or werewolf druids are people gonna make? How many WW Barbarians? Most classes have like 1-2 specs that are viable atr end game. And even if they buff some other skills there is just not enough for any longer than 2-3 seasons TOPS. Some people will though, roll the same shit season after season, Im sure, but most wont.

Grim Dawn has like 36, thats class combos, not even taking the skills into account. And its old as shit. Last epoch has even more, possibilities are near endless since every class and archetype can choose different skills, and those skills have their own skill trees. Plus uniques that changes entire playstyle too. Like for example a rare unique that gets rid of all of your skeleton minions and you now get 3 fucking golems. POE, I mean I know its been around for years, but this is the competition, and I dont even know how many possibilities there is in POE. Only power this game has is that its made by blizzard and famous DIABLO name attached. They prob will sell a shit ton of boxes, im sure they already did, but whether they keep people around with this shallow game? Im not sure.
Huh? Every class has at least 3 "viable" specs that can do endgame and Rogue has about 5. Can every one of those specs do Tier 85 Nightmare sigils? No, but there isn't much reason to push high tier Nightmare atm and all of them can handle 21+ easily enough. Sure, if you want to go big dick and do ABSOLUTE MAX CONTENT JUICE you'll be pigeonholed into whatever the "meta" 1-2 specs are for each class, but what ARPG is that not true for?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Huh? Every class has at least 3 "viable" specs that can do endgame and Rogue has about 5. Can every one of those specs do Tier 85 Nightmare sigils? No, but there isn't much reason to push high tier Nightmare atm and all of them can handle 21+ easily enough. Sure, if you want to go big dick and do ABSOLUTE MAX CONTENT JUICE you'll be pigeonholed into whatever the "meta" 1-2 specs are for each class, but what ARPG is that not true for?
What are the 5 Rogue specs?

We talking different playstyle or different element imbuement?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What are the 5 Rogue specs?

We talking different playstyle or different element imbuement?
Death Trap, Twisting Blades, Flurry, Penetrating Shot, and Barrage are all "viable".

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Death Trap, Twisting Blades, Flurry, Penetrating Shot, and Barrage are all "viable".
Right but how different are the playstyles?

Twisting Blades and Flurry and the same thing with only a minor difference in if you think you'll get more DPS from aiming the Twisting Blades or getting free immediate permanent AoE Vulnerability from Flurry.

Death Trap uses the above skills too. However the cooldown resetting does change the playstyle a lot.

Xevy

Log Wizard
MMORPG.COM finished their review after a week or so:

1687416727125.png

Yeah, okay dude. It's like IGN is breeding.

• 1Worf

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
There are additional avenues to spend consumer money after buying the box? O M F G ABSOLUTELY UNHEARD OF

This game doesn't have 400+hrs of content and doesn't have the depth of a game released and supported for the past ten years? TRASH

The game doesn't cost the same as a new Nintendo 64 game in 1997 ($60)? CAPITALIST SCUM OPPRESSING THE POOR

Where am I? Who are all these whiny bitches that have never played diablo or a video game before?

oh yeah, it's the same handful of people that whine in every thread about everything.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Right but how different are the playstyles?

Twisting Blades and Flurry and the same thing with only a minor difference in if you think you'll get more DPS from aiming the Twisting Blades or getting free immediate permanent AoE Vulnerability from Flurry.

Death Trap uses the above skills too. However the cooldown resetting does change the playstyle a lot.
Well, when I say that about other ARPGs I get told i'm wrong so some people are gonna have to decide which way they want it. Lol just kidding, it's just another case of D4 doing something other games do but it's a negative for this and a positive for them because they need reasons to be mad.

• 1Moron

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm a filthy casual, and yet I find myself agreeing with most people in this thread on both the positives and the negatives.

I have 2 classes to 50+ and don't really see a carrot dangling for me anymore.

I did enjoy playing through the game, but I'm not sure I'd find the appeal in repeating most of it again for seasons.

While it may be low on the totem pole for many, I just don't find many of the events rewarding.

I go to the orange circles and build up my obels and gamble with it......after maxing it out 5 to 6x and gambling and not getting anything worthwhile, I stopped that.

Then I see these elusive treasure goblins out and about....think I've seen about 10 or so, so fairly rare for me....kill it....doesn't drop shit.

Then I see these silent chests....farm obels...buy stack of keys....excited to loot one....pop it open, its no diff than any fucking normal chest.

Then I see some fairly large interesting looking chests after some encounters and think it might have a goodie in it, newp..same trash as any other random chest.

Do the tree of whisper event...go do a turn in...just like some random ass chest drop again.

I don't regret playing the game, and I'm sure it will be tweaked a bunch and many things adjusted...but knowing it will be another 10+ years to try again with Diablo 5 is disheartening.

• 4Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm a filthy casual, and yet I find myself agreeing with most people in this thread on both the positives and the negatives.

I have 2 classes to 50+ and don't really see a carrot dangling for me anymore.

I did enjoy playing through the game, but I'm not sure I'd find the appeal in repeating most of it again for seasons.

While it may be low on the totem pole for many, I just don't find many of the events rewarding.

I go to the orange circles and build up my obels and gamble with it......after maxing it out 5 to 6x and gambling and not getting anything worthwhile, I stopped that.

Then I see these elusive treasure goblins out and about....think I've seen about 10 or so, so fairly rare for me....kill it....doesn't drop shit.

Then I see these silent chests....farm obels...buy stack of keys....excited to loot one....pop it open, its no diff than any fucking normal chest.

Then I see some fairly large interesting looking chests after some encounters and think it might have a goodie in it, newp..same trash as any other random chest.

Do the tree of whisper event...go do a turn in...just like some random ass chest drop again.

I don't regret playing the game, and I'm sure it will be tweaked a bunch and many things adjusted...but knowing it will be another 10+ years to try again with Diablo 5 is disheartening.
Thankfully by that time they'll finally have the technology to trans you real time so you can hit your non-binary slider in combat to transition from body type 1 to body type 2 effortlessly. Ahhh, progress.

Chris

Potato del Grande
There are additional avenues to spend consumer money after buying the box? O M F G ABSOLUTELY UNHEARD OF

This game doesn't have 400+hrs of content and doesn't have the depth of a game released and supported for the past ten years? TRASH

The game doesn't cost the same as a new Nintendo 64 game in 1997 ($60)? CAPITALIST SCUM OPPRESSING THE POOR

Where am I? Who are all these whiny bitches that have never played diablo or a video game before?

oh yeah, it's the same handful of people that whine in every thread about everything.
Why are you white knighting a tranny californian corporation?

Well, when I say that about other ARPGs I get told i'm wrong so some people are gonna have to decide which way they want it. Lol just kidding, it's just another case of D4 doing something other games do but it's a negative for this and a positive for them because they need reasons to be mad.
If you want to critisise the different coloured aoe things in melee range PoE skills, you may have a point.

PoE can get away with that because there are varied ways to build your defences, different advantages to different elements and different buffs/debuffs to build around. PoE also had traps and totems and cast on attack and passive damage auras and a multitude of other things.

D4 isn't that deep. As a rogue I got two non elemental melee skills I can aspect to be AoE, with a choice of combo points or cooldown reset on ultimate. Similar with ranged.

There are the beginnings of trap, stun and stealth builds but not quite enough support yet.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is anyone playing w/ spoilers and guides? apart from the first 2hours of figuring out how to play together, we avoided everything besides a map of the lilith locs

am i supposed to pay for a subscription? i just click circle/circle (cancel) everytime i log into the game

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
is anyone playing w/ spoilers and guides? apart from the first 2hours of figuring out how to play together, we avoided everything besides a map of the lilith locs

am i supposed to pay for a subscription? i just click circle/circle (cancel) everytime i log into the game
No sub, thank God. But it looks like quite a few people are having your issue. Im not entirely sure its the Blizzard Servers as I can log in w/o issue.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have now officially found every Barb unique 3x over MINUS the BP I want. THIS has dropped four times for me. I guess I will try thorns.

aaa.jpg

• 1Like

vGrade

Potato del Grande

Is your set up less than this?

Attachments

• FqjiR0bWwAA3QKy.jpeg.jpg
    FqjiR0bWwAA3QKy.jpeg.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 23