<Silver Donator>
1687703358444.png

Last edited:
  • 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yea. Some angry nerd is teaching them a lesson about requiring always-online for a game that doesn't need to be

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Well Blizzard is just a small startup, they don't have the means to stop shit like this.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So,

I guess one way to kind of enjoy the game is to start over with a different class. I got my Necromancer to 70th and got tired of the pet upkeep and lack of the ability to focus pets. I went barbarian and I must say that it is rather therapeutic to slam shit with a hammer. He is clearly a lot stronger than my Necromancer(Pets) at dealing with the big bosses. Having to reopen maps all over again is silly. At least I got to bypass the quest. Bank space is a premium because all characters share the same bank. I like having a shared slot but having all of them shared is stupid. Took a bit to reacquire the runes. I was surprised I had too. That will suck for leveling runes every time you make an ALT.

All of the QoL stuff that Diablo 3 has and very few of the things made it too this game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Keep getting the unable to find valid license error. I guess I will try later.

If it is any comfort, my game crashed on entering first dungeon and I'm back playing login bingo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Bank space is a premium because all characters share the same bank. I like having a shared slot but having all of them shared is stupid.

Ain't this the fucking truth and then some. There isn't a very compelling reason to not allow me to go full blown hoarders style like I was some sort of goblin. Since they made trading impossible and aids filled basically begging for people to RMT instead. They also need to remove required level from items but they can't with their gearscore WoW method of drops. The whole thing is fucked and for some reason these American Inventors are still sleeping on their 14 page QOL patch they know they need to put in. Stupid faggots should be patching weekly at least instead of sleeping on their dicks and the game dwindles into obscurity.

This will be the HOTS of the ARPG world. All the shit and nothing that makes it good, then it dies.

behold-stuff.gif

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So,

I guess one way to kind of enjoy the game is to start over with a different class. I got my Necromancer to 70th and got tired of the pet upkeep and lack of the ability to focus pets. I went barbarian and I must say that it is rather therapeutic to slam shit with a hammer. He is clearly a lot stronger than my Necromancer(Pets) at dealing with the big bosses. Having to reopen maps all over again is silly. At least I got to bypass the quest. Bank space is a premium because all characters share the same bank. I like having a shared slot but having all of them shared is stupid. Took a bit to reacquire the runes. I was surprised I had too. That will suck for leveling runes every time you make an ALT.

All of the QoL stuff that Diablo 3 has and very few of the things made it too this game.

Runes?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Every drop you get has a required level of your character, thus needlessly adding another barrier to alt making. I got two Frostburns on my barbarian, which are useless because I'm not leveling a Sorc alt to 78 and they're not tradable. Design that discourages players from making alts or trying other builds in an ARPG is stupid. Alts are why D2 could get away with the otherwise poor balance

Exactly this. When I get bored of my first character I don't see myself starting a second expressly because almost none of my work transfers over short of a few skill points. In D2 (and other games) you can be constantly acquiring gear that inspires alt play even if it doesn't help your primary character.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the hammer build for Barbarian is a bit powerful. I soloed Keystone for WT4 at 60th. Killed the boss in 3 skill recharges. I hope they do not nerf this. I played this build in D3 as well until it got nerfed.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

That'd be more funny if Immortal open world farming didn't feel more fun to hunt legendaries than D4. Delete the pay to win and it'd be a valid option.

Chris Chris could probably chime in on that. When you got a legendary drop in Immortal it was easy to quickly evaluate whether you got the roll you needed.

When you get drops in D4, first of all, it's using a more common droprate system. You go through 20 to maybe 30 drops a day if playing hard. So immediately the reward of finding an ancestral legendary is blunted, same goes for "rare hunting". The second blow to the dopamine is the very low chance that once you evaluate that item that it's something you can use. While it could be days at the high end to see something you need in Immortal if you are max, the dopamine reward hit is that much higher due to the lower incidence of being able to see that legendary drop, and the increased chance it's something you can actually use, and the speed with which you can immediately evaluate whether it's something you can use.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
That'd be more funny if Immortal open world farming didn't feel more fun to hunt legendaries than D4. Delete the pay to win and it'd be a valid option.

Chris Chris could probably chime in on that. When you got a legendary drop in Immortal it was easy to quickly evaluate whether you got the roll you needed.

When you get drops in D4, first of all, it's using a more common droprate system. You go through 20 to maybe 30 drops a day if playing hard. So immediately the reward of finding an ancestral legendary is blunted, same goes for "rare hunting". The second blow to the dopamine is the very low chance that once you evaluate that item that it's something you can use. While it could be days at the high end to see something you need in Immortal if you are max, the dopamine reward hit is that much higher due to the lower incidence of being able to see that legendary drop, and the increased chance it's something you can actually use, and the speed with which you can immediately evaluate whether it's something you can use.
I totally agree.

I played Diablo Immortal for 1 month before quitting and Diablo 4 for 2 weeks and I have now quit.

Diablo Immortal is just a Diablo 3 reskin and both it and Diablo 3 have better itemisation. There are few trash stats so when a legendary upgrade drops you can probably just equip it and if not you can cube the power so you don't need the item equipped.

There is way more build variety within a class in Diablo 3/Immortal with classes playing totally differently depending on the skills and legendary powers you choose.

The world layouts and server/multiplayer infrastructure is identical, but they added some neat if flawed multiplayer mechanics like the Shadows doing their times events every day so it felt like a secret society.

Diablo Immortal is the better game and a good idea of what Diablo 4's live service is going to be (fuck all).

• 2Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
So you don't like the game but you're still playing it?
The game is a 5. It's not abjectly terrible. They've copied enough stuff from better games to have something playable. It's perhaps the most average game I've ever seen. However compared to previous entries in the series I have to say that it's a failure in terms of design (not sales) because the bar was set so high.

I mostly play it because my old EQ pals do and I'll play bad or mediocre games with them because they're my homies. Also I got covid so I don't feel like doing important things right now and I set a goal of getting some fury drops to smash shit with a hammer for a night before dropping this title but I'm not going to keep going much longer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
D4 is no showstopper of an ARPG but to say that it has worse itemization than D3 or even suggest that it borrow things from Immortal and/or D3? Trolololololol.

At that point you're just purposely being a retard.