Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doesn't bother me too much. Because its one of the few multiplicative on its own so its a requirement. Just like crit damage. Basically a stat(or in this case ability) you are required to get if you want to maximize your damage.

The main complaint I can see is because its not just passive always happening in the background(like crit, crit damage) but requires you to apply it first. But after playing games for so long, required debuffs is nothing to new to me.

Maybe they will do something later, that just passively applies it either through an aura or just tied to an ability you spam anyway. Right now the latter happens but at least in my experience its only in 4-5 second windows and then a CD for application. I think if they removed the CD on application(exploit glyph) I would be happier. But limiting damage windows is nothing new.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't bother me too much. Because its one of the few multiplicative on its own so its a requirement. Just like crit damage. Basically a stat(or in this case ability) you are required to get if you want to maximize your damage.

The main complaint I can see is because its not just passive always happening in the background(like crit, crit damage) but requires you to apply it first. But after playing games for so long, required debuffs is nothing to new to me.

Maybe they will do something later, that just passively applies it either through an aura or just tied to an ability you spam anyway. Right now the latter happens but at least in my experience its only in 4-5 second windows and then a CD for application. I think if they removed the CD on application(exploit glyph) I would be happier. But limiting damage windows is nothing new.
Problem is pretty clear from a sorcerer point of view. You can get vuln 3 different ways. Frost nova, ice blades or ~40% chance to vuln on freeze legendary effect. It's less of a problem when you can get it from more builds but underlying that is either doing dmg or not doing dmg.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They need to innovate stats other than Crit, but Vulnerability isn't interesting if some builds or even classes just have it on 100% of the time.

Would be more interesting to have it be a proc that isn't on all the time, that you time your big abilities to go off during.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
No, it wouldn't. Problem is still doing dmg or not doing dmg, when its 100% of the time its not awful and just improves your power. When its less than 100% of the time its a horrible experience.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Edit: I complete forgot about the + vulnerable stats from other sources. Oops :p

Last edited:
  • 1Tiresome

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Would be more interesting to have it be a proc that isn't on all the time, that you time your big abilities to go off during.
They could even call it a...critical strike! Genius!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So... my stash is full of legendary junk.

Not a problem right? Just sell/salvage the poor

You can sort by type with the red arrows on the tab you have open.

I play ww barb and need 8 specific aspects, so I only keep the good rolls, all the rest goes into salvage.

Endgame you'll be using rares with good rolls and imprints, and a lot of uniques are shit.

If this doesn't help just make alts and use their inventory. Works best if you name the alts after the kind of item they hold.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
its 20% isnt it? That is hardly going from no damage to doing dmg. Lets leave the hyperbole out of it.
There's a lot of mods and paragon board squares that give +vulnerability damage. And unlike most +damage stats, it's in its own scaling category like crit/crit damage.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
its 20% isnt it? That is hardly going from no damage to doing dmg. Lets leave the hyperbole out of it.

Err, my vulnerable damage is at 323% and still too low.

That shit is op.

• 1Like

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
What are you talking about? I do 170% more dmg to vulnerable targets and I do not have it nearly as stacked as you can get it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They could even call it a...critical strike! Genius!
Critical Strike is used for single attacks proccing double damage, why would the same name be used for a short duration damage buff that would encompass multiple attacks?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Critical Strike is used for single attacks proccing double damage, why would the same name be used for a short duration damage buff that would encompass multiple attacks?
....multicrit!

I am genius.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Err, my vulnerable damage is at 323% and still too low.

That shit is op.

I completely forgot about the other stat , +damage to vulnerable. Outside the 20% that just vulnerable gives. Does + damage to vulnerable just add into the 20% and then that total is multiplied? Or is it 20% x (amount added)? Then that total x dmg pool? The latter would make for crazy spike in damage.

Last edited:
  • 1Tiresome

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So on top of the other issues I posted, we also have that they have poor forcasting of what will make them money and where their efforts should be directed.

Makes it more likely someone will over analyse a weak engagement number somewhere and cancel the whole thing.

Pretty much what happened to D3 expac, except the executive didn't even analyze any numbers. He just cited D3 being a mismanaged trainwreck at launch and bad press that happened several years prior. Completely ignored RoS being well-received. The cancellation was also done left-field, as the meeting was not about cancelling D3's expac in the first place. It was just a sudden unilateral decision made by 1 person with no input.

It doesn't take much at all to get a cancellation at Blizzard. Activision still exerts very little control on pipeline outside of the balance sheets. Microsoft is going to change a lot of things.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much what happened to D3 expac, except the executive didn't even analyze any numbers. He just cited D3 being a mismanaged trainwreck at launch and bad press that happened several years prior. Completely ignored RoS being well-received. The cancellation was also done left-field, as the meeting was not about cancelling D3's expac in the first place. It was just a sudden unilateral decision made by 1 person with no input.

It doesn't take much at all to get a cancellation at Blizzard. Activision still exerts very little control on pipeline outside of the balance sheets. Microsoft is going to change a lot of things.
They should immediately open it up for modding. And then offer jobs to whoever codes the most popular ones.

Historically, blizzard did this at least once before correct...

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I completely forgot about the other stat , +damage to vulnerable. Outside the 20% that just vulnerable gives. Does + damage to vulnerable just add into the 20% and then that total is multiplied? Or is it 20% x (amount added)? Then that total x dmg pool? The latter would make for crazy spike in damage.
A real nerd like Mist Mist can help you here.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Skellies + aoe dots + shadowblight seems very solid right now. Lvl 55 farming nightmares 8+lvls above me.

And I melt the butcher

• 1Like