Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I’ve come to the conclusion that the elite affixes suck balls. They took D3 affixes, and in every single instance, made them shittier and more frustrating to deal with. I would rather have D3 mobs than D4 mobs.

Monster abilities are in the same situation. Fuck the ghosts who do the line based lightning empower thing to other ghosts. And ESPECIALLY fuck the bandits who do the dazing smoke bombs, and the snakes who randomly spawn eyeballs that stun you for 2 seconds.

If you’re going to fill your game with cc that takes player control away, at least have the decency to give the players the same diminishing returns mechanics the monsters have. A pack of four elite snakes with terror, cold, etc affixes is just the exact opposite of fun in any situation where you aren’t insta-gibbing them all. Such as WT4 when you broke into it in the low 60’s for a challenge (or loot that’s relevant at all).

These devs suck balls.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They should immediately open it up for modding. And then offer jobs to whoever codes the most popular ones.

Historically, blizzard did this at least once before correct...

Can't have that. Then someone could make a wildly successful Diablo that Steam would end up owning.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Come on man, leave the hyperbole out of it

I got an upgrade!

20230704_215440.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That answered my question, looks like its just a separate pool, that is then added to the base 20%.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Playing ranged is starting to get aggravating. I'm really, really missing the simple feature from PoE, where you can set individual skills as cast without moving. Least with barb I can generally just wade through most of the crap on bosses. Running towards shit when I'm trying to attack it, while dodging flying shit, and shit on the ground, ect

I'm aware you can split the attack/interact/move in settings, but that is just a shit bandaid solution that requires another keybind or 2.

Yeah nearly 50 and tried doing the capstone, the damn thing was laughably easy for my barb at same level, hard as fuck for rogue, the curator dude, rest was easy.

Guess I'll rewire my brain for an additional key, but I'm fucking pissed about it. Guess I could just stick basic attack or move on mouse wheel.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
You can unbind zoom in/out from the wheel mouse then rebind it to force move.(assuming you are on PC)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Playing ranged is starting to get aggravating. I'm really, really missing the simple feature from PoE, where you can set individual skills as cast without moving. Least with barb I can generally just wade through most of the crap on bosses. Running towards shit when I'm trying to attack it, while dodging flying shit, and shit on the ground, ect

I'm aware you can split the attack/interact/move in settings, but that is just a shit bandaid solution that requires another keybind or 2.

Yeah nearly 50 and tried doing the capstone, the damn thing was laughably easy for my barb at same level, hard as fuck for rogue, the curator dude, rest was easy.

Guess I'll rewire my brain for an additional key, but I'm fucking pissed about it. Guess I could just stick basic attack or move on mouse wheel.
I tried to split the attack/move/interact as well, so I could learn to hitch step, but it was rather annoying and didn't seem to help me. So I went back to holding down left shift to root in place/disable move, which forces you to spam fire whichever skill is bound to left mouse button (if you hold down LMB).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I tried to split the attack/move/interact as well, so I could learn to hitch step, but it was rather annoying and didn't seem to help me. So I went back to holding down left shift to root in place/disable move, which forces you to spam fire whichever skill is bound to left mouse button (if you hold down LMB).
Yeah been trying the different options, but they all feel like shit. Shift is what I was originally doing open world/dungeons, just needed it occasionally. That damn boss though, got it down to last bar but was out of pots by that point, just too much going on, and constant need to move.

Maybe I'm just fucking old, and not suited for modern spastic style gaming.

Just too much shit pissing me off about this game, I'm not relaxed at all, and killing clusters of 5-6 mobs, and then 1-2 in between is really getting old.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The barbarian sounds like he was voiced by a hoarse Keanu Reeves. Exact same cadence and stilted pace. It was distracting!

Welp, I finished the campaign at level 47 and started working for the damn Tree. That campaign was a SLOG, and I cannot imagine ever wanting to do it again. Is there going to be an alternative way to level with a new season? I mean, so many long, empty hallways, way to much time and space between mob packs; but I suppose with the way the combat system works with cool-downs and balancing resources, I guess it is "balanced"......but it is not very exciting.

And that overworld - it was cool for about 20 levels and then fucking annoying until I got a horse to avoid it all. The fact that there are, what, 10 skill points associated with doing tasks around the overworld is a pretty shitty design choice.

Overall, I give my experience so far a Meh/10. I will do some more of the endgame stuff, but I am not inspired enough to try new builds, and the thought of starting the campaign from scratch again gives me the heebie jeebies.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Just wait till you try the WT4 capstone dungeon.
The one for access to WT4 or next? Did the one on barb early 60's, no fucking way I want to do that on rogue. i just got this computer, don't want to rage out and smash it lol

Fucker

Log Wizard
I’ve come to the conclusion that the elite affixes suck balls. They took D3 affixes, and in every single instance, made them shittier and more frustrating to deal with. I would rather have D3 mobs than D4 mobs.

Monster abilities are in the same situation. Fuck the ghosts who do the line based lightning empower thing to other ghosts. And ESPECIALLY fuck the bandits who do the dazing smoke bombs, and the snakes who randomly spawn eyeballs that stun you for 2 seconds.

If you’re going to fill your game with cc that takes player control away, at least have the decency to give the players the same diminishing returns mechanics the monsters have. A pack of four elite snakes with terror, cold, etc affixes is just the exact opposite of fun in any situation where you aren’t insta-gibbing them all. Such as WT4 when you broke into it in the low 60’s for a challenge (or loot that’s relevant at all).

These devs suck balls.
Bosses are annoying as fuck. They aren't hard, just tedious. 99% of them are the same fight, but with different character models. Fight, then it summons adds, then it drops pizzas all over the place. Damage sponge until done. They need to be removed from the dungeons because they add nothing but another layer of tedium.

And then there's the flanking mobs or ones that reposition themselves. Made a complete PITA to target because the designers went full retard on aiming and the fucking LAG. I play a wizard and 99% of the time I am asking WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CURSOR.

I'm still pretty amazed that after all this time in development, they managed to pinch out something materially worse than Diablo 3. Other than Lilith, I already can't name a single boss. Bob From Accounting, Laundromat Linda, Mist Mangina...these could very well be their names. Hell, at least in D3 I died a few times to the bosses. D4 boss fights are the equivalent of moped jousting Mad Max style.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bosses are annoying as fuck. They aren't hard, just tedious. 99% of them are the same fight, but with different character models. Fight, then it summons adds, then it drops pizzas all over the place. Damage sponge until done. They need to be removed from the dungeons because they add nothing but another layer of tedium
I'm lv72 and the bosses die very quickly, they were as you describe up and including the WT4 capstone though.

The thing that gets me are when multiple elites have bonus health/defences with CC abiltiies and chain stun me as a Rogue. I got the double shadowstep aspect yesterday which helps as now I have three CC breaks including concealment.

I agree that they may as well not be there.

They should have had less dungeons but much longer, more randomised and more visually distinct with a stronger act boss at the end that drops legendaries but not so much health.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Some of the elites seem to be unstoppable and/or have an affix that is unresponsive to CC like an elemental enchant. So you can't go for an insta-gib strategy, because the elite will instantly output some kind of damage that kills instantly upon trying to gib it before it gibs, even if you evade the first proc it will proc again so fast it's just not possible for a melee to deal with. Sure it doesn't happen often. In 30 runs recently I've only seen 1 elite with those properties, but 1 bad roll on an elite shutting a run down that's otherwise on farm status is shit. NM is aggressively difficult if you aren't a Barb or Druid. The classes reaping the benefits from the NM reward changes are basically those 2 classes who can clear very high NM consistently and quickly for completion XP.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Code:
Aspect of the Trampled Earth, to summon waves of Landslide as you Trample.

Symbiotic Aspect, to let your Storm damage like Storm Strike reset your Trample through Nature's Fury.

Aspect of The Aftershock, to double the Landslide you generate and ramp damage significantly.

Aspect of Natures Savagery Werewolf Skills function as Storm Skills and Werebear Skills function as Earth Skills for the Nature's Fury Key Passive

Scored a max roll on symbiotic, put it on amulet. Now i have 12 second cooldown on my 16 second trample. I use claw (which is now a storm skill) + hurricane to reduce bulwark + trample... And those abilities reset my storms skills, its a never ending cycle of 0 cooldowns... insane build. 0 need for spirit

clearing t25 at lvl 62 easily

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
So after running NMs I was excited to have Bloodless Scream, the unique scythe that's supposed to add a chill effect to darkness skills - effectively turning the dots into freezes over time; only to find out it does ESSENTIALLY NOTHING. The chill effect never actually results in anything being slowed noticably and never freezes anything before they die from normal damage.

Blizzard doesn't test anything anymore, and if they do, they have absolute mongoloids working for them if they thought this item's interactions are working in line with expectations. Fucking idiots. Fix your shit.

Burns

So after running NMs I was excited to have Bloodless Scream, the unique scythe that's supposed to add a chill effect to darkness skills - effectively turning the dots into freezes over time; only to find out it does ESSENTIALLY NOTHING. The chill effect never actually results in anything being slowed noticably and never freezes anything before they die from normal damage.

Blizzard doesn't test anything anymore, and if they do, they have absolute mongoloids working for them if they thought this item's interactions are working in line with expectations. Fucking idiots. Fix your shit.
It still triggers the 2-5 resources on CC lego and I think it helps freeze things faster if you have the skelly mages with blizzard lego. I was able to remove the builder from my bar, as soon as I got it.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
It still triggers the 2-5 resources on CC lego and I think it helps freeze things faster if you have the skelly mages with blizzard lego. I was able to remove the builder from my bar, as soon as I got it.
Yeah, I know it's applying something that counts as a CC, but the chill percentage is way too low and should have been dramatically increased prior to release.

Burns

Yeah, I know it's applying something that counts as a CC, but the chill percentage is way too low and should have been dramatically increased prior to release.
Yea, the snare part of chill is certainly underwhelming but anything (elites) that lived very long would freeze fairly quickly, when I had blizzard mages and black pool corpse explosions while using that weapon.

I guess the mage blizzard slow kinda/maybe helped when running from elite pack to elite pack, skipping everything in between, or just running directly to the objectives, but I don't think it was really needed.

If I had to guess it would be that getting snared by 50%+ is not fun for the player, and they didn't want to code player slows and mob slows differently.

Chris

Potato del Grande

I have 3 pairs of the rogue gloves that summon a shadow to copy your skill on lucky hit... that doesn't scale and just uses base stats.